Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

I found this awesome map in my research (though it doesn't show Downtown Disney)...so in looking at this I'd have to cross South Harbor and walk through the esplanade and Downtown Disney to get to the corrals?
Yes. I'm not exactly sure where the Start is but that is the direction you would travel to get to that area.

If you follow the walkway located immediately after Sephora, you can cut through the Grand Californian.

Tink veterans - I'm looking at possibly staying at the Fairfield Inn on South Harbor. Is that going to be a crazy-long walk to the 10K/half corrals?

I found this awesome map in my research (though it doesn't show Downtown Disney)...so in looking at this I'd have to cross South Harbor and walk through the esplanade and Downtown Disney to get to the corrals?
AnaheimMap.gif
My family stayed at the Fairfield Inn this past December when at Disneyland. We found the walk from there to the esplanade and Downtown Disney to be very easy, and didn't mind it at all. I personally would not think twice about booking it and doing the walk to the corrals (they're on the side of Downtown Disney by the Disneyland Hotel, correct?). Some might feel differently, but that's my opinion.

Yes. I'm not exactly sure where the Start is but that is the direction you would travel to get to that area.

If you follow the walkway located immediately after Sephora, you can cut through the Grand Californian.

My family stayed at the Fairfield Inn this past December when at Disneyland. We found the walk from there to the esplanade and Downtown Disney to be very easy, and didn't mind it at all. I personally would not think twice about booking it and doing the walk to the corrals (they're on the side of Downtown Disney by the Disneyland Hotel, correct?). Some might feel differently, but that's my opinion.
Thank you!!

@*DisneyDreamer so you liked the hotel itself then?? I'm not sure where the corrals are, I tried to find last year's program and the link appears to be dead.

You're welcome! One of the nice things about the hotel is on one of the floors, they have a little Pizza Hut with a little market inside. The rooms have small refrigerators so you can purchase things from there and store them in your room. Good thing to have for food on race morning, since I'm sure you'd be heading off in the morning before the market is open.

I'm not sure where the corrals are, I tried to find last year's program and the link appears to be dead.

For the Tink corrals, the start is at the underpass or slightly up the hill of the underpass of DTD on DL Drive. We run towards Ball Rd and the corrals go from the start back towards Katella. It's the opposite of the DL 1/2 if that helps. And like the others mentioned, it's super easy to get to cutting through DTD and then cut through GC it'll bring you right out the middle of the corrals. If you have a bag drop or are in the higher lettered corral you'll go to the left and if you're A-C, you're straight ahead and to your right.

Found the 10k map for you, they had a few more corrals for the 1/2 but those just went a little further back towards Katella.

2015-Tinker-Bell-10K-Corrals.png

I'm staying at the Fairfield on Thursday night before the Disneyland 5K in September - mostly because I'll be solo and I'm pretty much a big Marriott loyalist and could use points. So, I can let you know what it's like when I walk to the 5K on Friday morning! We move to the DLH after that. :D

Tink veterans - I'm looking at possibly staying at the Fairfield Inn on South Harbor. Is that going to be a crazy-long walk to the 10K/half corrals?

AnaheimMap.gif

I stayed at the Quality Inn next door this year for Tink. No problem at all to walk over. We crossed right at Manchester and walked through downtown Disney and followed the masses to the corrals, it was very easy.

I stayed at the Quality Inn next door this year for Tink. No problem at all to walk over. We crossed right at Manchester and walked through downtown Disney and followed the masses to the corrals, it was very easy.
Thanks! :)

I would like some advice please. So I can register next week being a DVC member. When I tried to register a few weeks ago for Princess, the GSC was on hold at 12:02. I want to be on the ball this time. Does anyone know do I have to click the link on the DVC website at 12:00 to get in or do I want to have already been past that by 12:00? I don't know what screen I need to be on at 12:00 to get in since I had to register two weeks later for princess and that was super stressful. The wonderful posters who put the link up for princess saved me as both runDisney and Active had crashed. Thank you for your help!

Any hotel recommendations for Katella area close to where the 10K begins? We stayed at Camelot Inn for this year's 5K but I know that @Belle Ella had listed some Katella properties on her Tink thread. Thought I would at least research some room rates - Anabella is $229/night which is a little too high for us. Thanks!

Ones that are close to the corrals outside of Anabella are Eden Roc, BW Stovall's Alamo Inn, Quality Inn and BW Pavillions. I'm not sure where prices are right now, but when I booked a few months back, Stovall's was the cheapest.

Out of what Kim posted, I've stayed at Stovall's (actually, that's where I stayed this past Tink with some friends). I don't think you can get closer to the starting corrals. It was a great stay!

I would like some advice please. So I can register next week being a DVC member. When I tried to register a few weeks ago for Princess, the GSC was on hold at 12:02. I want to be on the ball this time. Does anyone know do I have to click the link on the DVC website at 12:00 to get in or do I want to have already been past that by 12:00? I don't know what screen I need to be on at 12:00 to get in since I had to register two weeks later for princess and that was super stressful. The wonderful posters who put the link up for princess saved me as both runDisney and Active had crashed. Thank you for your help!
Lately they have been putting the links up a little before noon, but the links have not been *live* until noon. I would be refreshing the DVC page starting at 11:50 or 11:55, and once the Active.com links are up, start refreshing those as well. Make sure your Active.com profile is up-to-date, though it should be since you just registered for Princess.

In terms of Stovall's ... I've never been there for a race, and while it makes sense that it's close to the starting corrals, we found that it's a bit of a far walk at the end of a long park day - so be aware that if you're planning some park fun before or after the races, you should expect a bit of a trek back to the hotel (it was like 10-15 minutes for us (with a broken foot), I think ... this was 3 years ago, so I don't really remember)
That said, the far walk was really the only disadvantage I found when I stayed at Stovall's - it was exactly what you would expect for the price - a decent, cheap hotel. We liked the breakfast ... mostly because we never find things we can eat at breakfasts and we found plenty to eat there. So if you're looking for something close to the corrals and don't mind a long walk back from the parks, I definitely recommend it.
(There is a (paid) shuttle, but it sometimes stops running a little early, so if you're staying until close, you may miss the last shuttle, depending on how long it takes you to get out of the park)

Lately they have been putting the links up a little before noon, but the links have not been *live* until noon. I would be refreshing the DVC page starting at 11:50 or 11:55, and once the Active.com links are up, start refreshing those as well. Make sure your Active.com profile is up-to-date, though it should be since you just registered for Princess.
Thank you!

YES. Thank you! Going to try to attach that to the first post (since I'm sure the link will be dead at some point).
ETA: Nope, didn't work. File is too large to upload here - DUH.
If I look on my iPad maybe I can take screen shots of the individual pages and then the thread could at leat have the info pages about the corrals and shuttles and things?

If I look on my iPad maybe I can take screen shots of the individual pages and then the thread could at leat have the info pages about the corrals and shuttles and things?
Eh. Up to you. Seems like a lot of work! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter