• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I booked Chef Mickeys for arrival day @ 5:00 p.m. We'll get to AoA at probably 11ish, hang at the hotel/swim and then hop on the bus to MK around 4:00. Then back to AoA and to bed by 8:00.

I hope being to close to MK, we're not tempted to go in. :rolleyes1

TJDisneymama said:
UGH, I just read that FP Plus will be going live next month. NOT happy about that at all. :crazy2:

I really need to get a move on. I have 107 days until arrival day and have yet to finish sorting out my ADRs, and now I have to worry about potentially booking my rides 60 days out? I Don't even think they had regular FP last time I went to WDW!

This is my first trip in 15 years and now I just feel stressed

I was hoping not to have to deal with anymore changes to FP before our trip, but guess I should look into what its all about!

we booked our dinner for Crystal Palace at 5:00pm so we can stay put in the MK. we should get to POR around 11:45am and board the bus to MK about 1:30 :lovestruc after dinner its bed!

off to read about this FP+ shenanigans!

The prospect of FP+ is making me very anxious, I think mainly because we haven't been given a whole lot of information about it, but also because its just one more thing to worry about, you know?

i heard that for a while after it starts, theyll still have the regular FP too so hopefully that will be the case in april and i just wont concecern myself with the Plus.

i wish i knew what they are hoping to achieve with this because right now,ii just do NOT get it at all. i am an obsessive planner so you would think i' d be their targeted guest but i hate what ive heard so far. you can only use them in 1 park a day? and if your using the Plus, you cant use the regular FPs? that sounds *horrible!*

rebeccaariel said:
The prospect of FP+ is making me very anxious, I think mainly because we haven't been given a whole lot of information about it, but also because its just one more thing to worry about, you know?

I know exactly what you mean! I'm a 'loose' planner- i like to know what park I'm going to a day or more ahead, and I can just about cope with sorting out ADRs for the fewTS meals ill be having (note to self: stop talking about booking ADRs and actually book them!), but the thought of potentially having to plan each day in that much detail is too much pressure!

Where's the fantasy/adventure/spontaneity/fun in that?!

I just wish I KNEW one way or the other if it was going to be available ! I wouldn't mind being able to use it, but it would probably change the way we tour a bit, so I can't bring myself to do a lot of work on our touring plans right now, when it might all change. And that is making me antsy, lol!

Plus, with the difficulty of using their new website right now, I'm a little afraid they will try to roll it out right before our trip, but the website will make it very difficult to set up. I can't even get my resort and dining reservations to show up correctly as it is.

i' m assuming once it goes into effect, it wii take a while to work all the bugs out, probably not til well after april.

cinmell said:
I haven't book airfare either, it's outrageous!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm never this loosey goosey about our WDW trips. Mom and I will get our airfare in check this week. My problem is that I can't decide yet if DH and I are returning on 4/5 or 4/6. I want to stay an extra day, but the flights on 4/6 are insane! We'll figure it out though. Good luck with yours too!

Ok, I booked Chef Mickeys for arrival day @ 5:00 p.m. We'll get to AoA at probably 11ish, hang at the hotel/swim and then hop on the bus to MK around 4:00. Then back to AoA and to bed by 8:00.

I hope being to close to MK, we're not tempted to go in. :rolleyes1

We were going to book CF our arrival night (same plan, pool and dinner pretty much) and decided it would be too much of a tease seeing the castle and not going in, lol. We're going to DTD and trying Raglan Road!

We finally booked! We are staying at the art of animation in the nemo family suite! Yesterday during the day when I checked online under te spring sale nemo was not available but last night it was!! So happy my kids in I wanted nemo over cars but hubby could care less. This will be our first time at a value we have always stayed deluxe before.

Do you want to be listed on the first page? If so, I'll need your dates.

off to read about this FP+ shenanigans!

If you go the "My Disney Experience" part of the new WDW website and sign up, you will get a long section to read about FP+. The one thing I saw that I did not like -- disclaimer, this is how I understood what I was reading -- was that when you load your paper tickets onto your KTTW card (which is what we have, bought them a few years ago), then you can't use FP at all, you have to use FP+. Ok, at least that is what I got out of what I read, I could be wrong.

The two of us are booked in a honeymoon rm at WL (CL) April 24-28
Then moving to GF (CL) for April 28-May 3.
We're hoping to get spoiled. :-)

Our countdown is 109 days!

ME! ME!:cool1

Driving from CT April 12..staying overnight in Florence SC..and arriving at a rental house Sat the 14 only 8 miles from Disney! We will be leaving Sat 20 back to CT...Spending about 5 days at Disney parks and 1 day in Sanibel Island!

The two of us are booked in a honeymoon rm at WL (CL) April 24-28
Then moving to GF (CL) for April 28-May 3.
We're hoping to get spoiled. :-)

Our countdown is 109 days!

I just found your pre-trip report and added the link to our PTR post. :goodvibes

May this trip be an awesome blessing for the two of you. Pace yourself and you should do just fine. You might want to look into getting a Guest Assistance Card when you get there.

Can someone tell me how the DME works exactly? I have tried to read the stickys but they still don't answer my question. I know that they have our flight number coming into Orlando, are we then supposed to be down there in a certain amount of time? We get into MCO at about 7:00 PM I thought that we should grab some food at the airport before heading off to the hotel. Do we need to be fast about it? Also on deparature day our plane leaves at about 5:30 PM. I thought it would be nice to spend the morning in MK. Will the DME expect to pick us up at a certain time to take us back to the airport? Do we need to make a reservation to be taken to the airport? Also, what are your thoughts about doing MK again on the last day?

Can someone tell me how the DME works exactly? I have tried to read the stickys but they still don't answer my question. I know that they have our flight number coming into Orlando, are we then supposed to be down there in a certain amount of time? We get into MCO at about 7:00 PM I thought that we should grab some food at the airport before heading off to the hotel. Do we need to be fast about it? Also on deparature day our plane leaves at about 5:30 PM. I thought it would be nice to spend the morning in MK. Will the DME expect to pick us up at a certain time to take us back to the airport? Do we need to make a reservation to be taken to the airport? Also, what are your thoughts about doing MK again on the last day?

It doesn't actually matter what ME bus you take when you land. We had a delayed flight coming in and when I called ME to let them know we'd be late, they said it didn't matter because ME runs 24/7. All we needed to do was check in at the ME desk before getting on the bus.

As for departure, you'll get an envelope the day before that says when you'll be picked up and taken to the airport. If you booked ME and have given them your flight info, you've done what you needed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter