Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

Today was my last "stressful to-do" that has been weighing on me before our trip next week. Now, that I've finished it, I am SO ready to go!!! Weather looks great, bags are packed, and my head and heart are already there anyway! What are y'all running this weekend? I think I will do 6 tomorrow . . .

If I want to have something mailed to my hotel, do I just give them the main hotel address, with my name? ICO, etc?

Did you notice that they upped the price by $30 too!

Dude - OK. I thought maybe I misremembered (which is usually the case) but it seemed way more expensive than I originally had planned for (I've been stalking reservations for weeks and weeks).

At $99, I was going to give up one of my brunches (Narcoossee's or Cali Grill, probably Narcoosee's) ... but at $129 plus tax? Nope. That's too pricey for my blood, even for something super unique. And no AP or TIW discount either.

Ugh I feel like I am getting sick! :(:(:(

I have been six since Monday. Haven't run all week. Hopefully I'm over th hump and will get a run in this weekend and Tuesday, but I am seriously freaking out about respiratory issues due to being sick.

If I want to have something mailed to my hotel, do I just give them the main hotel address, with my name? ICO, etc?

I always mail thing to:

First & Last Name
Hold for Guest: Reservation #xxxxx
Address

I saw these a few days ago but didn't think they'd arrive in time: and with curly hair I don't own aha order so I had to pass or postpone sadly. They're so cute though!

Well, I booked for the early spot at Club Villain. I had really, really wanted to try it, but 7:45 after getting up at insane o'clock for the 10k and then crazy o'clock for the half the next day wasn't cutting it. At least this way I can have a couple of hours to dry out before trying to sleep lol.

Last edited:
Whew.

Today I finished up booking my full Orlando stay. There was some question as to what I wanted to do after Bay Lake, and today I decided it. :)

Seriously. I was (being someone who jumps 10 steps ahead to worry about things unnecessarily) starting to try and come up with a back up plan!

Glad you decided!

My wife works at a school, and she said she's been surrounding herself with a cloud of Lysol lately. Not to mention covering her body with a full inch of Purell. Meanwhile, at home, we have 2 cats whose primary goal in life is to trip us as we walk down the stairs.

We've definitely entered the paranoia stretch of training!

No kidding! I am downing Emergen-C and Zicam and bathing in hand santizer...and being terrified I'm going to trip over something!

Dude - OK. I thought maybe I misremembered (which is usually the case) but it seemed way more expensive than I originally had planned for (I've been stalking reservations for weeks and weeks).

At $99, I was going to give up one of my brunches (Narcoossee's or Cali Grill, probably Narcoosee's) ... but at $129 plus tax? Nope. That's too pricey for my blood, even for something super unique. And no AP or TIW discount either.

The $129 does include tax and gratuity, but it still doesn't include anything more for an extra $30!

I can't believe at this time next week I'll be on a plane to Disney! This will be RunDisney race #4 but 1st PHM!!! 1st Disney without kids!! Other first include staying at a DTS in Disney Springs... Anyone have tips on transportation for race morning? Also, another first is doing Pasta in the park... Am I understanding that I can get to EPCOT at 6pm with my reservation and then head to dinner at 7pm? What does one wear to the PHM Pasta? And then the party on Sunday?... Any tips/suggestions? I am just so excited!!!

Add me to the list of people who just want this week to be over with so we can be at Disney World already. I'm in my taper week, but with the weather and super-frigid temps, I haven't run since Tuesday, and will most likely not get another run in until this Tuesday. Plus, I'm super PMS-y, so my patience is nil. And, last but not least, as my fiancé was loading the truck with sound equipment at his gig last night, he slipped and a cart holding drum gear ran over his ankle, so he's feeling really banged up. He's got it wrapped right now, and I'm hoping he heals up in time for our trip. Not only would this put a damper on our races, but also just touring the parks, as well. I was so concerned about not injuring myself that I forgot to keep a watchful eye on my fiancé, lol!!

Watching the U.S. Olympic marathon trials...hoping for some inspiration!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter