***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's OK to watch the fireworks at the Polynesian if you're not staying there, I presume that extends to the Contemporary?

DS2 and I are doing the Pirates & Pals cruise from the Contemporary on April 26. DH and DS1 are planning to stick around the hotel, hit the arcade, get some ice cream or something somewhere and watch the water pageant and fireworks from the beach. They're going to have a few hours to kill, and we are not familiar with the Contemporary at all!

Harlie, you're going to be at WDW the same days we are. :) We'll even be at the Crystal Palace the same day, but we're having dinner.

i wish they would put out the Limited Time Magic schedule more than a week in advance. i'm DYING to know what will be during my week.

Jays2013 said:
Harlie, you're going to be at WDW the same days we are. :) We'll even be at the Crystal Palace the same day, but we're having dinner.

That is awesome! Watch for us I will be wearing a lgmh!

Anybody ever do an adults only Chef Mickeys? We have no kids but I am obsessed with Minnie and Mickey. Should I just wait and see them at Magic Kingdom again? I made my reservation two months ago, but I have read reviews that some of the CM's (characters and servers) are not very pleasant, even if you have children. And would love this info so I can pass the res time to a family who really wants it.

Hi! It's been quite awhile since I lasted posted on thie DIS.But then it's been awhile since I was on a Disney trip.
Besides a one day visit to Epcot last February, my last actual Disney trip was back in 2009. So I am really looking forward to going in April.
My family and I (DH ,2 DD ages 25 and 20) and 1 DGD, (21 months at time of visit) will be driving down, and we leave on April 3!
We always drive through the night and expect to arrive in Titusville on the 4/4 right around check in time. We will be in Titusville visiting with my mom who lives there, and then we will head on over to Orlando on the morning of the 6th. Our Disney package doesn't actually start until the 7th, so we will be staying in a near by hotel for the night.My dd's want to spend 4/6 at US & IOA, so my husband and I will be taking our granddaughter to Sea World that day. Then the following day we will all check into a family suite at The Art of Animation Resort.We booked a Nemo suite andare very excited to stay at this resort. My DG loves Finding Nemo, and we know she will be so thrilled to see him at this resort.

My husband and I surprised our DD's with this trip on Christmas day. After they had opened up all thier gifts and some time had gone by, I pretended to find two more gifts that I had forgotten to place under the tree. When they opened these gifts, what they found was a simple chalkboard,outlined with Disney princesses that I had bought at a dollar store. On the chalkboard, I had written, 'Surprise!!! Your going to Disney World in April 2013!!! "
They were pretty happy when they read that ,and then the rest of Christmas day was just talking and making plans for Disney! It was a fun day!

And now we are counting down the days. The trip has been booked and paid for,the dining reservations have been made, and new clothes have already been purchased.My dd's have cleared thier schedules as far as work and school go, and are now working on teaching my DG all about the Disney characters and getting her familiar with Disney characters. I am especially excited to take my granddaughter for her first trip and see Disney World through her eyes, even if they aren't quite 2 years old yet at the time!
We will be there 4/7- 4/15.

There's a fellow that posts on this thread: http://www.disboards.com /showthread.php?t=2815923 -- For 2,000+ Mile Round-Trip Drivers Only! (III) -- that is from Lehigh Valley. DVCZerfs is his name. You might want to pop over there.

Finally got a trip for the family. April 25th-30th. We are going to stay at the PopCentury. Going to be using Disney transportation with a 5 & 2yr old. This will be their 1st trip and we havent told them yet. Should be fun. Is there still a fridge swap or do people just rent them from Disney now?

Anybody ever do an adults only Chef Mickeys? We have no kids but I am obsessed with Minnie and Mickey. Should I just wait and see them at Magic Kingdom again? I made my reservation two months ago, but I have read reviews that some of the CM's (characters and servers) are not very pleasant, even if you have children. And would love this info so I can pass the res time to a family who really wants it.

My sister and I went to Chef Mickey's a couple years ago, and we are both in our 20s. We got to meet all of the characters.

If it's OK to watch the fireworks at the Polynesian if you're not staying there, I presume that extends to the Contemporary?

DS2 and I are doing the Pirates & Pals cruise from the Contemporary on April 26. DH and DS1 are planning to stick around the hotel, hit the arcade, get some ice cream or something somewhere and watch the water pageant and fireworks from the beach. They're going to have a few hours to kill, and we are not familiar with the Contemporary at all!

Yup. As far as Disney's concerned, anyone can hang out on the beaches and around the resorts. The only exception is using the pools.

i wish they would put out the Limited Time Magic schedule more than a week in advance. i'm DYING to know what will be during my week.

Me too! Hopefully they'll start posting them a bit further in advance soon.

I haven't done Chef Mickey's, but I've done Tusker House, Ohana, and 1900 Park Fare just adults, and everyone was perfectly pleasant. I've heard that people LOVE the character interaction at Chef Mickey's, but it's really up to you.

Finally got a trip for the family. April 25th-30th. We are going to stay at the PopCentury. Going to be using Disney transportation with a 5 & 2yr old. This will be their 1st trip and we havent told them yet. Should be fun. Is there still a fridge swap or do people just rent them from Disney now?
If I'm informed correctly all of the Disney hotels now have fridges in every room.

lwells523 said:

All rooms at Disney now have a fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That will help a ton! Last I read somewhere that they were available for like $12 a night which is a little pricey on a budget. If that was the case then a Styrofoam cooler would work for me. Thanks!

Harlie said:
Okay let me restart!!

Hi everyone! I am excited to join the April 2013 Dis-group! We just made our reservations today!
We leave on April 23rd at 6am and arrive at MCO at apx 2:15. taking the magical express to our resort Coronondo Springs Resort. This is our first time in a moderate!

This trip is just for me and my DH. We had been trying for a second child of our own for over a year and have learned it won't happen without a petrie dish. and even then there is no guarantee so we decided to give up because the costs are too much (emotionally and financially) It has been difficult to be okay with this choice because the desire to have another child is still there and it doesn't go away. So we thought a distraction would help pass the time. What better distraction then our Favorite place in the world! Disney.

SO today has been a busy day. Plane reservations made, room and park tickets booked, parks days decided on and ADRs complete!

ADRs
April 24th: Crystal Palace Breakfast
April 25th: Biergarten Lunch, Le Cellier Late supper (There is a story behind this adr I will chat about later)
April 26th: Tuskar House Breaky
April 27th: Prime Time supper
April 28th: Be our guest supper
April 29th(My Birthday): Yachtman Steakhouse supper
April 30th: Maya Grill
May 1st: Bubba Gump Shrimp

So in 71 more days I can go home!

I just want to send you my well wishes. I know how awful infertility is, DH and I have struggled with it since 2006, after 4 doctors, one surgery (me), numerous IUIs, insane side effects to IF medications, we are meeting with one final clinic in NY to get on their donor embryo list, we are already on 3 others each with a minimum 1 year wait. (IVF and traditional adoption is way out of our financial comfort zone.)

So, enjoy your Disney trip for the two of you. Celebrate one another and have a wonderful time together!

We love Coronado Springs, we are staying there from 4/3-4/5. You will love it. Your dining looks delicious too! Have fun, and be well!

Jen

Mom just surprised us again, please change the first leg of our trip, 3/31-4/3 to the Grand Floridian. Yippee!!!!!

Hi, I've been lurking for a while:). We're coming over from the UK for our first ever trip to Florida and WDW. Me, DH, DS12 and DD10. We are staying at CR from 28 march to 11 April. We're so excited. It's only SIX weeks away. Yay yay :)

Just now realizing that I'm going to have to put the cheeseburgers down and go tanning before the trip. Trying on shorts at the mall yesterday didn't go so well. Lol

i officially started my diet today. I will be SO depressed if I'm this weight on my trip. I lost a good amount of weight after seeing the pics from our first family WDW trip 2 years ago (I don't know do scales so best guesstimate -- 25-30 lbs.). I got down to about a couple lbs. away from squeezing into a 6. Last April when I went back with just ODS and my sister...... I went thru my closet and gave her ALL of my fat clothes for the trip, and bought myself an entirely new wardrobe. Now I've gained most of the weight back. :sad2: I SWORE on this next trip I was going to get into some pics because I'm one of those people who never gets in pics because i'm always taking them....plus I hate how I look, so I sprung for PPP for this trip and everything. At this point I won't get in any of the pics. If I have to go out and buy all new fat clothes for this trip, I think it will really push me over the edge. It will put a damper on my whole trip. (life, actually :sad1: )
Anyways, I lose best with low carb, so I had 2 HB eggs and a half a banana this a.m..... and I am already flipping RAVENOUS and it's only 10 a.m. It's so hard.

:cool1::rotfl2::worship::banana::yay: HE SAID "BOOK IT"!!!! Finally DH has given me the green light to book our April 2013 trip! )Well, I have had POR-Riverside booked for two months now..., as well as Chef Mickeys, Biergarten, and 1900 Park Square) :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 But its finally official!

Amtrak Autrotrain booked 10 minutes ago... almost lost the room price, we got the last 2 at the lower price.

Now to finish my ADRs and surprise plan.

I had to make 2 promises to DH in order for him to agree, we have to surprise the kids, and not tell them until the day we leave, and I had to promise not to make any Tshirts or autograph books, or anything :sad2: But its ok... we are going to DISNEY!

Off to update my signature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter