***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading everyone's posts and I'm still hoping we can go in April. DH says we should get through September's trip first and make a decision later but DD keeps saying how much she would love to have her b-day at Disney so I told DH we have to know by mid October when the 180 day mark hits because I need to know whether or not I'm going to book CRT for her b-day...
She turns 5 next April so I figure this may be the last time we could do this since she'll be in school the following year. It also works out good with Easter being so early next year that I'm hoping the crowds would thin down a little by the time we go.
Hoping for some pixie dust for a bounceback offer for the spring although from what I heard, that doesn't seem to happen...but a girl can dream :)

I keep reading everyone's posts and I'm still hoping we can go in April. DH says we should get through September's trip first and make a decision later but DD keeps saying how much she would love to have her b-day at Disney so I told DH we have to know by mid October when the 180 day mark hits because I need to know whether or not I'm going to book CRT for her b-day...
She turns 5 next April so I figure this may be the last time we could do this since she'll be in school the following year. It also works out good with Easter being so early next year that I'm hoping the crowds would thin down a little by the time we go.
Hoping for some pixie dust for a bounceback offer for the spring although from what I heard, that doesn't seem to happen...but a girl can dream :)

I say go for it! Who knows what offers might come up between now and April? Book it now and adjust it when you can. Don't let bounceback be your determining factor.

We go for 14 nights starting on April 23rd staying @ POFQ - is it too early to start making lists ?

So I FINALLY got a PIN the other day!!!! I was SOOOO excited, even though I couldn't use it b/c it was for this year, but I was still psyched b/c I thought I *finally* made it to the Magical PIN List, so there would be hope of me getting one for next April. :cool1: Then after quite some time, I noticed it was addressed to my father, not me!!! :( This past April I booked a separate room for each of us - I did both reservations and used my email address for both reservations, and figures HE'S the one that gets the PIN. :worried:

My dh said yesterday, "I guess you haven't done much planning yet for our next trip, have you?" When I launched into my day-by-day plans, he dared to roll his eyes. Can you imagine that? :lmao:

i wish the april park hours would come out. Even though we can probably figure what the hours will be, I don't feel like I can officially plan until the hours are confirmed.

i wish the april park hours would come out. Even though we can probably figure what the hours will be, I don't feel like I can officially plan until the hours are confirmed.

Yep, I totally hear you. Even though my mom's doing a majority of the planning, I'd still like to know what the schedule is...I downloaded the official Disney World app (it's free for iPod/iPad/iPhone), so I can see times and waits day by day...I feel like such a Disney stalker :rotfl2:

Alice Royal said:
Yep, I totally hear you. Even though my mom's doing a majority of the planning, I'd still like to know what the schedule is...I downloaded the official Disney World app (it's free for iPod/iPad/iPhone), so I can see times and waits day by day...I feel like such a Disney stalker :rotfl2:

Love that. I'm going to DL it right now!

I know I am crazy, but I cannot plan anything until I KNOW that I can get there by air! Driving is NOT an option....so until those darn rates drop or SW comes out with something ok.....I AM STUCK. Once that is all set, then I can hope for hours, and plan for ADR's and all that jazz.

My how this thread has grown!! :goodvibes

If possible, you can update my April info. Our dates are 4/20-4/28 and we are staying Poly CL!! :yay:

Now to go back and read...

I am waiting for SW to release their fares for our dates too! I know that tomorrow it will open up through 4/12, so our dates should be in the next batch. I'm always happy when I've secured my airfare. :goodvibes

I am waiting for SW to release their fares for our dates too! I know that tomorrow it will open up through 4/12, so our dates should be in the next batch. I'm always happy when I've secured my airfare. :goodvibes

I should be waiting until the 4/13 dates are released, but if I can find a one-way on SW for $100 or under for the 11th or 12th I will probably book it. SW doesn't have change fees so I can change it later. But I just can't stand it. Besides if it doesn't work out to change the ticket then I get another day or two at Disney World.

We are staying at Bonnet Creek and eating mostly off property or in the room, so I don't have but a couple (maybe?) dining plans to make. I don't make touring plans anymore. This limbo thing is killing me.

I have already changed my cruise plans twice. I went from the Dream, to RC Allure of the Seas, and now to RC Freedom of the Seas.

Now what? But doesn't April sound like a lovely time to be at Disney World?:flower3:

GAH! Air Tran finally posted fares for APril and they only go up to 4/12. It says they'll open up the next batch in October! Since Southwest also plans to post fares up to the 12th, I'm betting we'll have to wait 'til october for those too!!! :scared1::sad2::sad1:

(I have an AT credit so I have to use them, at least one way).

yeah I say GAH too along with some other words!!!! I might book SW on the 12th, do a 1 night room only, then book a package for the 13-20th and try to book JB for the return flight with our remaining credit....yup sounds like a plan....

You guys make me sooooooo glad my flights are booked! Waiting around would really annoy me.

momtwoboys said:
I know I am crazy, but I cannot plan anything until I KNOW that I can get there by air! Driving is NOT an option....so until those darn rates drop or SW comes out with something ok.....I AM STUCK. Once that is all set, then I can hope for hours, and plan for ADR's and all that jazz.

You frighten me! We are planning on driving from CT because I am a baby who hates to fly AND flights with our kids were miserable travel this summer (as compared to 2 days of car travel...see, CRAZY). I guess I will be on flight watch.... but we need 3 tickets and I don't want to spend $800 sooo maybe I need this one trip to then declare "Never again!"

I finally went ahead and booked our airfare on United - had been hoping to wait for Frontier or SW fares but got impatient, and United actually had a good deal if we could avoid flying on the weekend. So with a little bit of searching I was able to find a Thur/Fri combination that we could get the cheap fares AND still get a room at YC. So now we are going from 4/18-4/26. Our last night will be at AoA - YC was booked that night, and DD has been wanting to stay in a Lion King Suite anyway. (plus it was cheaper, and since we will have to leave on ME at 5am, we didn't need another night on our package with dining plan and tix)

Super excited now that I know it's really official, I also can't totally convince myself it will happen until I have those non-refundable airplane tickets in hand, lol! Just hope they don't come out with some crazy good discount that would have required us checking in on our original date instead, then I'd feel stupid.

And I still haven't updated my ticker, now we leave two days sooner! (And come home 2 days sooner, but I won't think about that just yet!)

I could not be in a car with my husband and 2 boys for 2 days!!!!! I will take the 2 1/2 hour flight, as long as it is affordable. They drive me nuts on the car ride to Cape cod, so noooo way could I do it to Florida ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter