Official 2016 Dopey Challenge Thread

For the 5K, do many spouses ride the bus to the start/finish line or do they just stay in bed at the resort? I feel kind of guilty not getting up with him.

I do the Dopey and my wife stays in bed for everything except for the marathon...and I'm glad she does. Heck, I'm envious!

I do the Dopey and my wife stays in bed for everything except for the marathon...and I'm glad she does. Heck, I'm envious!

Mine stays in bed for all of them, though she does get up in time to make it to mile 24 at Boardwalk with a cooler for my beer stop. :drinking1

My DH and DS will be meeting me and DD at breakfast after the 5k and DH and DD will be meeting me and DS after 10k. Now for the half and full we don't know yet.

Mine stays in bed for all of them, though she does get up in time to make it to mile 24 at Boardwalk with a cooler for my beer stop. :drinking1
That's what my husband did as well (minus the beer though...I'm in no shape to drink a beer at mile 24). I 100% don't expect him to wait to see me at all of these races...it's his trip too and if a person isn't super into running (which he is not), it doesn't seem like the most exciting spectator experience. :confused3 I count on his support more in training than in the races. :)

My poor mother is wanting to come to the start of every race with me just to make sure I'm alright. I've gone to loads of other races on my own and it really doesn't bother me - I've told her to get the extra few hours sleep and meet me on course but she's having none of it! Bought her gold chear squad for christmas so at least she will have a seat at the finish. I suppose I should be happy she's giving me the support but I can't help but feel a little guilty.

Also 30 days til the marathon peeps!

I saw a few spectators last year (who were supporting runners at the start) bring in those collapsible camping chairs to sit on before runners entered the corrals. The ones you can get for like $15 at Walmart. That might be an option for your mom if you're worried about her having to stand too long.

She should be fine in the shorter races, was just a bit worried as for the marathon she's planning on seeing me at MK then heading straight to Epcot, so thought she might have a while to wait there! But thanks for the heads up, I'll let her know that Disney allow you to do this - we're completely new to this weekend/runDisney so not really sure whats allowed or not!

She should be fine in the shorter races, was just a bit worried as for the marathon she's planning on seeing me at MK then heading straight to Epcot, so thought she might have a while to wait there! But thanks for the heads up, I'll let her know that Disney allow you to do this - we're completely new to this weekend/runDisney so not really sure whats allowed or not!
I spectated the Princess Half in 2014 (the beginning of the course is pretty much exactly the same as the marathon course). Maybe you already know some of this, but just wanted to put in my 2 cents...if she's familiar with the WDW transportation system, it'll be easy for her to see you in MK and Epcot. If she's coming with you to the start, she can head to the monorail and take that to the Magic Kingdom to wait for you on Main Street. Then monorail back to Epcot.

When I went to the MK, we were there just before the race started and ended up waiting on Main Street for about 2 hours to see my BFF come through (obviously this would be different based on what your pace is). We brought snacks with us, but I also remember them having a small coffee stand set up in front of the Emporium, and I believe Casey's was open as well. I think they just had small things (coffee, fruit, granola bars, etc.) but it was a nice option to have available. And it was fun to talk with the other spectators. She could do the same thing for the half.

For the 5K and 10K, she'll be pretty bored. Those races are not as spectator-friendly.

I think I could dissuade her to come for the 10k as I'm running with my bf.

I think because its a new experience, whether you're running or not, she just wants to be involved and see what its like. She's watched a few of my other halves and she's doesn't mind just people watching (she's always telling me of costumes that people have worn), but I think the fact its disney she really wants to make the effort and come most days. Also I can't see us coming back out for Marathon Weekend any time soon - we're from the UK and both me and my bf are going back to uni soon so money will be a lot tighter - so she doesn't want to miss anything!

Saying that she's one of these morning people who only need like 5 hours sleep to function at 100%. She will probably fare better than 99% of people over the weekend!

I think I could dissuade her to come for the 10k as I'm running with my bf.

I think because its a new experience, whether you're running or not, she just wants to be involved and see what its like. She's watched a few of my other halves and she's doesn't mind just people watching (she's always telling me of costumes that people have worn), but I think the fact its disney she really wants to make the effort and come most days. Also I can't see us coming back out for Marathon Weekend any time soon - we're from the UK and both me and my bf are going back to uni soon so money will be a lot tighter - so she doesn't want to miss anything!

Saying that she's one of these morning people who only need like 5 hours sleep to function at 100%. She will probably fare better than 99% of people over the weekend!
If she likes people-watching that's good...she'll have a lot to look at! :)

So happy and tired!!!! Just finished my Dopey simulation: thursday 11 miles, friday 5 miles, saturday 5 miles and today sunday 21 miles (not in the right sequence but i had to work too).... almost time to start taper.

So happy and tired!!!! Just finished my Dopey simulation: thursday 11 miles, friday 5 miles, saturday 5 miles and today sunday 21 miles (not in the right sequence but i had to work too).... almost time to start taper.

Congrats! Hey if you're interested we've got a list of dis'ers participating in marathon weekend. If you're interested in meeting up with other dis'ers in your corral send me the following info and I'll add you. Invitation goes out to anyone else who hasn't already sent me the info. We've got like 50-60 people so far in corrals from A through P.

Race
Name
Bib#
Dis'er Name
Costume
Corral
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral
Expected Pace

Congratulations!!

I just finished mine, too :goodvibes

Thursday: 3 Miles
Friday: 4 Miles
Saturday: 10 Miles
Sunday: 23 miles

I'm so excited, I did the whole 23 miles listening to Reedy Creek Radio!

Race: Dopey (third year in a row!!)
Name: Cynthia
Bib#: 24391
Dis'er Name: WDWMarathonManiac
Costume: Still working on it :confused3
Corral: J
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: early!
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: Front
Expected Pace: Somewhere between 12:30 and 14:30 depending on the day and weather

Congratulations!!

I just finished mine, too :goodvibes

Thursday: 3 Miles
Friday: 4 Miles
Saturday: 10 Miles
Sunday: 23 miles

I'm so excited, I did the whole 23 miles listening to Reedy Creek Radio!

Race: Dopey (third year in a row!!)
Name: Cynthia
Bib#: 24391
Dis'er Name: WDWMarathonManiac
Costume: Still working on it :confused3
Corral: J
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: early!
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: Front
Expected Pace: Somewhere between 12:30 and 14:30 depending on the day and weather

Congrats! I added your info. I'll reattach a current list copy in a few days.

As a fellow Dopey Legacy, in case you didn't know (or were interested) there are unofficially 1,398 people who completed Dopey in year 1 and 2. :) It will be interesting to see how many are still there after year 3.

http://runknittravel.com/2015/02/03/dopey-legacy-numbers/

Congrats! Hey if you're interested we've got a list of dis'ers participating in marathon weekend. If you're interested in meeting up with other dis'ers in your corral send me the following info and I'll add you. Invitation goes out to anyone else who hasn't already sent me the info. We've got like 50-60 people so far in corrals from A through P.

Race
Name
Bib#
Dis'er Name
Costume
Corral
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral
Expected Pace

Race: Dopey (first time and also first marathon)
Name: Roberto
Bib#: 21960
Dis'er Name: mordyr
Costume: don't know (Only costumes ready are for Star Wars Half Weekend)
Corral: F
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral: early as always
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral: front
Expected Pace: from 10.30 to 11.30

DH says he hasn't gotten his Bib # (how do you get yours? Maybe he's not in the right place). When he has it, I'll post here.

DH says he hasn't gotten his Bib # (how do you get yours? Maybe he's not in the right place). When he has it, I'll post here.

Click the link below:

http://trackshackresults.com/disneysports/wdwwaiv16/verify.php

Type your DH's last name and birthdate into the form. Press "search".

His name should appear with city, state, event, and waiver. Click the word "Print" underneath the waiver column.

It will remind you that DH will need to be the person to pick up the packet at the expo, click "ok".

A new tab will appear that about 3/4 down it says "print waiver". Click that button and the waiver will appear. At the bottom right of the waiver will be DHs information which will include his bib#.

Then click on the following link:

http://noguiltlife.com/2016-walt-disney-world-marathon-corrals/

Here you can find the corral assignments. Compare your DHs bib# to the different corral assignments to find which corral he will be assigned to.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Race Dopey
Name - stacey
Bib# 223 something
Dis'er Name - look to the left cause I can't remember
Costume - just my run gear
Corral - G & a guess for the 10 & 5?
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral - early because I can never sleep until the full
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral - usually right at the front left.
Expected Pace - 11-11:30 for full depends on temp.

I will be by myself until Sunday when Dh shows up with the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter