Official 2016 HHN-26 Thread

Always have done the AHS pen. Different touring plan most times depending on looking at the lines but typically hit most of the front of the park and then hit the back of the park. Sunday seem to be worse than Friday (assuming more people are off on Sunday and do S&S and the pass is cheaper that includes Sunday, not Friday.)

I have tickets with EP for Sunday night - 10/30. The doors open at 630. I was thinking of arriving at Universal by 5pm (park and walk to entrance by 530). Is that enough time? too early to arrive? Does anyone have a good touring plan with Exorcist last? I am not going into that house, but my husband and brother will, I am putting it last because I would like to get to see all the other houses. We only have one night to see everything. So the houses are priority. I would like to see the Villains show too.

I went to HHN for the first time last night. Got to Finnegan's around 4:15 and was disappointed that the bar had no stools (this was my first time there as well, is this normal?). So I stood and drank until about 5:40 when they released the pen. First stop was TWD, waited about 20 min. Went through Survive or Die and Dead Man's Wharf. Next to TCM, waited about 5 min, then to Lunatic's Playground, 5 min there as well.

Next it was beer time. Then to Halloween:HCTH, which was about 20 min, followed by TOTA which was about 15 min. (We ran into a shift change of scare actors crossing that held us up a little here). Went through Lair of the Banshee (loved the guy on stilts) and Vamp 55. Next was Krampus, about a 20 min wait. By this time the crowds had grown much larger. AHS was 120 minutes and Exorcist was 90. I got another drink and went to Ghost Town. Wait posted was 65 minutes but it was more like 45. Went through Survive or Die again then A Chance in Hell. Chance was great. I only had 2 houses to go but looking at 2 hours in wait time I tapped out around 10.

I went to HHN for the first time last night. Got to Finnegan's around 4:15 and was disappointed that the bar had no stools (this was my first time there as well, is this normal?).
They take the stools away during HHN to get more people in there.
If you are in and already have seat they usually wont take it.

What time do you have to been in the holding pins, prior to the event starting? We are trying to hit AHS twice (once with the XP the other just standing in the regular line).

For those that have been, anyone have an idea of what houses have usually had the longest waits? Going tonight and wanting to hit all the houses, so want to head to the busier houses first.

I'm guess AHS, Walking Dead, Michael Myers

Halloween house surprisingly didn't have the waits of the 2014 house. Worst we saw it was 30 minutes one night.

We went 8 nights and as an average the busiest houses were always AHS and Exorcist. WD was probably the next busiest queue but it wasn't excessive nights we saw it.........

I saw the line listed as a 2 hour wait for AHS on a Sunday night I went

I stayed in the park and stood in the Betty boop holding area
At 5:50, we were allowed to start with the AHS house

I did the regular line at that time and only took 15 minutes total for line wait and house but I was about 50 th in that first early line

Used my ep the second time when I did the house around 10:30
That is when the line had the two hour wait

Well went tonight (Oct 30th). Wayyyy busier than I thought it would be.

Wasn't suppose to open until 6:30 but they opened tonight at 6. Went straight to AHS and waited about an hour (was posted 45 min wait when we got in line). About halfway through the line I checked the app and it had bumped up to 120. AHS stayed pretty much all night between 120-160min

Then went and did Halloween with a posted 40 min wait.

After that did Texas Chainsaw with a posted 75 min wait.

And ended it with the Exorcist at a 100min wait.

Left the park at 1am. Pretty disappointed crowds were so high as I was expecting lower. From 6pm-1am we were only able to get in those 4 hours. Couple bathroom breaks and bar visits, but ton of time waiting in long lines.

Decided we're coming back Halloween night to hit the rest of the houses and see the two shows. Fingers crossed the crowd will be a lot lighter

Go back tonight and maybe Hhn won't be as bad as last night for the crowds

It's a school and work day plus Halloween so maybe crowds will be lighter

Just hoping for you

And maybe others are going to wait for the two November dates to go instead of this day

Halloween night crowds were a lot more manageable than Sunday night but that's the usual trend. I'm going again tonight for one last hurrah until next year.

I know I am in the minority but after each year I have been going lately I find myself more and more wishing for the 2 park HHN again.

DD and DH went on October 30th for the first time and had a fantastic time. With stay and scream and Express Pass they hit every house once and three houses a second time, saw the Bill and Ted show, watched the dance troupe and rode Gringotts a few times. They said it was a fantastic night and was easily the highlight of the entire trip!
I was very glad I got them Express passes, as they seemed to make a difference. They followed the HHN touring plan from orlando informer and they felt it helped them see and experience everything in the best order. Dh says their longest wait for a house was approximately 15 to 20 minutes.

I know I am in the minority but after each year I have been going lately I find myself more and more wishing for the 2 park HHN again.
I too find myself missing the two park event...the last being 2005. There are too many hassles now with different "islands" not being able to open during the event that it's not worth the trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter