• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

So stressed but I'm in for the 1/2......determined to keep my Perfect Pixie Status. :tinker:

I was able to sign up for the 5K and sign the family up too. :mickeyjum

Hope everyone was able to get what they wanted.
I was just going to send you a PM to see if you got in! :goodvibes

I was just going to send you a PM to see if you got in! :goodvibes

Yes..thank goodness. I even call Active to confirm that everything oks....not that I'm paranoid or anything.:sad2:

Glad you were able to get in !!!

I really hope they do "SOMETHING" special for us next year, we have earned it.

Not that I am going to wait for any Disney race, but at 1:05, the only race on hold is the PDC. All other races seem to be open for registration. I wanted to share this for anyone trying to learn about Tink in future years. I think I saw PDC on hold around 12:20. Quite different from Princess with the GSC being on hold at 12:02 this year.

Got my daughter in for her first 10k, running alongside me.

It's funny that I've never had a bad registration experience but reading the horror stories about others who can't get in makes me nervous. I came in late to the office in order to make sure I was in front of two computers at home to register us both. Smooth sailing. And now that I'm in the office, an hour after registration opened, it looks like the only race that's "On Hold" is the Pixie Dust Challenge. Better safe than sorry because it meant so much to my little girl but I have to laugh at myself for the arrangements I made to make sure it happened!

Not that I am going to wait for any Disney race, but at 1:05, the only race on hold is the PDC. All other races seem to be open for registration. I wanted to share this for anyone trying to learn about Tink in future years. I think I saw PDC on hold around 12:20. Quite different from Princess with the GSC being on hold at 12:02 this year.

Thanks for mentioning this! With the insanity that has happened with some recent registrations, this makes me feel a little better. I hope regular registration is similar and things don't go crazy fast.

Quick question: There was no question about Coast to Coast on the page that I could see. I registered my partner for Dopey earlier and now PDC. How do I ensure he is signed up for Coast to Coast, or is it automatic?

Quick question: There was no question about Coast to Coast on the page that I could see. I registered my partner for Dopey earlier and now PDC. How do I ensure he is signed up for Coast to Coast, or is it automatic?

It is automatic now. When he finishes the race, he just goes to the Coast to Coast chute and they'll look him up in the computer.

Go by yourself !!!! DL is easy do vs WDW. You can get a hotel around the resort and have a easy walk to the start. Tink is such a great "girls" race and last year we had a meet up and we plan to have another meet up again. By the time the race comes around if you are active on the message board...you will feel like you know and have other Tink friends that are running. Definitely, don't pass up a chance to do it.
Yeah, I used to live in San Diego and still go to DL quite often. I love how easy it is to get around. the biggest problem is convincing the husband to let me go alone. For his own peace of mind he likes me to have an exit buddy. And I'm going to push my luck to go to the Wine and Dine half alone- not sure I could sway him to let me do both. Which means I'd have to pick which race I want to do solo ... And of course with Tink being over Mothers Day, then I have stupid Mom Guilt about leaving the kiddos to go enjoy time without them. Which would be easier to deal with if I had other friends doing the same thing. Blerg. I was still undecided yesterday and missed the things for AP I would have signed up for, so I guess I have until Aug. to make up my mind ...

So ... my "sadly Tink won't fit into my schedule in 2016 :(" has suddenly turned into a "well, nothing else will fit into my schedule either, so maybe I can register, try to make it work, and if I can't, defer."

Can anyone here give me a run down of the deferral process? Is it just a matter of calling runDisney and asking to defer? Do you need to provide a reason? How much is the cost? What's the process of registering for the next year like?
And my very weird question ... is it possible to defer twice (meaning, if I register for 2016 and can't do it in 2017, can I defer to 2018)?

I still haven't decided if I will register or not, but if I do, needing to defer is definitely a possibility, so any information anyone could give me about deferring would be great.

TIA!

So ... my "sadly Tink won't fit into my schedule in 2016 :(" has suddenly turned into a "well, nothing else will fit into my schedule either, so maybe I can register, try to make it work, and if I can't, defer."

Can anyone here give me a run down of the deferral process? Is it just a matter of calling runDisney and asking to defer? Do you need to provide a reason? How much is the cost? What's the process of registering for the next year like?
And my very weird question ... is it possible to defer twice (meaning, if I register for 2016 and can't do it in 2017, can I defer to 2018)?

I still haven't decided if I will register or not, but if I do, needing to defer is definitely a possibility, so any information anyone could give me about deferring would be great.

TIA!
I deferred for the Dumbo Double Dare and the process is really easy. You don't need a reason to defer at all. There will be a link on the runDisney page for the event for deferrals. Basically, you go to the link and register for the next year of the event (meaning you pay in full). Depending on how far in advance, there is also a fee for deferring. More than a couple of months out, it's $45. Close to the event, it's $75. After you pay for the future race and the deferral fee, they refund you the current year's race fees.
The caveats to all of this is that they only allow a certain number of deferrals (which once it gets to be more than 50% full they start posting the percentages by the deferral link) and of course, things are always subject to change, so what I'm telling you right now may change by the time they start accepting Tink deferrals. As far as I know, they deferral is to the next year. I don't know if you can defer a deferral, but if you can, I would assume the same fees and everything would still apply again the second time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter