Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

So, Trattoria al Forno (Boardwalk) doesn't open for dinner until 5:00pm, so I have made a reservation for Portobello Country Italian Trattoria (Disney Springs) at 4:00pm on Saturday, April 16, 2016. I made the reservation for six; however, only five spots are currently taken:

@opusone
@Z-Knight
@HockeyMomNH +1
@CynthiaC925

If anyone would like to join us, please let me know, and I will add you to the list. We can always try to increase the size of the table if needed.

Just checking in to make sure we are still on for dinner. Tonight is my FP+ night and I want to make sure I have my schedule down. :-)

Silly but lame tip I used for my first trip to WDW for W&D this last year was I used my dinning plan cup and used it a LOT with the poweraid refills. Kept up with that before parks and after, and then used nuun with water fountains at the parks. Never cramped but did go slow. Figured SOME of that was the start/stop from before. But know the poweraid is an option at the resorts.

Hiya everyone! Getting super excited for our race! 60 days! Soon after Princess next weekend we will be officially up to bat! Can't wait! Just made fast passes and confirmed reservations! Just signed my mother up for chEAR Squad as well! Question though! I just did Princess last year, which was my first and only runDisney race. I did the Race Retreat and it was AMAZING! Truly benefited from it. Really want to do it again and was wondering if anyone knew from experience if they would offer it? Anyone know about the other WDW races and other inaugural WDW races? I know Disneyland usually doesn't and things there are on a different scale there, but I'm just holding out hope it may be a potential offering at our race? I don't know what kind of last minute decisions they make for these races, possibly a pasta party offering? Thanks! Hope everyone is getting excited and lucking out on winter training!

:yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda:

Everyone should keep in mind Disney has water and Powerade on the course. If you are going to rely on Disney, try using Powerade during a part of your training to ensure it won't upset your stomach.

Do you know which flavor of Powerade they use? Is it Lemon Lime?

So, I am doing the dark side half marathon. I ran the Donald last year. I HATE training. Every time I train, I think about not doing the race. But when race day comes, I always have fun. Does anyone have any training tips to make it less dreadfull? And does anyone else have a hard time running? I'm so slow. Haha

So, I am doing the dark side half marathon. I ran the Donald last year. I HATE training. Every time I train, I think about not doing the race. But when race day comes, I always have fun. Does anyone have any training tips to make it less dreadfull? And does anyone else have a hard time running? I'm so slow. Haha

Maybe you can set aside a dollar a mile and buy yourself fun running clothes. Or buy Disney gift cards to spend on the trip, at the expo or in the parks.

I think about how winded and miserable I'll be on the course without conditioning. It's demoralizing to be left in the dust by your entire corral. For such a hefty price tag, I may as well enjoy it.

I like the idea of setting up a reward system - sometimes that can help us through a lot of tough things in life.

Personally, when I'm tired or don't feel like training, I think about a couple of things:

1. I think about how good I feel after I've done a run
2. I think about how running/exercise in general helps my mood/thought patterns
3. I visualize actually being at the race - imagining what might be on the sidelines or what the crowd will be like with all of those nerds and runners together in the same space.
4. I daydream while I run - create some scenario where I have to run. (For me, I've gone the whole "hey, look - you're training to be a Jedi" route. Or I'm on some action/adventure daydream. Some people even use this Zombies Run game app for their phone. I've never tried it, but I've heard good things.)
5. I think about how much I do not want to be swept.

It can be tough to keep motivated, and the same method to motivate you might not work all the time. Always good to have a few tools in your toolbox. :)

I like the idea of setting up a reward system - sometimes that can help us through a lot of tough things in life.

Personally, when I'm tired or don't feel like training, I think about a couple of things:

1. I think about how good I feel after I've done a run
2. I think about how running/exercise in general helps my mood/thought patterns
3. I visualize actually being at the race - imagining what might be on the sidelines or what the crowd will be like with all of those nerds and runners together in the same space.
4. I daydream while I run - create some scenario where I have to run. (For me, I've gone the whole "hey, look - you're training to be a Jedi" route. Or I'm on some action/adventure daydream. Some people even use this Zombies Run game app for their phone. I've never tried it, but I've heard good things.)
5. I think about how much I do not want to be swept.

It can be tough to keep motivated, and the same method to motivate you might not work all the time. Always good to have a few tools in your toolbox. :)
Fun ideas!! I think I may need to try some of these!! :)

I love running, but I HATE training this time of year. I live in Wisconsin and while I start out with the plan of running outside no matter what, my tolerance for the cold and snow gradually dwindle until I dread going out more than getting on the dreadmill...and I hate running more than 30 min on the dreadmill. Last weekend I did 3 miles on Saturday and 9.5 miles on Sunday all on the dreadmill. I am slow...my long run training pace is 15 min/mile, so that is a LONG time on that dreaded machine.

Have you ever heard of the app "Zombies Run!"? It is AWESOME! I look forward to my run (even on the dreadmill) because I get to listen to a new episode. :) I am getting close to the end of Season 4, though and Season 5 doesn't release until April, so I have started watching Netflix on the tablet every other run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter