"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

No one should be buying tickets while thinking that certain meets/offerings will take place. Everything at WDW is always subject to change, and after last year's craziness, that lesson should have been learned. We could go to the party and meet no one, and still have an absolute blast.

That's our plan this year.

I am super lucky and have been approved to attend a conference in Orlando Oct 26-28th. I will be heading down a couple of days early and plan on attending the party Sunday Oct 25th. I don't want to buy my ticket until the conference registration is completed, however. I am guessing this party might sell out. How long do you guys think I can wait to buy my ticket?

I really think the dessert party would be more expensive if Characters were included. Not that it isn't expensive enough any way! Time will tell.

I'm a little bit surprise that only halloween day is sold out for the moment..Maybe it's because I think there more party dates this years in october?

I'm a little bit surprise that only halloween day is sold out for the moment..Maybe it's because I think there more party dates this years in october?

Most parties that sell out don't sell out until the day of the party.

Most parties that sell out don't sell out until the day of the party.
Many sell out the day before, but it isn't uncommon for them to sell out days in advance. Unfortunately, there's just no way to know.

As long as people are okay with being flexible, waiting until closer to the party is fine. However, if your trip dates limit you to only one date, it is best to buy as soon as you are able.

Halloween didn't sell out until Aug 21 last year. No other sellouts this time of year is normal.

Smitch you don't understand why people are upset as traditionally Halloween is the one time you could probably meet DISNEY villains? I'm upset that the two popular villains won't be around....

I guess cruella is cool but I'd like add Faciliar too :/

From a business perspective, removing Maleficent and the Evil Queen is a brilliant move this year. It will insure people come back to future parties when they -do- offer those characters. Disney knows how bad you want to see them. They have to string you along a little to keep you coming back.

Smitch you don't understand why people are upset as traditionally Halloween is the one time you could probably meet DISNEY villains? I'm upset that the two popular villains won't be around....

I guess cruella is cool but I'd like add Faciliar too :/
Oh no, I totally get why people are disappointed. It's the "I paid to see x,y and z" without x, y and z being announced that makes no sense to me. Lol! Hopefully there will be some additional characters not mentioned in the blog that will be there. We will know soon. :)

From a business perspective, removing Maleficent and the Evil Queen is a brilliant move this year. It will insure people come back to future parties when they -do- offer those characters. Disney knows how bad you want to see them. They have to string you along a little to keep you coming back.

I don't know, to me this screams of a parent who has had enough of their children whining, and is now taking things away out of spite. Like a, "Fine. You people keep complaining about them no matter what we do, so we'll just make it so NO ONE can meet them!"

I still would not at all be shocked if they show up to do the "toast" that is mentioned at the dessert party. Not a meet and greet, but an appearance. If that does come to fruition, I will be VERY glad that I went ahead and booked that party.

Oh no, I totally get why people are disappointed. It's the "I paid to see x,y and z" without x, y and z being announced that makes no sense to me. Lol! Hopefully there will be some additional characters not mentioned in the blog that will be there. We will know soon. :)

History creates expectations. And to me, the "Entertainment is subject to change" disclaimer is just lawyer speak that essentially means nothing. When I tell my kids that neither Flynn Rider, nor Maleficent, nor the Evil Queen will be available for them to meet at the party when they've met them at this party before, do you really think they're going to care that Disney reminds us that entertainment is subject to change? I'm sorry you don't feel like me stating that I feel the value for this year's $75 tickets is reduced due to my experience with a cheaper ticket two years ago is a valid complaint. I'll keep in mind that expressing disappointment in this year's MNSSHP offerings in this thread isn't welcome.

So, last night I found an ENTIRE BAG of Disney Halloween candy from one of the 2 parties we went to last year just hiding behind our bed. I have no idea why we even collected candy at our 2nd party - nobody on earth needs that much candy! I guess it's just kind of wrong to say no to free candy...

Has anybody ever exchanged their bag for the healthier stuff? (I assume it's healthier, at least.)

I still would not at all be shocked if they show up to do the "toast" that is mentioned at the dessert party. Not a meet and greet, but an appearance. If that does come to fruition, I will be VERY glad that I went ahead and booked that party.
I can't see them doing this after the yelling last year when they announced there'd be people others couldn't see unless they paid more.

I would expect Cruella to have a 45-60 minute line, the other villains will probably run with 25-35 minute lines.
Be prepared though they did NOT have mingle after show last year, have they confiremd its happening this year?

I can't see them doing this after the yelling last year when they announced there'd be people others couldn't see unless they paid more.

Be prepared though they did NOT have mingle after show last year, have they confiremd its happening this year?

Yes, the Parks Blog confirmed M&Gs with Cruella, Jafar, Gaston, Lotso and the Queen of Hearts.

well gaston is always around and fun to talk to! Will be good to get a Cruella pic! I cannot wait til first party happens and we get confirmation on how it all goes.

History creates expectations. And to me, the "Entertainment is subject to change" disclaimer is just lawyer speak that essentially means nothing. When I tell my kids that neither Flynn Rider, nor Maleficent, nor the Evil Queen will be available for them to meet at the party when they've met them at this party before, do you really think they're going to care that Disney reminds us that entertainment is subject to change? I'm sorry you don't feel like me stating that I feel the value for this year's $75 tickets is reduced due to my experience with a cheaper ticket two years ago is a valid complaint. I'll keep in mind that expressing disappointment in this year's MNSSHP offerings in this thread isn't welcome.
Huh? No one said anything about disappointment and posts about it not being valid or welcome. And yes, history creates expectations, and recent history has shown that changes take place even after things have been formally announced. I'm sorry your kids will be disappointed, however that's not my fault. Not sure why you are taking my post so personally. I buy tickets day 1 because I know that no matter what is offered, my family will have an awesome time. If I had an expectation of a certain character, my money would stay in the bank until I knew for certain it was money well spent. Again, I get why people are disappointed, but for those saying they would not have bought tickets if they would have known, is not Disney's fault. As I said earlier, hopefully more characters will be announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!