Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

I am running the 10k and signed up for the breakfast that morning thinking it was a post race breakfast. The couple we are running with signed up for the one the day before. Is the breakfast near the finish and can we show up sweaty? I just assumed it was an after race thing.

I have the 220. I love it! I also have the chest strap and it doesn't bother me. It is actually more comfortable than the one that came with my Polar!

I'm glad the chest strap doesn't bother you. I love the color of the 220. I got the purple and white one. Is that the color you got?

Thanks for the watch reviews guys!! Really helpful! I think the garmin 220 looks pretty sweet but I am with ya, I wish there were a few other color options available

I am running the 10k and signed up for the breakfast that morning thinking it was a post race breakfast. The couple we are running with signed up for the one the day before. Is the breakfast near the finish and can we show up sweaty? I just assumed it was an after race thing.

It is definitely post-race, and runs from 7-9am. With the race not starting until 6:15 it would have to be in a tent right by there. But other than that I can't really find much info either! I was wondering what food options were offered since those goofy photos on the rundisney site basically just had bananas in them. But I am assuming it has the typical eggs, oatmeal, maybe some mickey waffles.

I haven't heard many good things about the breakfast or the pasta party. I just chose places to eat.

It is definitely post-race, and runs from 7-9am. With the race not starting until 6:15 it would have to be in a tent right by there. But other than that I can't really find much info either! I was wondering what food options were offered since those goofy photos on the rundisney site basically just had bananas in them. But I am assuming it has the typical eggs, oatmeal, maybe some mickey waffles.

I saw something about quiche and fruit and princesses in attendance.

I completed my first 5K today! :cheer2: It was rough! It was already in the 80's at 8 am this morning when it started, and it was a LOT of hills, but I am so glad I did it and so very proud of myself. Can't wait for the next one. As soon as I can walk again!! :lmao: I kid, I kid, but I am tired and sore.

I completed my first 5K today! :cheer2: It was rough! It was already in the 80's at 8 am this morning when it started, and it was a LOT of hills, but I am so glad I did it and so very proud of myself. Can't wait for the next one. As soon as I can walk again!! :lmao: I kid, I kid, but I am tired and sore.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You did great! Running it the heat is really hard, but it is good preparation for running in Florida!

The 5k has had a name change on the runDisney website.. No longer is it listed as the Royal Family 5k.. Now it is simply the Princess 5k. Subtle but could be a clue?!?

Congrats!!!

Wondering if anyone has experience with this, but we are running the 10k and trying to plan out my park visit for that day. Is there any chance after the 10k we could make it back to AoA for a shower and then to AK for an 8am breakfast at Tusker House? If not, any idea how reasonably we could make it there for? Say if we finished the 10k at about 11-12 m/m pace ?

thanks!

Wondering if anyone has experience with this, but we are running the 10k and trying to plan out my park visit for that day. Is there any chance after the 10k we could make it back to AoA for a shower and then to AK for an 8am breakfast at Tusker House? If not, any idea how reasonably we could make it there for? Say if we finished the 10k at about 11-12 m/m pace ?

thanks!

While making Tusker House for an 8 am breakfast is possible, it seems unlikely.

With an 11-12 m/m pace, you will probably start about 5:40 and finish about 6:50. If you walk quickly through the finish area and back to the bus stop, you might be there by 7:00. If you bus is waiting and leaves as soon as you board, you might get back to your hotel by 7:15. If you are quick when you shower and change, you might make it back to the bus stop by 7:30 and if your bus again leaves as soon as you board, you might get to Animal Kingdom by 7:45. With tickets in hand, minimal line for bag check and walking with purpose, you could be at the restaurant by 8.

In all likelihood, your bus connections won't be that smooth, you'll take more time in the finish area, and you won't be able to shower and change that quickly.

I would say 9 is very doable and 8:30 is possible but will still require you to hustle. -- Suzanne

While making Tusker House for an 8 am breakfast is possible, it seems unlikely.

With an 11-12 m/m pace, you will probably start about 5:40 and finish about 6:50. If you walk quickly through the finish area and back to the bus stop, you might be there by 7:00. If you bus is waiting and leaves as soon as you board, you might get back to your hotel by 7:15. If you are quick when you shower and change, you might make it back to the bus stop by 7:30 and if your bus again leaves as soon as you board, you might get to Animal Kingdom by 7:45. With tickets in hand, minimal line for bag check and walking with purpose, you could be at the restaurant by 8.

In all likelihood, your bus connections won't be that smooth, you'll take more time in the finish area, and you won't be able to shower and change that quickly.

I would say 9 is very doable and 8:30 is possible but will still require you to hustle. -- Suzanne

Suzanne - thank you for the quick reply and that is what I figured... I will push it out to another day, we usually try to do it on a non EMH day, so we can be by the Safari right at 9am park opening... better be safe, enjoy the run and do that another day! :-)

-Orskan

:confused3 I just tried to register my son for the 5k (i'll be doing the triple that weekend) and even though it is showing at 99% when it sends to me to active it says the event is full. I refreshed the runDisney page to see if I happened to just luck out at that very moment but it is still showing available on the rD website and when I choose which event I want to register for, it is still an option. :confused3 Anyone have issues trying to register today?

It doesn't always refresh immediately. It's likely already full but since it's a Sunday they don't have anyone updating it. :(

I would keep trying though, just in case.

:confused3 I just tried to register my son for the 5k (i'll be doing the triple that weekend) and even though it is showing at 99% when it sends to me to active it says the event is full. I refreshed the runDisney page to see if I happened to just luck out at that very moment but it is still showing available on the rD website and when I choose which event I want to register for, it is still an option. :confused3 Anyone have issues trying to register today?

Someone posted that it indicated 97% full on the 25th and 99% yesterday. My guess is that Bumbershoot is correct, and that it is already sold out. Sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter