• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" 2015 MNSSHP thread

Since (as of right now!), I'm going solo -- is it weird to wear my costume into the park at 4?

It's also pretty easy for me to switch into it in the bathroom once the party starts ...

Advice?

Not weird at all. Many party-goers will arrive at 4, so you definitely will not be the only one in costume!!

Alright, I got scared when I saw that MNSSHP on Halloween is now sold out so I have now officially bought our party tickets for October 29th, our arrival day! I can't wait! Now we just all have to get costumes. ...that, and arrange the HHN fiasco I want to do.
we arriving the same date and we also go tthe party that day..I really hope the chldren will not be to tired

can't wait for our trip oc 27th!! I'm sure being so close to halloween it will be crowded, but at least its a ticket event won't be like max capacity in december or july lol

either way will be fun!

Since (as of right now!), I'm going solo -- is it weird to wear my costume into the park at 4?

It's also pretty easy for me to switch into it in the bathroom once the party starts ...

Advice?

We always arrive for MNSSHP right at 4:00 pm and we arrive in costume. There will be plenty of other party-goers in costume then, so you will definitely not be the only ones! We like to use the time from 4:00-7:00 pm before the party for photo ops around the park and with some "non-party" characters.

So my son wants to be Oogie Boogie from NBC...I am so not looking forward to making that costume. Any ideas for making a cooler version of it. I have burlap but worried he will die in the heat down there. I mean obviously I will make it super loose for airflow but wish I could think of something that wouldn't be so hot. He is adament he be him!!!

I hav a question, do the prices go up after a certain time....we're talking of doing a second party but we aren't sure if the price changes or not after a certain time.

I hav a question, do the prices go up after a certain time....we're talking of doing a second party but we aren't sure if the price changes or not after a certain time.
Certain dates have advanced purchase discounts, but as long as you buy them the day before, you get that discount price. Depending on the date, though, they may sell out several days in advance.

Certain dates have advanced purchase discounts, but as long as you buy them the day before, you get that discount price. Depending on the date, though, they may sell out several days in advance.

I'm looking at the second party of the season, September 18th

I am getting excited for this! We have been to Disney every fall for the past 3 years and decided to do the "other" park this year. BUT, since we were going to be there and it was Halloween party time, we opted to add in just one Disney day and do the Halloween party. Now that I've learned more about it, I can't believe we haven't done it before! So excited! We'll be there Sept. 25th.

Congratulations!!!

Costume updates, anyone? I’m almost done with the dress. The wig is not working out. It makes me look washed out. Not sure if people would still recognize Elsa without the wig (my dress looks strangely similar to Cinderella the 2015 movie!). I may have to add snowflakes to the cape to make sure. Not looking forward to getting all the glitter, I mean, pixie dust on the carpet!

I'm having minor freakouts every day when I think about how much I need to finish! I'm making specialty wings for 6 fairies (if all goes according to plan, the wings will glow with the show!), redo my tink costume, possible make a Winifred Sanderson costume, and finish updating Book (it's remote controlled this year). All before 9/27. If you need me I'll be in my craft room.

I am trying hard to let go of my desire for DH and I to have great costumes. I just don't think I have the time! I am making some trip outfits for the kids now but too busy in sept/oct to do much.

Can you all believe it is getting close?!?

Right now I am going with Snow White since I am pale and have almost black hair, can be styled easily. Then some cute saying on shirt, bow in hair etc. Modern snow. My husband has no idea...but I am really forcing myself to step back on this, I know I will be killing myself trying to get proper costumes done.

The kids want us to be Penelope VS. And wreck it ralph however finding maroon overalls for my husband isn't happening! I shoudp have started this in January when I bought the tickets I guess!

I am trying hard to let go of my desire for DH and I to have great costumes. I just don't think I have the time! I am making some trip outfits for the kids now but too busy in sept/oct to do much.

Can you all believe it is getting close?!?

Right now I am going with Snow White since I am pale and have almost black hair, can be styled easily. Then some cute saying on shirt, bow in hair etc. Modern snow. My husband has no idea...but I am really forcing myself to step back on this, I know I will be killing myself trying to get proper costumes done.

The kids want us to be Penelope VS. And wreck it ralph however finding maroon overalls for my husband isn't happening! I shoudp have started this in January when I bought the tickets I guess!

For snow white depending on what size you wear, I've seen some cute Disney related shirts at Hot Topic or Torrid.

Add me to the list! First time for Fall trip and first time to MNSSHP. Oct 1, 2015! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter