Official 2016 - Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

Can someone handhold through the process of loading up passholder pages and active pages for registration in two weeks?

So I used the AP registration for last year's Disneyland 10K and Avengers 10K. So here is what I remember... For the Disneyland 10K it was a nightmare because the Disneyland AP site didn't post the link to the ACTIVE page until 7 minutes after the hour, and so many WDW AP's and DVC people were filling in all the slots. The next time for the Avengers 10K it was much less scary because the Disneyland AP page had a standing link to a runDisney Annual Pass page, and it was runDisney that would update that page. So everyone saw the new info at the same time.

If I were you I would check to make sure the AP page still has that link and save that address. Then on the morning of I would sign into your ACTIVE account and then go to the AP link and start hitting reload on the page a few minutes before registration time. Last year the 10K sold out the fastest, and I think that might be the same again.
Good luck!

Anyone else signing up for RNR Vegas on April 5th? Such a crazy day for registrations - passholder 10K and RNR Vegas 5K and Half!

Anyone else signing up for RNR Vegas on April 5th? Such a crazy day for registrations - passholder 10K and RNR Vegas 5K and Half!
I am not this year. I think the Avenger/Vegas race day is so awesome. I'll probably wait until the Avenger 5 year anniversary to justify both events. It just feels like EVERYTHING in life needs my money right now. I hope everyone who does it posts race reports so I can live vicariously!!!

I've decided to do one or the other this year - the stress of the delayed flight out of SNA to get to Vegas and having to run to the start line to get there on time was a little too much for me to cope with! :scared:

@bellrae - did you do the half and then try to fly to Vegas or the 10k and fly after?

I flew after the half on the Sunday morning. Had all gone to plan it would have been fine, but the flight was delayed in SNA for a while and so by the time I got to Vegas I was already an hour behind schedule. And as the roads had been closed by the time I landed it made getting to the hotel to drop bags an absolute nightmare (none of which would have happened had the flight been on time). Got there in the end, but it was a pretty fully on day and constantly on the move.

I can't believe that it is already April! Good luck to those doing AP/DVC registration in a few days! And then regular registration will be here in no time. I'm already discussing with the family what costumes we want to wear. Ha ha

I can't believe that it is already April! Good luck to those doing AP/DVC registration in a few days! And then regular registration will be here in no time. I'm already discussing with the family what costumes we want to wear. Ha ha

I am thinking I will recycle my Captain America and Scarlet Witch costumes from last year - but I just wore the race shirt for the half, so need to find a third costume. Really leaning towards something Dr Strange themed.

I am so nervous about registration tomorrow. :sad2: I really want to get in so I don't have to worry about it next week. I'm using two computers so my husband and I are already signed into Active and hope we can get lucky.

I flew after the half on the Sunday morning. Had all gone to plan it would have been fine, but the flight was delayed in SNA for a while and so by the time I got to Vegas I was already an hour behind schedule. And as the roads had been closed by the time I landed it made getting to the hotel to drop bags an absolute nightmare (none of which would have happened had the flight been on time). Got there in the end, but it was a pretty fully on day and constantly on the move.

Yikes. Perhaps it's better that I'm doing a mini challenge and not the half/half on the same day! Crossing fingers that we'll be okay with no delays! I heard roads were even more of a nightmare.

I feel like I should know this, but... If you have an AP voucher in MDE, does that qualify you to register tomorrow?

Yikes. Perhaps it's better that I'm doing a mini challenge and not the half/half on the same day! Crossing fingers that we'll be okay with no delays! I heard roads were even more of a nightmare.

The roads were a shocker, but if you are getting there late Saturday or early Sunday you'll be fine.

I would highly recommend booking accommodation on the same side of the strip as the finish line (if it is the same as last year, that is the Bellagio side). Reason being that they put 6-7 foot fences up on each side of the road to stop anyone accessing the course, but it means you have to rely on overpasses to get from the finish line back to the other side of the strip. I had a realllllly long walk around to get back over the other side of the road. The monorail is also super crowded afterwards, so you either have a long wait or a long walk home (I had the latter, in the rain and high winds - which wasn't too bad for a cool down for the legs, but wasn't pleasant all the same). If I was doing it again I would stay somewhere a block either side of the Bellagio on that side of the road (as that was where the very long chute at the finish line had you pop out and you could finally escape the fenced off area).

By the way, saw the pictures on the internet yesterday of the costumes for the new Dr Strange movie. Looks quite easy to adapt into a costume idea.

I am assembling for the 10K this year, and DH is assembling for the Infinity Gauntlet challenge.

This is my first race ever...not just runDisney race, but first race ever. DH has done 3 runDisney events, including last year's Avengers 1/2. I know how quickly registrations go on registration day. What do I need to do beforehand to be ready to go as much as possible for the registration on Tuesday? Can I make an account beforehand so I can go right into registering? If so, where do I go to do that?

Any information that veterans could share with this newbie would be greatly appreciated!

I am assembling for the 10K this year, and DH is assembling for the Infinity Gauntlet challenge.

This is my first race ever...not just runDisney race, but first race ever. DH has done 3 runDisney events, including last year's Avengers 1/2. I know how quickly registrations go on registration day. What do I need to do beforehand to be ready to go as much as possible for the registration on Tuesday? Can I make an account beforehand so I can go right into registering? If so, where do I go to do that?

Any information that veterans could share with this newbie would be greatly appreciated!
Yes, head to Active.com and make sure that there are accounts for both you and your husband. You'll both need to register separately under your own accounts.

Beyond that, make sure you've got the time blocked out so you're ready to go right at noon (ideally a few minutes before noon) the day of registration. :)

Yes, head to Active.com and make sure that there are accounts for both you and your husband. You'll both need to register separately under your own accounts.

Beyond that, make sure you've got the time blocked out so you're ready to go right at noon (ideally a few minutes before noon) the day of registration. :)
Thanks for the quick response! I know DH has an account, he just couldn't remember the site offhand so I figured someone here would know. Now to get mine ready to go!

In a small bit of good luck, the standing commitment I had for Tuesdays that could have interfered with registration was entirely cancelled last week, so now I'll be home and free leading up to noon :)

I plan on looking at some of runDisney's training plans to prepare over the next few months. I want to make sure I have time to stop for the characters. I'm hoping I'm not getting in over my head!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter