Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I'm still figuring out what to do. I'm not even sure if I'm going to do the parks this trip. I may do a resort/DTD only trip, or I may go to *gasp* WW of Harry Potter at Universal for a day. Still thinking...

This is what my friend and I are doing. I am doing a MK day solo before she gets to Orlando, and then my family is joining me after PHM for a week of the world, but for the actual PHM weekend we are doing one HP day, and no Disney parks. My friend is not as big of a Disney freak as I am, so she will get her feel of Disney Magic from the race. I am super excited to check out Harry Potter though!

WWoHP is amazing. We went last August and it's really mind blowing. My friend actually teared up a little when we first walked into Diagon Alley. My niece, who will be seven in November, has just started reading book three with my sister. I can't wait to take her there when we take our next big family trip in 2017!

WWoHP is amazing. We went last August and it's really mind blowing. My friend actually teared up a little when we first walked into Diagon Alley. My niece, who will be seven in November, has just started reading book three with my sister. I can't wait to take her there when we take our next big family trip in 2017!
My jaw dropped when I walked into Diagon Alley for the first time. It is truly amazing. :lovestruc

Yes. It's possible the dates won't be the same (example - originally Tink weekend was in January and then was moved to May - to make room for Star Wars weekend in Disneyland) but there's no way this won't be popular for rD.

Now let's get back to talking about Princess weekend!!! princess: :teeth:
How soon do they announce races? I don't want to think april 2017 if its going to be later or earlier.

How soon do they announce races? I don't want to think april 2017 if its going to be later or earlier.
I don't know. :confused3 They don't seem to have a set schedule, but I'd assume you'll know by this time next year whether they'll have it in April 2017.

True proof that someone high up in runDisney reads these boards ... they didn't want to lose you as a runner (aka lose your money) so they announced the WDW Star Wars race to make sure you kept coming back!

I guess so. Now I am thinking I'll have to do both the Rebel and the Dark Side in 2017 so I can get that special Coast to Coast. They know how many suckers there are like me ;)

My guess is that we'll know by April 2016 - they'll probably have it on the back of the event guide for the race.
Tinkerbell 2014 was the last Tink race in January, and the event guide for that one has Tink 2015 as being in May.
But that's just a guess.

My jaw dropped when I walked into Diagon Alley for the first time. It is truly amazing. :lovestruc

That's what I'm thinking. I love Harry Potter and it looks so beautiful and immersive. Honestly, I was excited just to shop in the Universal gift shop at the airport!

That's what I'm thinking. I love Harry Potter and it looks so beautiful and immersive. Honestly, I was excited just to shop in the Universal gift shop at the airport!
You should definitely see both areas at least once. The main rides don't really do it for me personally (Forbidden Journey in Hogsmeade about killed me and Gringott's in Diagon Alley was good, but not mind-blowing), but the areas themselves are amazing. Also...BUTTERBEER :lovestruc

You should definitely see both areas at least once. The main rides don't really do it for me personally (Forbidden Journey in Hogsmeade about killed me and Gringott's in Diagon Alley was good, but not mind-blowing), but the areas themselves are amazing. Also...BUTTERBEER :lovestruc

That's what I'm thinking! I'm not a ride person, really (scary ones anyway), but I love being transported to a different place and time. It's why I love Disney so much.

My guess is that we'll know by April 2016 - they'll probably have it on the back of the event guide for the race.
Tinkerbell 2014 was the last Tink race in January, and the event guide for that one has Tink 2015 as being in May.
But that's just a guess.
Thanks!

Does anyone think the Dark Side course at WDW will be the same as it is for the Princess? I'd love to do a different race but would like to try a new course! Take me through AK and HS? Around world showcase? I want variety!

Does anyone think the Dark Side course at WDW will be the same as it is for the Princess? I'd love to do a different race but would like to try a new course! Take me through AK and HS? Around world showcase? I want variety!

It reads like an inverted Wine and Dine course .... but I don't think that's real practical because no one would be spread out at the early boardwalk passing ....

It reads like an inverted Wine and Dine course .... but I don't think that's real practical because no one would be spread out at the early boardwalk passing ....

I've only done the "regular" half and princess... wine and dine is on my list. From reading through the site, looks like it starts at Epcot and ends at WWoS. This race weekend timing is awesome, especially with the flower and garden festival taking place at the same time. It'll be hot but I love EP in April!!

Does anyone have any idea the hours of packet pick up at ESPN? We have a 12:50 BOG luncheon after arriving at Orlando Airport @ 8:30 AM and getting checked in at resort. Wondering if we should head over to get packets and make our way to lunch or reverse that if there is enough time in the afternoon to retrieve packets.
:worried:

Finally got to make our ARD’s on Sunday. My friend and I will be down just a short stay, Fri-Mon, running only the 10k. Since it’s our first rD event we want to take it easy beforehand plus we want to make sure we have enough time to poke around the Expo and whatnot so we’re not planning anything for the first two days but the Expo, the race, and a bit of EP touring the afternoon after the race. Since it’s just us, we are taking advantage of no young kiddos along and doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour! So we booked the tour for Sunday @ 9:30, dinner at Ohana that evening, and breakfast at Kona Café Monday morning. Also finally got our flights booked. Now I’m kind of bummed, nothing left to do until FP+ date!

Does anyone have any idea the hours of packet pick up at ESPN? We have a 12:50 BOG luncheon after arriving at Orlando Airport @ 8:30 AM and getting checked in at resort. Wondering if we should head over to get packets and make our way to lunch or reverse that if there is enough time in the afternoon to retrieve packets.
:worried:
These were the hours this year:

Thursday, February 19, 2015: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday, February 20, 2015: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 21, 2015: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

These were the hours this year:

Thursday, February 19, 2015: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday, February 20, 2015: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 21, 2015: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.

Also, it's at Wide World of Sports.

I can't remember if it was on here or Facebook that I saw this, but there was some info on a personal shopper for the expo? Does anyone have a link or something for that type of thing? I arrive on Wednesday night, so I could go to Expo as soon as it opens, but I'm really tempted to use my BOG early breakfast and do MK that day. If I knew I was getting my car magnet (which I've heard sell out fast?), I wouldn't be as stressed about missing the first day of Expo, and would probably wait until Saturday to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter