• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

My friend and I got every ADR we wanted! So exciting!
2/18 BOG 615 pm
2/19 Running the 5K then Cape May 9 am, Raglan Road 6:30 PM
2/20 Crystal Palace 8:05 am, Keys to the Kingdom 9:30 AM
2/21 Half Marathon then??? Whispering Canyon maybe?
2/23 Via Napoli

Still need Hoop De Doo, but haven't figured out where we wanna do that yet. Maybe the day of the Half Marathon.

What does everyone think about ChEar Squad? I'm thinking about getting it, but torn. My plan is to be at MK and wait for my runner to pass and then head back to Epcot to see the finish. Just not sure if I am getting my money's worth. Anyone have pros or cons?

What does everyone think about ChEar Squad? I'm thinking about getting it, but torn. My plan is to be at MK and wait for my runner to pass and then head back to Epcot to see the finish. Just not sure if I am getting my money's worth. Anyone have pros or cons?
I wrote a little bit about spectating the 2014 Princess Half here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...marathon-thread.3389091/page-93#post-54226225

Basically, you can go with your runner to the starting area (Epcot parking lot), then grab the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. You can go into the Magic Kingdom to spectate on Main Street (no ticket required for entry) and then once they pass, you can grab a monorail back to Epcot for the finish. If you want to watch IN Epcot you'd need a ticket, but if you want to camp out near the finish you won't need a ticket.

You don't need the ChEAR Squard package to do the above. :)

Slow treadmill runner here! :wave: I'm always amazed after a winter of treadmill running how much easier it is to run outside.
Same here. Back through last winter I was running 12/12.5 minute miles on treadmill getting ready for Everest Challenge. Night of race I put in 10 minute miles. My boss called it a runner's high as I really don't even remember most of the run. :headache:

I think I'm the only one not doing the dining plan and reservations. We are just winging it. LOL! Since it will just be hubby and I, we can just do what we want, when we want. We haven't done that in 8 years!

Yesterday's run sucked! I got to the gym late because of a school function and I only had a little bit of time before yoga class. My legs were hurting from yard work on Thursday and my plantar fasciitis was acting up on the left foot and my right foot had something going on too. I was a hot mess as I hobbled into Walmart for more Icy Hot and then hobbled to physical therapy for my back.
No you're not the only one without a dining plan. Since my DS and roommate are traveling up and not sure how long they can stay, significant other and I decided not to do a dining plan as most of the meals will probably not be used. Instead of wasting money we decided to make our reservations and just pay for whoever shows up.

I wrote a little bit about spectating the 2014 Princess Half here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/of...marathon-thread.3389091/page-93#post-54226225

Basically, you can go with your runner to the starting area (Epcot parking lot), then grab the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. You can go into the Magic Kingdom to spectate on Main Street (no ticket required for entry) and then once they pass, you can grab a monorail back to Epcot for the finish. If you want to watch IN Epcot you'd need a ticket, but if you want to camp out near the finish you won't need a ticket.

You don't need the ChEAR Squard package to do the above. :)

That is my plan. Trying to see if ChEar Squad helps in much ways. Didn't know that I could see them at the end in Epcot. We will have a ticket because after race finish my daughter and I will be going into Epcot that day. I guess the lure of having seats at Epcot waiting for us when we are done with MK is interesting. But would love to hear if really worth it.

I'm still figuring out what to do. I'm not even sure if I'm going to do the parks this trip. I may do a resort/DTD only trip, or I may go to *gasp* WW of Harry Potter at Universal for a day. Still thinking...

Well, consider joining in at Trader Sam's whenever it happens. :)

I ran about six miles last night. Felt pretty good and my pace was around 10:30-10:40. That's improvement! I'm feeling much more confident about this whole running thing!

Question for the running veterans out there. DH and I are going on a week long bike trip in September. We'll be riding for 6 days with a break day on day 4. Mileage varies from 45-74 miles a day. Should I still try and run that week? How much? Obviously I'll still be getting in some decent cardio but running is different from cycling.

I ran about six miles last night. Felt pretty good and my pace was around 10:30-10:40. That's improvement! I'm feeling much more confident about this whole running thing!

Question for the running veterans out there. DH and I are going on a week long bike trip in September. We'll be riding for 6 days with a break day on day 4. Mileage varies from 45-74 miles a day. Should I still try and run that week? How much? Obviously I'll still be getting in some decent cardio but running is different from cycling.
Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. 1 week isn't long enough to lose your running fitness, and like you said, you'll still be getting lots of cardio. :)

I'm still figuring out what to do. I'm not even sure if I'm going to do the parks this trip. I may do a resort/DTD only trip, or I may go to *gasp* WW of Harry Potter at Universal for a day. Still thinking...

This is what my friend and I are doing. I am doing a MK day solo before she gets to Orlando, and then my family is joining me after PHM for a week of the world, but for the actual PHM weekend we are doing one HP day, and no Disney parks. My friend is not as big of a Disney freak as I am, so she will get her feel of Disney Magic from the race. I am super excited to check out Harry Potter though!

Yeah one week without running- especially while you are still working out will be fine. The first couple of runs might feel weird, but it won't take long at all get your running legs back! That sounds like an awesome trip btw. My relationship goal is to do stuff like that with DH, but he is not having it haha

Didn't I just say a few posts ago that GSC 2016 was going to be it for me for a while for runDisney, unless a WDW Star Wars race was announced?

Darn you runDisney!

Yeah - I totally would have not signed up for GSC if I had known it was going to start this year.

Didn't I just say a few posts ago that GSC 2016 was going to be it for me for a while for runDisney, unless a WDW Star Wars race was announced?

Darn you runDisney!

True proof that someone high up in runDisney reads these boards ... they didn't want to lose you as a runner (aka lose your money) so they announced the WDW Star Wars race to make sure you kept coming back!

I say don't worry about it. You have a good pace going with plenty of time to train Oct-Jan...that's four months. The last few years I have pretty much stopped running Juneish through Sept and just walk. Just too hot and then come October I ramp up the running. And I cross train 2 or 3 times a week.

I can't believe they posted this! I would have totally waited to do the SW run! Now am I trying to figure out how the heck to do both! Think it will stick around into 2017? I can't imagine it not, but still.

I can't believe they posted this! I would have totally waited to do the SW run! Now am I trying to figure out how the heck to do both! Think it will stick around into 2017? I can't imagine it not, but still.
Yes. It's possible the dates won't be the same (example - originally Tink weekend was in January and then was moved to May - to make room for Star Wars weekend in Disneyland) but there's no way this won't be popular for rD.

Now let's get back to talking about Princess weekend!!! princess: :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter