Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

Does anyone know where to find an elevation map for the enchanted 10 k course? I've seen the course map, but since this is my first 10 k I was curious about the elevation. Any one who has run it in the past, I'd welcome your comments. princess

I'll check my garmin for you. It's pretty flat though.

Does anyone know where to find an elevation map for the enchanted 10 k course? I've seen the course map, but since this is my first 10 k I was curious about the elevation. Any one who has run it in the past, I'd welcome your comments. princess

I don't know how to post links or I'd link up my elevation chart from Strava. To me elevation is all relative to what you are used to. I'd say the 10k is essentially flat. I looked at my Strava file of the race and it looks basically flat. It has three very small "hills" but the gain in elevation on the graph barely registers. It's so small I can't tell what it is, but if say maybe 25 feet max per hill? Now, to clarify, I live in New England in a very hilly area, and can't go out for a run without running up a long slow hill to come home. So if you live in a super flat area these hills may register a bit more for you.

Thanks! I'm from northeastern Ky. so I train on some hills. I'm trying to get myself mentally prepare and train appropriately. :)

About 10K elevation... I live and train on the Gulf Coast of FL - FLAT. There's a long on ramp-overpass just after mile 1, that little bridge between EP and Intl Gateway, and the few bridges around the EP resort loop. No real hills, nothing crazy.

About 10K elevation... I live and train on the Gulf Coast of FL - FLAT. There's a long on ramp-overpass just after mile 1, that little bridge between EP and Intl Gateway, and the few bridges around the EP resort loop. No real hills, nothing crazy.

This is true. It isn't so bad in he 10K. These "hills" are much more problematic in the half. When you have run 10 miles, that ramp seems like a mountain!

My elevation is jagged but small ruses and falls. I didn't expect it to have even thT much movement.

I know we have talked about this before, but as long as a 10K is chip timed, I can use it for my proof of time, right?

I know we have talked about this before, but as long as a 10K is chip timed, I can use it for my proof of time, right?

Yes. According to the website, you need to have a result that can be verified, which I have been told means you can find the results on the web. When I sent mine in last November I provided all the info rD specifies on their website, as well as a link to the results page of the 10k I did. Also make sure to include an updated estimated finish time if that's relevant.

Omg - southwest just opened dates thru march 6 and the prices coming back to Chicago on Sunday 2/22 are crazy!! I can get roundtrip on American for less than that one flight! From Chicago. Wow this will be an expensive weekend.

Omg - southwest just opened dates thru march 6 and the prices coming back to Chicago on Sunday 2/22 are crazy!! I can get roundtrip on American for less than that one flight! From Chicago. Wow this will be an expensive weekend.

you beat me to the punch :)
going down isn't so bad if you purchase the GETAWAY prices but coming home its over 300.00
I am wondering, when the best time to purchase is?:confused3:confused3

Definitely! Crazy!

We fly American round trip because it's the cheapest airline to take from Dallas to MCO. Southwest adds up and doesn't fly nonstop from Dallas to MCO. We usually pay about $330 roundtrip for American.

I just checked for BWI ( a SWA hub) - crazy!! 300$ for the return flight? First they swallow Airtran, then they charge this much?? Checking JetBlue out of DC now. It's gotta be better.

I just checked for BWI ( a SWA hub) - crazy!! 300$ for the return flight? First they swallow Airtran, then they charge this much?? Checking JetBlue out of DC now. It's gotta be better.

JB flight DCA~MCO is a great price for Princess weekend .... but the return isn't! I'll keep watching those. Have Jan Marathon weekend flights booked on JB with good prices ~~ I booked the flight down first and kept watching the returns until I found a good return price too.

I have found that with SWA the best prices are from Richmond (RIC) to MCO. There are good return price MCO-RIC for Princess weekend right now (especially if you want to return on Monday morning!) Fortunately for us, Richmond is fairly close too so that makes it a feasible option.

JB flight DCA~MCO is a great price for Princess weekend .... but the return isn't! I'll keep watching those. Have Jan Marathon weekend flights booked on JB with good prices ~~ I booked the flight down first and kept watching the returns until I found a good return price too. I have found that with SWA the best prices are from Richmond (RIC) to MCO. There are good return price MCO-RIC for Princess weekend right now (especially if you want to return on Monday morning!) Fortunately for us, Richmond is fairly close too so that makes it a feasible option.
thanks for the info! Fortunately (or unfortunately), BWI is 20 minutes from my house (DCA 45 min) so it is super convenient, especially for early flights. Think
I will buy outbound and wait on return, although I did that for ToT and no changes. Just an expensive hobby, I guess :)

you beat me to the punch :)
going down isn't so bad if you purchase the GETAWAY prices but coming home its over 300.00
I am wondering, when the best time to purchase is?:confused3:confused3

Last year I watched the prices because I paid more than I wanted and knew Southwest will give you a credit if your flight price goes down after you buy your ticket. Not a refund, but a credit you can use on a future purchase. My flights never went on sale. I checked close to weekly and every time I saw an email or Facebook post from Southwest about a sale. I have been watching my tickets for December for the same reason, and no reductions, those have actually gotten significantly higher. The week leading into the races is a vacation week in some parts of the country (including here in Massachusetts) and the races start at the end of Presidents Day week and Mardi Gras week. Too much demand.

My own experience this morning was mixed. I first put in my ideal travel dates (which I was very set on) and got a total of $2000 for 4 of us. Knowing what happened last year I figured I better just do it. But, for some reason my credit card would not go through. I changed computers figuring it was a browser issue, and accidentally put in the wrong dates by a few days. Price went all the way down to under $900! That made me feel a lot more flexible about my travel dates:) So I wanted to travel the Sunday before the race and go home the Monday after. That was $2000. Instead I am going the Monday before the race and staying until Tuesday. That was $896 for the four of us. So much better. This will mean more time off work than I wanted and pulling the kids from school, but I decided its worth it. So glad its over with, I have been stalking the southwest website and worrying about these flights for weeks.

Now if I can just can my plantar fascia tear to heal so I can get cleared to train I will be a happy lady:)

$444 for my flight that I'm looking at from Hartford to Orlando.
Think that's as good as it's going to get.

Gonna talk to hubby tonight when he gets home to double check times, then I will book.

$444 for my flight that I'm looking at from Hartford to Orlando.
Think that's as good as it's going to get.

Gonna talk to hubby tonight when he gets home to double check times, then I will book.

I'll be flying out of Hartford too. The prices are pretty high…I can get it somewhat lower by manipulating the dates, but it stinks to pay such high airfare for a short trip.

Does anyone know if it's feasible to drive to the race in the morning, or will there be too much traffic?

Anne34 are you anywhere near Milwaukee? I am looking at flights out of there on Southwest. Flying home on Sunday is going to be expensive no matter what you do--can you wait until Monday or Tuesday?

I figure I will have to take 3 days off or work--either Thursday, Friday and Monday or Friday, Monday and Tuesday. My round trips for one are either $334 or $274. Not too bad. Just waiting for my friend who is also doing the GSC with me to tell me which option works best for her.

President's Day is the Monday before PHM with lots of people taking vacation that week so airfares are high at that time. You should see the fares if you are flying to a ski vacation...REALLY eye popping !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter