***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's strange for us is the last 3 years JB beat out SW for us. I was happy with the 135.00 on SW. Maybe JB will drop their prices a bit now??

We just nailed down our dates, March 27 - April 5, at the All Star Movies....better late than never! I normally book our trip a year in advance, but we just decided to sneak a trip in to celebrate..... my dad had a terrible heart attack that should've killed him and he had 5 bypasses done just last month so we have really need to celebrate life! I'm hoping that 2013 mirrors 2012 with free dining through the end of March!

I sure wish we could get an idea of the discounts will be offered for Spring. Fall got plenty of FD and now RO discounts. My luck they probably wont release any promos for Spring.

YES, but I think April might be prime time because one way was more than flights would cost!!!!! Thanks for posting the link to the thread for the crazy driving idea :(

Maybe we can book flights and put Christmas presents towards paying for them #tackyanddesperate

I was playing with numbers at Amtrak last week and round trip on the Auto Train with our van came to $690.00 after AAA discount. That was for lower level coach seats for two people. That was a lower price than I expected. I checked southbound 4/14 and northbound 4/26 and both were available. If I was confident that dh would be ok on the AutoTrain (balance disorder and claustrophobia concerns), I would have booked it. But I'm just not sure.

pwdebbie said:
I was playing with numbers at Amtrak last week and round trip on the Auto Train with our van came to $690.00 after AAA discount. That was for lower level coach seats for two people. That was a lower price than I expected. I checked southbound 4/14 and northbound 4/26 and both were available. If I was confident that dh would be ok on the AutoTrain (balance disorder and claustrophobia concerns), I would have booked it. But I'm just not sure.

Yea, for the four of us it was super expensive with the bedroom option.....maybe we don't need that? I don't know anything about auto trail traveling lol

I am waiting on airfares before making final changes to the Disney portion of the trip. I am hoping for April 13-20 at Disney. I will make sure to post as soon as I have final plans (well they were final:)) Thank you for paying such close attention and keeping the thread up to date. I love how active it has become and it must be a lot of work to keep up with. Thanks again.

I started with a 3 night cruise on Disney Dream just to see if I could handle the movement of a ship. Then I made it a 4 night cruise, because what was the point in trying a cruise if I don't have a sea day. In trying to be open to all possibilites (all of our vacations have been Disney) I checked out a review here on the DISBoards Shrek Takes On Mickey: The Dreamworks Experience Aboard Allure of the Seas 9/18-25 and had my DH check it out too.

He wanted to go on the big ship. The kids and I left him at home for our Christmas trip so I wanted him to have his vacation. We went back and forth about it. I love Disney and wanted all the Magic that would come with the Dream. He is a police officer and would much rather deal with lots of kids on our couple's trip than the party crowd that we have heard frequent the other cruise lines. But the Allure was impressive. Largest ship in the world and all that. A zipline, two wave simulators, a bigger adult pool, and the aqua thearter didn't hurt either. It is also the most stable. And also only cost $300 more to go on a 7 night Allure cruise than a 4 night Disney Dream cruise. He wanted a longer cruise so I surprised him with an Allure booking.

We both really still really wanted to do a Disney cruise, but he still wanted 7 nights. The Disney Fantasy cost more than he was willing to pay. In the end we settled on RC Freedom of the Seas because it leaves from Port Canaveral which is a much more manageable drive than Allure at Ft. Lauderdale from Disney World. The Freedom gets great reviews, leaves out the same day, had more desirable ports of call for us, and was $300 cheaper than Allure (just a bonus). Not to mention if I spend the week hugging the toliet I would rather it not be on a Disney ship. So for the same price as the 4 night cruise on Disney Dream we are going on a 7 night Freedom of the Seas. I have not totally cancelled my Disney booking and if I can handle a ship then I will hopefully take a Diseny cruise in 2014 or maybe sooner...

That may be much more information than you wanted:laughing:

P.S. Links...type the name you want for the link, highlight that name then click the insert hyperlink button (the globe with paperclip thing) and paste link into the pop up box - just looked this up so I could do it

Thanks for the compliment. I never started a thread like this before and really don't know what I'm doing. I'm an old dog trying to learn new tricks. :) People that know me would tell you that I am a stickler for details. Makes sense as I used to be a proofreader.

See now, I appreciate your thinking process there on the cruises! You sound like me. Sometimes dh is sorry he asked me something because it takes me a while to get from where I began to what I actually ended up with. And I hope you don't end up hugging a toilet the whole time. My parents love RC. Their next cruise is coming up on the Enchantment of the Seas out of Baltimore. They won't consider any other cruise lines. (They are in their 80s now and think this might be their last cruise. They wanted us to go along but dh is convinced he'll be the one hugging the porcelain throne the whole time. Soarin' did him in real bad, so I'm not willing to risk a cruise.)

Thanks for the help with the links. It worked! But I lost my color and can't seem to get it back. The coding looks right. So I guess the links can't be colored. :confused3

Just got our flight out! We're flying SW out of Providence on 4/10 for $145! Not too shabby! Not the $99 we got last trip, but being April break, I'll take it. The best part was I had enough SW rewards to buy 3 of the 5 tickets we needed, so it was only $295 out of pocket for now!

Now just wish me luck because we decided to take a 8:15 pm flight with three small kids....I hope they sleep :eek:

Just got our flight out! We're flying SW out of Providence on 4/10 for $145! Not too shabby! Not the $99 we got last trip, but being April break, I'll take it. The best part was I had enough SW rewards to buy 3 of the 5 tickets we needed, so it was only $295 out of pocket for now!

Now just wish me luck because we decided to take a 8:15 pm flight with three small kids....I hope they sleep :eek:

I had you at April 15 - 21. Are you now April 10 - 21? Same resort?

I had you at April 15 - 21. Are you now April 10 - 21? Same resort?

Sorry for the confusion (and you are really on top of things, impressive :goodvibes). We are going to my in laws in sarasota first from the 10-15 and then AoA Nemo Suite from the 15-21. I sure wish it was Disney that whole time!

Stefjp said:
So where is everyone travelling from?

North Central FL for us and my in-laws are coming from Gulf Shores, Alabama. It'll be their first time to Disney. They have a son who will be 3 and our daughter is 3, so I am really looking forward to the fun they'll have together. :)

Leaving Scottsdale, AZ on April 22 for a stay through the 29th at POP, I think. Not firm yet on the resort, last two stays were at CSR.

Pwdebbie

We pulled the trigger and got our airfare so now our travel dates are 4/18-4/28!!!! We got to add on two days for the cost of what we budgeted for airfare....so now....we are

4/18-4/20 Port Orleans Riverside Royal room!:yay:
4/20-4/28 Poly CL!!! :dance3:

Sooooo excited!!!!!! :woohoo:

Just made the reservation for POP April 14 - April 19!!! Yayyyyy for the on property decision. Now if only Disney would bring on the discounts / free dining!

Disney knew I've been there 5 times, none of which have occurred with my married name..... How did they connect my married name to my maiden name??

coming from Mass! Flying out of BDL!!! Thinking of switching from POR to AOA in a LM room. Dates now are April 12-19th, possibly the 20th depending on times/prices of return flights.

Stefjp said:
So where is everyone travelling from?

We live in Colorado Springs but will be flying out of Denver. Frontier actually just added a direct flight to MCO from our tiny *** airport, which I was really excited about, but as always Denver is much cheaper. So we'll make the hour-and-a-half drive to fly from there. We do have a direct, 4 hour flight out of Denver at least.

I'm travelling from Northampton (the one in the UK not the one in MA) so it will take us about 12 hrs to get there if you include the wait time at the airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter