Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

Got my 10 miles in today on the treadmill. Like last year, watching DVDs of China Beach to keep my mind occupied!

We missed the big snowstorm...it went north of us. We've had rain off and on all day though.

8 miles today and I feel great. I feel like I'm 2-3 weeks behind in training but I'm cautiously optimistic that the race will be OK.

(first post on new forum! pretty.)

I live in Florida, at the Fl/GA line and started my run at 39 yesterday and finished with the temp in the 50's by the end of the day it was in the 70's. It changes so quickly here. I am glad for all the tips on the board. My first time to run a race. I did 8 miles yesterday, but 10.5 last weekend. I hope to do 14 next weekend which is the plan for the Jeff Galloway training. I will do short runs during the week on the treadmill and doing some dance trance for fun.

I'm training for the 10K. My first run ever. I did 7 miles on the treadmill yesterday. I'm feeling ready. I told my DH that as soon as we get back from this trip I'm going to start training for a half. 7 months ago I couldn't run for two minutes.

I can't wait for run weekend!

This was me last year!! The Enchanted 10K was my first 10K and now I'm hooked! Running the PHM this year, and who knows what 2016 will bring :rolleyes:. Have a great time - it's such a fun race :goodvibes

I missed my shorter long run this weekend (I was supposed to do a 6 miler before my last long run next week) due to a head cold I came down with last week. I'm hoping that taking the entire week off was a wise move. Less than three weeks to go!

My first time to run a race. I did 8 miles yesterday, but 10.5 last weekend. I hope to do 14 next weekend which is the plan for the Jeff Galloway training. I will do short runs during the week on the treadmill and doing some dance trance for fun.

I don't know what your plan is for the half, but unless you are trying to do really well with a great time, I wouldn't push it with 14 miles. I only did 10 miles for my first few halfs and was fine…I am not fast, just slow and steady. It is so close now. If you have put in the miles, you should be fine and be able to finish strong.

I missed my shorter long run this weekend (I was supposed to do a 6 miler before my last long run next week) due to a head cold I came down with last week. I'm hoping that taking the entire week off was a wise move. Less than three weeks to go!

If you only missed one run you should be fine. I missed a a run on Friday because I wasn't feeling well…it is best not to worry about it, but just move forward.

Advice from some veterans needed here. The snow here in Massachusetts in piling up at literally record levels for my city. I was forced to do my 12 indoors this weekend. My gym gets crowded and has a time limit on cardio equipment, so I only got 7 miles in one treadmill, then had to move to the indoor track that surrounds our weights area. 17 laps = 1 mile. So, 90 laps later . It was such as miserable experience. I always feel way more sore after treadmill runs, and the indoor track is very sloped around the 4 corners. I ended up with pretty severe knee pain.

My PTs original plan had me doing another 12 this weekend with a shorter run (4) the day before to prepare for the Triple Crown. But, I think it's asking for trouble. I feel ready, or at least as ready as I think I can feel without risking further injury. If by a miracle the weather allows outdoor running I will follow my original plan. But if not, I'm thinking instead of a 4 and 12 this weekend I'll go for more like a 5 and 7. Mid week I get 12 miles in with 3-6-3 over the next 3 days.

Does this sound reasonable? Just looking for reassurance I'm not cutting corners and that getting to the starts healthy is the most important consideration now.

Oh dear me - this new board is confusing! Let's see how this works...

1) My husband's old fleece. It was HUGE on me and so, so warm!
Funny fleece story: I bought a few extra fleece pullovers on clearance over the past few years, specifically for race throwaway use. But they're soooo cozy, now I don't want to part with them! I live in FLORIDA - I do not need 5 fleece pullovers, lol!

Princess, next time I'll look for the mylar on amazon. Would have loved that.
I was amazed by how well the dumb things work! Slippery, crinkly and obnoxiously loud, but yep - nice and warm :)

One note on the Mylar, lots of folks ended up with timing chips that didn't register their start time at marathon weekend as they ran over the mat with them on. Make sure you toss it before you cross the mat!
I heard that, too, and it seemed to be an issue if the mylar was covering the chip, like if it was wrapped around someone's waist. I always ball them up and tuck them away, or ditch them altogether before I start running anyway because I'm afraid of tripping. Or of tripping someone else!

I wish we had a crystal ball to figure out the weather. Accuweather now has it as 50's at the start and highs in 60's all week with a few days reaching 70. Guessing it could change a lot between now and then.
Yep! See below...

I live in Florida, at the Fl/GA line and started my run at 39 yesterday and finished with the temp in the 50's by the end of the day it was in the 70's.
:thumbsup2

Last edited:
I got 10 miles in on Saturday. My last long run before Glass Slipper. Was supposed to do 10 next weekend but had to move it up due to being out of town for a work conference. Hoping to get 6 miles next weekend at the hotel gym. It's so close I can hardly stand it! Rumor is that Dooney designs will be released on Wednesday. Fingers crossed.

I got 10 miles in on Saturday. My last long run before Glass Slipper. Was supposed to do 10 next weekend but had to move it up due to being out of town for a work conference. Hoping to get 6 miles next weekend at the hotel gym. It's so close I can hardly stand it! Rumor is that Dooney designs will be released on Wednesday. Fingers crossed.
I hope, I hope, I hope!! Driving me crazy waiting for the Dooneys. I hope it's a great design for all the waiting, it's supposed to be my "treat" for doing this!

Advice from some veterans needed here. The snow here in Massachusetts in piling up at literally record levels for my city. I was forced to do my 12 indoors this weekend. My gym gets crowded and has a time limit on cardio equipment, so I only got 7 miles in one treadmill, then had to move to the indoor track that surrounds our weights area. 17 laps = 1 mile. So, 90 laps later . It was such as miserable experience. I always feel way more sore after treadmill runs, and the indoor track is very sloped around the 4 corners. I ended up with pretty severe knee pain.

My PTs original plan had me doing another 12 this weekend with a shorter run (4) the day before to prepare for the Triple Crown. But, I think it's asking for trouble. I feel ready, or at least as ready as I think I can feel without risking further injury. If by a miracle the weather allows outdoor running I will follow my original plan. But if not, I'm thinking instead of a 4 and 12 this weekend I'll go for more like a 5 and 7. Mid week I get 12 miles in with 3-6-3 over the next 3 days.

Does this sound reasonable? Just looking for reassurance I'm not cutting corners and that getting to the starts healthy is the most important consideration now.
I think you will be fine if you don't get another 12 in this weekend. If you can do 12 you can do 13! And as far as the triple crown goes it's the wake ups that will get you, not the back to backs as long as you remember to take it nice and easy on Friday and Saturday. Save your gusto for Sunday! You should be fine with a 5/7 combo this weekend and then taper! 90 laps!?!? Yeah, I wouldn't do that once let alone 2 weekends in a row! I feel so bad for you northern princesses right now! Hang in there... Just a few more weeks to go!

I think you will be fine too. If you can do 12, you can do 13. And, it sounds like you are running 5 days? Your overall miles will still be completely fine 3-6-3-5-7 would be only shortening the overall by 4 miles and with that many days running the endurance will be fine. Honestly I bet you could give up a 3 without issue as well and give that knee another day of rest. Road or Track camber is SO hard on the body, I have been struggling with that on my tempo runs and will run a different route on my longer runs to go a route that has less camber. The idea of 7 miles on the treadmill and another 5 on the track gives me hives. That is impressive.

I also did just over 10 this past weekend and planning 6 for this weekend, nice to know someone else has the same plan as me :D

:mickeyjumIt's hard to believe that we're almost there! Where will the information about Dooney bags be posted? Is it on the website or facebook? Also...do you have to sign up for a spot to see the bags like I have heard you do for the New Balance sneakers? Thanks for the insight!

Got 12 miles in outside in 30 degree weather. Feeling ready!! How was everyone else's long runs??

I was able to log 8 miles outside on Saturday, and then 5 miles this morning on the treadmill. I got irrationally angry (I'm not a morning person) when I discovered no open treadmills at the gym when I got there, so I had to do 1.5 miles on the elliptical. Then, when a treadmill finally opened up, a guy cut in front of me and took the only open one! I headed back to the elliptical and spent another .5 mile waiting on another one to open up. When I finally got a treadmill, the guy who took mine had the farts so it reeked like rotten eggs my entire run!! Disgusting!!!! This is why I prefer to run outside. It was just too cold (22F) and dark to run outside on the trails at work this morning, so I had to run on the treadmill. :( I can't wait until Spring is here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter