• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

I was at the expo this afternoon and the only 5k frozen merchandise they had was a pin (not the medal pin). Was there more 5k merchandise available earlier today that they had sold out of? I'm trying to decide if its worth it to go to the expo tomorrow right at 9am.

I was counting my blessings three weeks ago when I came down with a cold because I thought it meant I was getting it out of the way, but I woke up today with THE WORST sore throat/congestion! The half is just three days away and we leave on Saturday. HELP!

For Dopey and Goofy this year they just did the pictures - no wristbands. So I think you're okay. :)

Last edited:
Just arrived to Orlando from San Francisco at 5pm. After a standstill of heavy traffic, I arrived to the ESPN Zone around 6:30. Wow! So much stimulation! And I was sad to discover that there were only a handful of small wrist Princess Dooney bags. I was informed that he large bags sold within a hour and the medium bag sold out by 4 pm. I can't believe that is all of the stock! Crazy!

I'm happy with my bib and race shirts. And most of all just happy to be here. Have a safe trip to Orlando.

I am curious as to how many men join in on the princess fun? I doubt its a race ill ever get down to (due to a foot injury my wife is limited to shorter distances) but im interested none the less...

I am curious as to how many men join in on the princess fun? I doubt its a race ill ever get down to (due to a foot injury my wife is limited to shorter distances) but im interested none the less...

You can look at past results…the first year I believe it was about 200 men and 6000 women. This will be my son's (21 years old) first Princess Half. He just wanted to run it with me as Burt and me as Mary Poppins. Some men "cross dress" as princesses other you see with there wife/girlfriend and they are dressed a prince and princess.

Just back from the expo and slightly panicked! Last year for GSC we got wristbands. I didn't get one this year, but didn't think of it. I had to go all over for GSC and 5k stuff and I think I would have noticed if there was anywhere to get one. Looked in the program and it doesn't mention anything about the wristband either. It talks about it for coast to coast, but not GSC. Can anyone confirm th process has changed this year? I can go back tomorrow if I have to, but hoping don't. I'm not good with pics, but here's what I've got for the shirts: 10k is dark purple with Turquoise and pink. 1/2 is bright pink with turquoise, GSC is silver/gray with turquoise and gold and yellow. I will try to figure how to post a pic![/QUOTE

As long as you took the picture for the challenge, you are good to go. The wristbands are only for coast to coast. Same procedure was just done at Star Wars. They check your picture after you finish the half before giving you the challenge medal.

You can look at past results…the first year I believe it was about 200 men and 6000 women. This will be my son's (21 years old) first Princess Half. He just wanted to run it with me as Burt and me as Mary Poppins. Some men "cross dress" as princesses other you see with there wife/girlfriend and they are dressed a prince and princess.

thanks I figured there were at least a decent amount like I said doubt it will ever come up but was curious just in case my wife suddenly gets crazy (like I did when the ToT was cancelled for 2015 and it turned into me running the 2016 Marathon (my first full) ) We are going to run the 5k that weekend together dressed as beauty and the beast so I would totally do something similar for the princess

My hubby has run it the last 5 years and he had a blast! He just watched us (two DDs and me) the first year but as soon as we finished he said, "I am sooooo running with you next year!"

The men usually get lots of shout outs from the princesses on the course!

If my wife ever decides to run it, I'll run it with her, but I wouldn't even consider running it alone. I'd rather run in January as I prefer the overall Disney theme to the Princess theme.

Based on reports from marathon weekend, they used the pictures to verify that the same person ran all the races for the challenges as well as chip times. We didn't get wristbands last year until after we finished the 10k but I don't think we're getting them this year. There is something in the program about checking in at the GSC tent in the finish area after the 10k so be sure to do that!

I wish the volunteers handing out bibs had had more info to give us- lots of figuring out stuff as I went along! good luck everyone!

Well, boo! I'm missing out on some really great shirts! I love my PHM shirt from last year, am OK with the black marathon shirt from last month, but REALLY love the pink PHM shirt and purple 10K shirt this year! Hoping for another round of great shirts next year!

Any advice for those traveling alone to the race?I thought it wouldn't bother me, but the more I think of it, the more anxious I become. The idea of walking alone to the bus stop in the dark is suddenly not appealing to me.

I've never traveled solo to WDW for a race or otherwise, but I run longer distances on my own. (My kids run the 5Ks with me.) At Disney, I ran the PHM last year and the marathon this year on my own. I'm not an "alone" type of person at all, so I thought I wouldn't like the dark walk to the bus by myself. But I love it. It's so peaceful and quiet. Really one of my favorite memories of running - the walk to the bus, the walk to the corral, the run. Reminds me of shirts I've seen on etsy for runner moms: "13.1 miles of peace and quiet" and "26.2 miles of peace and quiet." It all starts with that walk to the bus stop (or monorail.) Enjoy!

Does anyone know how many corrals there are for the 10k tomorrow? I'm in D & wondering how far back I'll be...

Our flights just got canceled for tomorrow and the only flight left is getting in at 6:45 p.m. which means we'll miss the expo. Can we get our bibs the morning of the race?

Our flights just got canceled for tomorrow and the only flight left is getting in at 6:45 p.m. which means we'll miss the expo. Can we get our bibs the morning of the race?
I have heard that if you go to the information tent the morning of the race they may be able to help you, this is unconfirmed but I read in someone's marathon weekend trip report that they did see extra bibs on a table in the back of the info tent, obviously this isn't something they advertise but I believe in emergency situations they will help you

First attempt to call them to let them know but I saw the unpicked up 5k bibs yesterday at the 5k so Im 99% sure you'll be fine. I think with all the weather issues that's a guarantee for winter races.. Not sure if they'll have the shirts etc there ( I know with races with expo time left they make ya go)

The runDisney office isn't open on Saturdays and I can't get ahold of anybody. Can someone pretty please ask at the expo today?! Sorry we are just freaking out here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter