Official 2016 - Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

Wasn't really planning on doing another DL race, but hubby wants to get his C2C (just did the full). Not sure yet if just the half or the challenge. $350 seems a bit too rich for my blood, but I do like that the 10K course has more in park time (at least looking at the previous race course). I might just bite the bullet seeing that this will most likely be my last DL race.

I am totally new to DL races...actually have never been to DL. I ran 3 Wine and Dine halves, the Princess Glass slipper and lots of DW 5ks.

We are going to DL for my birthday this year and just by luck, Avengers is the weekend we are going. We have annual passes for DW so I always sign up early. How quickly does the DL races fill? Should I just concentrate on getting into the half or try for the 10k/half?

It kills me not to get a C2C as this will most likely be my only DL race and we visit DW 3-5 times a year. But I missed out on the Jan-April race sign ups and I can't do W&D the week prior to Avengers.

This one doesn't fill as quickly as the Disneyland Half Weekend - probably due to the time of year. Do what works best for you - Infinity Gauntlet challenge shouldn't be a problem.

I am totally new to DL races...actually have never been to DL. I ran 3 Wine and Dine halves, the Princess Glass slipper and lots of DW 5ks.

We are going to DL for my birthday this year and just by luck, Avengers is the weekend we are going. We have annual passes for DW so I always sign up early. How quickly does the DL races fill? Should I just concentrate on getting into the half or try for the 10k/half?

It kills me not to get a C2C as this will most likely be my only DL race and we visit DW 3-5 times a year. But I missed out on the Jan-April race sign ups and I can't do W&D the week prior to Avengers.

I actually only signed up for the IG Challenge last year because it was still available about 12 hours after going on sale - got too tempting :rolleyes1

I think Acclaim still has SW Dark side bibs available. I just bought a 5k & 10k for my DD last week.

Thanks for the site, I checked and they are sold out for the Star Wars half. Plus, we have a trip to WDW from March 23-30 and it would be difficult to turn around and fly down 2 weeks later.

I have been doing research and I can not find the answer to this question-

If you are a passholder, the site says you may register for run Disney races early. Does anyone know if a WDW passholder can register early for DL races or FL passholder can register early for WDW races?

Thanks for the site, I checked and they are sold out for the Star Wars half. Plus, we have a trip to WDW from March 23-30 and it would be difficult to turn around and fly down 2 weeks later.

I have been doing research and I can not find the answer to this question-

If you are a passholder, the site says you may register for run Disney races early. Does anyone know if a WDW passholder can register early for DL races or FL passholder can register early for WDW races?
Yes! :)

I've never done a Disney race before, but I've decided to sign up for this one! Its the first motivation I've had to get out for runs in about 3 years and it's feeling pretty good so far.

I haven't decided on which distances yet since I only just got back into running....I can definitely do a 5k and 10k but the half seems a bit daunting. Then there's the cost, especially coming from Canada with the TERRIBLE exchange rate right now. Though I'll probably still sign up for the 5k and the challenge. Go big or go home right? :D

I'm in Florida for the Princess half marathon and noticed a name change for the avengers weekend. Do you think it's a typo, they're just going to a generic super hero theme, or if it's because Disney doesn't have rights to use the Avengers in Florida so they couldn't put it on a Florida event guide?

or if it's because Disney doesn't have rights to use the Avengers in Florida so they couldn't put it on a Florida event guide?

Great catch. Everything else coming from runDisney (website, calendars, tweets, etc.) has been saying "Avengers Half Marathon Weekend". My guess is (like you said) this is due to an abundance of caution related to Copyright issues with Avengers/Marvel. For those of you who don't know Disney bought Marvel after Universal had already bought the rights to use Marvel characters in their parks. So you can't find Thor, Captain America, or Spider-Man at Walt Disney World. But Disney does have the rights to use them in California.

So you couldn't have the Avengers race in Florida, but you can in California.
Also funny... runDisney can't use the name Iron Man in any of their races, so that is why Iron Man is never on any of the Merchandise or branding for the Avengers races. The announcers can say "Tony Stark" or "Stark Industries" but they never say "Iron Man".

Also funny... runDisney can't use the name Iron Man in any of their races, so that is why Iron Man is never on any of the Merchandise or branding for the Avengers races. The announcers can say "Tony Stark" or "Stark Industries" but they never say "Iron Man".

Funny story - the female announcer at this year's 5K accidentally said "Iron Man" and was like "Welp, there comes a law suit" in response. They usually try to say "Man of Iron".

DH and I will be assembling for the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge. Hubbs is trying to find out if Avengers Qualifies for the Castle to Chateau Medal, since it's AFTER Paris.

DD and I will be doing the Infinity Gauntlet Challenge for our Coast to Coast (just did Princess). That $350 price tag hurts though! Especially since Marathon Weekend registration is also in April and we plan to run Goofy! #GoodbyeMoney

Count me in! Avengers is a race I want to keep legacy status on- the time of year to visit DL with all the Christmas stuff and the time of year for training, plus the theme- I love this race. Doing the Dark Side Challenge in April so the IGC will make it C2C!

People are super focus on the W&D registration date changes but the dates for Avengers changed too. Naturally I'll be in the air on my way to DW haha.

But AP registration is now April 5th and general registration is April 12th

People are super focus on the W&D registration date changes but the dates for Avengers changed too. Naturally I'll be in the air on my way to DW haha.

Yup, I'll be in Florida, I believe at Universal that day. Great. Wanted to do the Avengers challenge for my Coast to Coast. Oh well, I'm sure I can at least get DH and I the Half or go thru a travel provider. Blech!

Yup, I'll be in Florida, I believe at Universal that day. Great. Wanted to do the Avengers challenge for my Coast to Coast. Oh well, I'm sure I can at least get DH and I the Half or go thru a travel provider. Blech!

If last year is anything to go by, Avengers will not sell out that quickly. I registered a full 24 hours after it went on general sale for the challenge.

We'll Avenge the Strip no problem. :D

@durantigger -- can you do it on your phone or bring an iPad that you can hotspot to? We did that for dining reservations when we were in Disneyland Paris. May take 40 mins of your time but it's worth saving $$ than to go through a travel provider :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter