Official 2019 HHN-29 Thread

Looking to join someone's private RIP on either oct 19 or 20. There are 3 of us. Is this the only site where people post open slots or are their other places I could post? Thanks
You can also post a new thread in the main forum as not everyone reads this thread

Also look at the sticky, “when are you going to hhn”

See if anyone there is looking to add peeps to their tour

@HatboxHaint, if you don’t mind me asking, how much was the Express pass you bought? We are going 10/9(a Wednesday) and planning to wait until there to see if we need one

Judging by the video I have seen they come out a few minutes before the show starts. They come out to a mini stage, and hold there wands up and set off some fireworks. Then they move around the area interacting with guests.

Since the show is every 20 minutes I do not know if they leave and redo the little walk out each time or if they just stay out for the hour.
I can now answer my own question. The night I went there were two shows. The Deatheaters come out well before each show and hang around a long time. They do eventually leave. A good wizard comes out and kicks their butts and they all scatter. But there is no formal announcement as to where this all happens, but the night I was there it was out in front of three broomsticks. The area between hogsmeade and the castle got completely jammed all the way down to the picnic table area by the school store and this was a wednesday night in september. They leave about a 1-2 person wide walkway on the left side (if walking towards hogwarts castle) for people wanting to pass thru, they call this the attractions walkway so people can still get to forbidden journey or on to jurassic area. The other side it taken up by people waiting to move in to see the next show. They definitely did not think about doing these castle shows when they designed hogsmeade. we were shoulder to shoulder packed in to watch the castle show and people were shoving thru to go to flight of hippogriff even tho there was a dedicated walkway on the other side of the rope. but I can understand the confusion, it's a mess.

Last edited:

WOW!! We just got back from our first ever HHN and I am so amazed at the dedication and detail that goes into this event. We (my 16 yr old son and I) were lucky enough to get to go for 6 nights with express. While I am sure it is doable without express I can't say enough about this, I think it really added to our experience and we were able to do all of the houses and scare zones several times. I think we noticed something new each time we went into them. My son was already talking about next year the first night we were there. LOL We had an amazing time and loved every minute of it! :flower1:

This will be the first time we are in the park during the day before HHN. I see US closes at 5 and HHN opens at 6:30. But as AP, we get to start at 5:30. What happens that half hour? Do we just stand and wait? Will the restaurants be open and can we get something to eat?

Stand and wait....

I have not been yet, I don’t arrive until Sunday so not sure what would be open

Last hhn, Simpson’s section I was inside the eaterie at 4:45 and got food
They stopped allowing people in at 5:00 but reopened to all about 5:30

Don’t know if that was standard procedure

If you don’t get an answer to your question, send an email to guest services
They would know what is open during
5:00 - 6:00

Going to HHN tonight! Is EP cheaper if you buy it once you are in the park? It is $90 online.

Also, are backpacks and bottled water allowed inside?

Thanks!

Sorry, one more Unmasking the Horror tour question. I have a tour already booked, but unfortunately the confirmation email has precious little info on it... not even the tour start time. Luckily I remember which time I chose. But anyway... the website says to check in at the "Blue Man Group Entrance" 15 mins prior to the time listed on the ticket... but I don't actually have a ticket, nor does the confirmation give any information about ticket pick-up (it just says shipping method is "VIP Tours." So if my tour is scheduled for 10:45 am, do I just show up at the entrance and tell them my name or something, or do I need to pick up a ticket somewhere first? Thanks.

did u receive an email?

You can stop at guest services anytime before tour & have them print tix using g your order confirmation number. I had mine printed 3 days prior to tour

I have a 10:45 am one too. You need to be at blue man group theater courtyard.

Was specifically told they build in the referenced 30 min pre tour. You will be expected to present yourself by 10:15 for a 10:45 am tour

9B3EAA08-C1FE-4E3D-819A-10C5A0C31FE3.jpeg

Just got back! Had tons of fun and wasn't all that crowded.

I'll give some favs and duds tomorrow, I'm exhausted lol

Ok, got some rest.

I really enjoyed most of houses

Top 3 favorites had to be Ghostbusters, Universal Monsters, and Graveyard Games.

Least favorites/disappointments were Blood Pit, Yeti, Depths of Fear.

Blood Pit was one of the ones I was most excited for, and it just fell kind of flat for me. Some of the areas was neat, but didn't get much reactions from me overall.

I really enjoyed both Marathon of Mayhem and the Academy of Villains shows as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter