Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Nearly everyone in my small workplace is coming down with something. A girl I work very closely with missed the last two days. Add me to the paranoid list!!

As for me, I need to finish my costume and start my packing. I'm eager to leave, but wow, packing...

Watching the U.S. Olympic marathon trials...hoping for some inspiration!
My friend from high school is running in those today!

They keep talking about how hot it is and how difficult that will make it- but those temps looks suspiciously like the weather in Florida.

At the moment, the windchill is -18 and heading for -40, so no running for me this weekend.
Listening to them describe the heat in LA is making me feel warmer.

Last edited:
They just ran an interview with Galen Rupp- the silver medalist in the 10K 4 years ago. This is his first marathon he's running at the trials and they said "He's discussed the possibility of doing a rare, grueling, 10K, marathon combination at Rio should he make the team." "Well, there's 9 days in between them." I thought of all the people who do Dopey!

Went to pack this morning and discovered the suitcase still had my husband's dirty clothes from a trip two weeks ago. I did at least get all the race day gear together and into one ziploc bag. That will make getting dressed easier when I'm incoherent at 3:00. I even put the blister pads and body glide in there. I still need to make sure I put tissues and lip balm in the pocket of my running skirt ahead of time. I'm going to pack a bag of stuff that I want DH to bring me at the finish line. I think I might also pack a small container of epsom salts. And my swimsuit!

Does anyone have a downloaded .pdf of the Event Guide that they can email to me? I'm trying to view it, but I have an out of date Adobe reader and trying to update it is a huge pain. I'm trying to finalize our wake times and bus times on race day for the 5K/10K/Half.

Stopped by old navy and picked up my just in case $1 gloves. Hopefully it won't be that cold...but wanted to have them. Clothes, shoes, stingers and shot bloc all packed. Need to get the compression socks out and then only toiletries left... At least for the Disney part of the trip. Flight out from mco at 6am to Houston and still need to pack for that.

This is my first runDisney event and my first 5K EVER!!! I'm ready!! My question is about the finish line bleachers. I paid for my hubby and mom to be in the Chear Squad with a big point of it being that they would have a place to sit to wait for me in the bleachers. In looking at the event guide, I get the impression that the bleachers won't even be set up for the 5K - does anyone know if that's ever been the case? Are the bleachers usually there for this first event of the weekend? My mom is in a wheelchair and I really wanted my husband to have a place to sit with her to see me finish. By the way, I've emailed rD three times asking about this...zero response. Such a disappointment. Thanks and see you Friday morning!!!

I've been seriously slacking on my training, so I did 10 miles today. And for some reason I decided the 1.25 miles to the gym would be a good practice for the corral walk - except it's 10 degrees here (-2 with the windchill). So so cold!

Now for my question that I'm hoping someone can help with. I developed a blood blister under my second toenail. I've had toenail bruises there before, but nothing ever this bad. Most of the info I've find online seems to be for those with a second toe that is longer than the big toe (which I don't have), so I'm unsure how to prevent this in the future (I popped this one and it's starting to slowly feel a little better - sorry, gross, I know). My shoes don't seem to be rubbing, and I have a good amount of room in the toe box, so I'm not sure what's causing it. Anyone have any advice?

This is my first runDisney event and my first 5K EVER!!! I'm ready!! My question is about the finish line bleachers. I paid for my hubby and mom to be in the Chear Squad with a big point of it being that they would have a place to sit to wait for me in the bleachers. In looking at the event guide, I get the impression that the bleachers won't even be set up for the 5K - does anyone know if that's ever been the case? Are the bleachers usually there for this first event of the weekend? My mom is in a wheelchair and I really wanted my husband to have a place to sit with her to see me finish. By the way, I've emailed rD three times asking about this...zero response. Such a disappointment. Thanks and see you Friday morning!!!

I can tell you the bleachers were set up for the 5k the last two years. Now they do change things from time to time, but I think they'll be there.

Last edited:
Add me to the list of people who just want this week to be over with so we can be at Disney World already. I'm in my taper week, but with the weather and super-frigid temps, I haven't run since Tuesday, and will most likely not get another run in until this Tuesday. Plus, I'm super PMS-y, so my patience is nil. And, last but not least, as my fiancé was loading the truck with sound equipment at his gig last night, he slipped and a cart holding drum gear ran over his ankle, so he's feeling really banged up. He's got it wrapped right now, and I'm hoping he heals up in time for our trip. Not only would this put a damper on our races, but also just touring the parks, as well. I was so concerned about not injuring myself that I forgot to keep a watchful eye on my fiancé, lol!!

Poor guy! Hope he heals quickly.

My DH and DD have a band. I'm the roadie/sound tech/bus driver. They had two gigs this weekend and I was so worried about getting injured moving equipment around. Some of that stuff is heavy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter