Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

And check your junk/spam filters. who knows what might be in there that the Bayes filter says "oooh this is junk."

I need to troll ebay for medals for DD. She is mad at me that it's Frozen and she's not going. Might have to hit someone up for a t-shirt too if they don't want one.

So it looks like they're opening up online resort booking tomorrow :cool1: The only problem is, I can't decide where I want to stay :rolleyes1

I've almost definitely decided on deluxe - I'll be travelling with a friend and my niece, and we'd all like to have our own beds :). I've always wanted to try the Contemporary, but an Epcot resort would be awesome too....where is everyone else thinking of???

Thanks for this great place to get info for PHM and thanks for adding me to the FB page! This will be my first runDisney race and I am signed up for the 10K with my sister. It will also be my first 10K!

We were originally going to stay at ASMusic, then opted for a split stay between ASMusic & Port Orleans Riverside, but after talking with my bf, we've decided to just do POR the whole time rather than a split stay. With the 35% military discount, it's only going to cost us roughly $180 more for a king room for the week, so we're gonna spring for it.

We are waiting on room rates. Then we can guess at room discounts and get a better idea of the cost. It looks like four of us will be there for a week. Two will arrive later. Still debating a split stay. Four in one room at the front end and then two per room on the back end?

We are waiting on room rates. Then we can guess at room discounts and get a better idea of the cost. It looks like four of us will be there for a week. Two will arrive later. Still debating a split stay. Four in one room at the front end and then two per room on the back end?

You can book now and have the rates applied when they are released assuming your package matches what is offered its still far enough out that you can cancel and rebook

I am going to have one pouty DD when she learns Cinderella's Royal table will be CLOSED from January 5- March 6... Now where to have our post race celebration???

I am going to have one pouty DD when she learns Cinderella's Royal table will be CLOSED from January 5- March 6... Now where to have our post race celebration???
I am disappointed about this too! I really wanted to go there on this trip since it is my "girls" trip - my boys have no interest :(

So it looks like they're opening up online resort booking tomorrow :cool1: The only problem is, I can't decide where I want to stay :rolleyes1

I've almost definitely decided on deluxe - I'll be travelling with a friend and my niece, and we'd all like to have our own beds :). I've always wanted to try the Contemporary, but an Epcot resort would be awesome too....where is everyone else thinking of???

I'm doing Contemporary! :thumbsup2 It is one of the few resorts I've yet to stay at so I'm excited. FYI - I booked with Jenn and destinations in Florida travel because she has a group rate for CR that's great.

I'm also staying the week leading up to the race on rented points at AKL in a studio (one of my top 2 resorts on property). I thought the savannah view would be nice since I plan on lots of breaks to give my legs a rest during the week! I booked with Lauren at DVC rental store and she was amazing at getting it all set up because it was such a hard week for availability with Presidents weekend. I got a great deal there too though, and as of last week WL, AKL and BWI had studios available for race weekend.

I am disappointed about this too! I really wanted to go there on this trip since it is my "girls" trip - my boys have no interest :(

Try Akershus, I actually prefer it to CRT! Plus it is right at Epcot. I signed up for the princess breakfast after the 5k too because it will have meets and I just thought it would be a fun end to the 5k since it is my cousin's first race ever!

What time are the kids races typically over on Saturday? My kids are doing the 4-6yo race and I want to make lunch reservations for after their race

Has anyone seen what the medals for the PHM Weekend will look like? I'm sure I'm premature in asking, since I think the earliest I've seen them posted is around the ToT 10-miler or W&D (can't remember which). I LOVED the pink medal we got for 2013 (which makes sense since it was the anniversary medal), but wasn't too impressed with 2014. I've never done the 5K - those medals are rubber, right? I'm sure they'll be Frozen/A&E themed.

What time are the kids races typically over on Saturday? My kids are doing the 4-6yo race and I want to make lunch reservations for after their race

I don't recall what time races ended, but I can tell you when I can get to my computer and look at the time stamp on my pictures (on the mobile app now) if you are trying to make a specific time.

I can tell you we had an 1130 lunch at Sci-Fi, which meant finishing race, and walking through Epcot to take boat past boardwalk/YC/BC to MGM and we made it with plenty of time. We also did a character meet and greet with Mickey and friends in world Showcase as it opened (between GB and Canada). We had one in the 4-6 and one in the 6-8 which is later too. So there's plenty of time to make lunch reservations:) I could swear we did a ride too, but I could be confusing one of the other race mornings. It's a bit of a blur;)

Do the resorts sell out quickly for Princess weekend, particularly the Boardwalk resorts? I don't know if I want to put a down payment on a room now, or wait until I 'activate' my annual pass in November for any AP discounts.

If you call Disney, do they give you AAA discounts regardless of the time of year? Really want to stay at the Beach Club, but rack rate is a real tight fit for our budget.

Does anyone know where to find an elevation map for the enchanted 10 k course? I've seen the course map, but since this is my first 10 k I was curious about the elevation. Any one who has run it in the past, I'd welcome your comments. princess

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter