"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

I can't see them doing this after the yelling last year when they announced there'd be people others couldn't see unless they paid more.

Be prepared though they did NOT have mingle after show last year, have they confiremd its happening this year?

Yes, the Parks Blog confirmed M&Gs with Cruella, Jafar, Gaston, Lotso and the Queen of Hearts.

Lotso will be in Tomorrowland. Cruelly near the train station I think I read Fantasyland one).

I had seen this. Upon taking a 2nd look, it clearly shows 12 characters so my guess is the answer on who they are is in that drawing.
edit:
After reading his words again ...."For 2015, we’re introducing a major new show on the Castle Forecourt Stage, and there are more than a dozen unique characters who will only appearing for character greetings during party nights." and after his clarification that Maleificent will not be available for a M&G, it doesn't appear the characters on the stage in the drawing are the same 12 he says will be available for M&G since Maleficent is in that drawing.

Last edited:

I just booked a quick trip to Disney for Sept 12-16 and was wondering if it would be odd for a single female adult to go to the Halloween party (Sept 15) and possibly dress up - or will I look like a weird person that preys on children :)

Hi! I'm doing this! Taking my first solo trip (I have the BEST DH EVER!) and will be Genie (more like Disney bounding than costume), so not only going as a solo female adult, but dressing as a male character:) Look for me at the party. What will you be dressing as?

I have not seen Hocus Pocus, but was planning on renting it prior to MNSSHP so the kids could get excited about the show. One of the comments on Kenny's site says it's not kid friendly. Is that true? That synopsis sounded kind of chilling for kids.

I have not seen Hocus Pocus, but was planning on renting it prior to MNSSHP so the kids could get excited about the show. One of the comments on Kenny's site says it's not kid friendly. Is that true? That synopsis sounded kind of chilling for kids.

You know your kids best, but that being said...

-there is a little adult humor, but it went right over my head when I was a kid
-the witches can be a little bit scary (little bit as in for maybe 5 year olds, not sure how old your kids are)

I haven't seen it but remember how it was considered a badly made or dumb movie at the time

I am so conflicted about meeting characters. We are going on Halloween and it's our first day of vacation. I want to experience as much as we can during the party since it will be our only time going, at least in the next 5-6 years. I love the nightmare before Christmas, but I can't see waiting in line for hours. Same with the dwarves even though I might dress as Snow White.

How long should I plan on waiting for less wanted characters on the sold out Halloween night? Like rapunzel and Flynn if they appear and Mickey and Minnie?

My son was terrified of it until last year. Now he loves the movie. Just depends on the child.

I am so conflicted about meeting characters. We are going on Halloween and it's our first day of vacation. I want to experience as much as we can during the party since it will be our only time going, at least in the next 5-6 years. I love the nightmare before Christmas, but I can't see waiting in line for hours. Same with the dwarves even though I might dress as Snow White.

How long should I plan on waiting for less wanted characters on the sold out Halloween night? Like rapunzel and Flynn if they appear and Mickey and Minnie?

I'm not sure the princes are coming back. Has anyone seen confirmation either way?

As it is your first night, I think your kids would have more fun trick and treating and riding rides instead of waiting ages for the characters. We are going to try to see Jafar this year. Our previous parties we enjoyed the trick and treating, rides, photo ops, parade, fireworks, and SOTHMK special cards. We hands down have had some of best times at the parties.

We will be attending MNSSHP on November the 1st! This is not our first trip to Disney but our first MNSSHP! We are also new to the DIS board:lovestruc! There will be myself, DH, DS8, DD5 and DS2 almost 3 attending and we are undecided on our costumes. We have reservations at Whispering Canyon at 1:30 but my DH thinks we should eat in the park so we don't have to rush around. Any thoughts?

I've heard jack and Sally are delightful to meet. How about this character strategy.

Pick 7 dwarves or jack and Sally line up around 530. You'll be one of the first to meet them and you won't lose party time. Members of your group can take turns waiting and going off and doing fun stuff.

After that is done have one or two other must do characters or groups of characters. Play the rest by ear. If the line looks short (it always could be, even on Halloween, some of the characters only have ten-fifteen mine waits) hop in. Just keep in mind, you'll have the rest of your trip for rides you might miss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter