***Official April 2013 thread*** SEE POST # 4028

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have been the last few Aprils, and yes its beautiful! hardly any rain and if it does it was a downpour then it stopped. Warm but not overly humid. One day last april though I was freezing in Epcot! I needed a fleece it was windy and I was cold! anyone that was there heard me crabbing in search of a hot coffee near canada! :rotfl2:

we have been the last few Aprils, and yes its beautiful! hardly any rain and if it does it was a downpour then it stopped. Warm but not overly humid. One day last april though I was freezing in Epcot! I needed a fleece it was windy and I was cold! anyone that was there heard me crabbing in search of a hot coffee near canada! :rotfl2:

I think we were there the same week and our Epcot day was SO. HOT. I even gave in and bought DS one of those way overpriced spray fan bottles for like $100......or whatever ridiculous amount they charge, lol.

As far as weather goes...our last trip was the last half of July.....that was HOT.

I am very much looking forward to April weather. :goodvibes

Anyone know how April weather compares to end of August weather? My last trip was in the last week of August and this one will be in the last week of April. Just wanna know what I'm in for lol

Am I double digits yet or what????? Also, am I the only one who isn't paid in full yet ? We do final payment with income tax return. Ugh. iyt drives me crazy until it's paid though.

Double digits for me too!!!:cool1::cool1:

And I don't even want to discuss my balance. I'm getting nervous about my February deadline. Fingers crossed for a fabulous tax refund. That's always our vacation money.

Anyone know how April weather compares to end of August weather? My last trip was in the last week of August and this one will be in the last week of April. Just wanna know what I'm in for lol

I would imagine a LOT cooler and a lot less rain than in August. I remember going in August once years ago... I swear it was like 120 degrees (well, that's what it felt like)

just checked several sites. Avg. rainfall for April is about 2.5". August is about 7".

Avg. temps for April - 83/60. August is 92/74

TJDisneymama said:
I would imagine a LOT cooler and a lot less rain than in August. I remember going in August once years ago... I swear it was like 120 degrees (well, that's what it felt like)

It was pretty hot! Didn't rain as much as they had predicted, which was nice, but it did rain a few times. I'm happy it'll be a bit cooler and drier this time around! Maybe I'll be less sweaty and gross lol

We spent this same week last year in Panama City. The weather was nice and breezy in the morning and never got ridiculously hot. There were many afternoons I was sitting by the pool in a hoody because it was so breezy.

We're also from Georgia and usually go in June, so I'm excited about an average high of 80.

83 days to go. Found flights for my parents from Long Island, and for my brother out of DC at great rates. Found a low rate for DH and I to get TO Disney, but the flights back are insane. Clearly Disney is telling me to move there and get a job instead of returning to Philly!!

Oh boy! There was a story on my local news up here in NH about the my magic+ band.....starting this spring....it's coming!!!

I just don't understand how people who want to utilize the FP+ times will know its live in order to choose. They are picked at 60 days out and we are going to be there before we know it. :confused3

Oh boy! There was a story on my local news up here in NH about the my magic+ band.....starting this spring....it's coming!!!

I just don't understand how people who want to utilize the FP+ times will know its live in order to choose. They are picked at 60 days out and we are going to be there before we know it. :confused3

IDK, do we really think they're going to be all booked out 60 days in advance like ADRs are? I hope not. They talk a lot about being able to plan for them "on the fly" in the parks...... maybe they only put out a certain amount of them for advance booking like at 60 days, then more at 30 days, then more at 15 days, etc. and leave some for that day?
It all seems so complicated and unnecessary.

Saw that this morning on WMUR. I don't like not having all the information. If it's going to be used starting in spring, they should be telling us more about it now as spring arrivals have already booked months ago. Grrrrr. The fast pass thing sounds awesome and hubby hates the big rides, so seems like instead of being able to book 3 rides for the kids and I I could ude hid and get 6.

Saw that this morning on WMUR. I don't like not having all the information. If it's going to be used starting in spring, they should be telling us more about it now as spring arrivals have already booked months ago. Grrrrr. The fast pass thing sounds awesome and hubby hates the big rides, so seems like instead of being able to book 3 rides for the kids and I I could ude hid and get 6.

i think its going to be tied to your personal info which are stored in the bracelets so you couldnt use dh' s - it would only be for him to use.

i think its going to be tied to your personal info which are stored in the bracelets so you couldnt use dh' s - it would only be for him to use.
Ahhhhhhh yes that makes sense.

Well I called Disney to ask about the wristbands and they seem to know less than we do. Ugh. He says he doesn't know if they will be available in the spring or the summer and that he has no idea how we would go about booking the fast passes at the 60 day mark. All of their new "innovations" while exciting are typically also frustrating.

yeah, I wouldn't plan on getting any useful info from the CMs any time soon. The people on the DIS will know more way before the CMs do.
I don't think it's really going to be ready for our trips. Maybe in trial run mode, but I foresee lots of kinks and bugs taking months and months to work out before they officially roll it out.

Yup, good old WMUR. :thumbsup2

My DH thinks these bracelets are going to be awesome, and are going to lead to more relaxation because now we'll be able to get FP's for later in the day and not having to hit the parks early (we are NOT early risers on vacation), so now, even if we sleep in, we will still have our fastpasses....good point...:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter