Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

For anyone that was looking into going to an Angels game the weekend of the races. You can get half price tickets for that Friday night. Here's the info: http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/ana/ticketing/supergroups_octa.jsp

Thanks. We talked about going to an Angels game and Friday night may be the best night for us to try.
Flight gets into LAX around noon, then it's off to baggage, rental car, traffic, expo, hotel.........and a baseball game?!!!!
Sounds like my kind of challenge.

BFF #1's response to the merch post: "oh ***! We are gonna have to put our war paint on."

But seriously.

Good point about the 60th anniversary being separate to the 10th anniversary. As much as I would FREAK OUT over a diamond encrusted, blinged up medal, I can't see it happening. I agree, there will probably just be a reference to the 10th somewhere on it. I don't really care though - I'll just be thrilled to have that awesome 'D' around my neck.

QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO HAS RUN A DISNEYLAND RACE

I am seeing posts on Facebook about people getting wristbands to enter the official merchandise area - what is this noise? Can someone explain how this works? They don't do that at WDW. :confused3

And yes, I had to bold that. If you've followed any of my posts, you know the merch is VERY important to me, :teeth:

I was TERRIFIED last year after having read reports from the 2013 weekend. I thought for sure if we weren't one of the first in, all the good stuff would be gone and we'd walk out empty handed.

It turned out to be very civilised. We actually went down to get our bibs first, and by the time we arrived at the official merch area there was a long-ish queue. Nothing worse than waiting in line for a ride in the parks lol! We probably waited about half an hour. There was a water station about half way along the queue - I guess they don't want their runners getting dehydrated before the race lol! When we finally got to the front of the line, our group was let in and given little shopping baskets. There were only a few other people in the shop at the same time as us, and we all had plenty of room to browse and try things on. It seemed like they had some of everything left, plenty of variety of sizes etc. Once we had our purchases, we made our way to the cash registers, where we waited for another 10 minutes or so. There were plenty of CMs/volunteers directing people and giving instructions. The only disappointment for me was the lack of 10k merch - not everyone is doing the half or DDD!

I have a similar plan of attack this year, but may do the merch first before picking up the bibs.

I was just thinking, maybe I'll make it a plan to do the 60th anniversary half so I could get a diamond encrusted D! Then I realised I'd be 80 lol! Can't hurt to plan though :rotfl:

I want sparkly & classic with a hidden Dole Whip. That would be my perfect medal.

I'd be ok if I could get a dole whip at the finish line in place of the medal. :)

QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO HAS RUN A DISNEYLAND RACE

I am seeing posts on Facebook about people getting wristbands to enter the official merchandise area - what is this noise? Can someone explain how this works? They don't do that at WDW. :confused3

And yes, I had to bold that. If you've followed any of my posts, you know the merch is VERY important to me, :teeth:

I saw those lines for merch last year and kept on moving. I'm not that interested in the race merch since I usually don't like it that much. But I went back later to walk around the expo again and you could just walk right in to that area. No wristband needed.

2013, the first year of DDD, was a nightmare. None of the CMs knew where the lines began or ended, it was crazy. By Tink the following January, it was all fixed and has been quite organized ever since.

If you want DDD merchandise, I highly suggest you go the first day of the expo and be there at the open. Otherwise, there will be merchandise, but nothing left for DDD.

If you want DDD merchandise, I highly suggest you go the first day of the expo and be there at the open. Otherwise, there will be merchandise, but nothing left for DDD.

If that's the case, Looks like DW & I will be out of luck for DDD merch. Not arriving at expo until Friday afternoon at the earliest.
At least we will have our race shirts and medals!!

If that's the case, Looks like DW & I will be out of luck for DDD merch. Not arriving at expo until Friday afternoon at the earliest.
At least we will have our race shirts and medals!!

I'm planning on being there on Thursday when the expo opens. I'll be happy to email/text/post pictures of the merchandise and buy it in advance for you and your DW! :)

I've been tracking the Tink 5K and 10K on social media and I feel like what we are seeing at those races bodes well for the Disneyland Half Weekend.

I know last year one of the complaints for the Disneyland 10K was the lack of characters on the course. If you remember they had:
  • Lightning McQueen & Mater
  • Stich dressed as Elvis
  • Chip & Dale
  • And then several Elvis impersonators
  • And Fab Five at the finish line for high-fives, etc.

The races had at least the following characters, there may have been others.
Yesterday at the Tink 5K:
  • Peter Pan & Wendy
  • Captain Hook and Mr. Smee
  • The lost boys (6 of them)
  • At least 2 groups of Pirates on the course
  • Plus they had Tink fly over the castle with some fireworks before the race
Today at the 10K:
  • Lightning McQueen & Mater
  • Silvermist (Tink's Pixie Friend)
  • Iridessa (Tink's Pixie Friend)
  • Fawn (Tink's Pixie Friend)
  • Rosetta (Tink's Pixie Friend)
  • Alice and the Mad Hatter
  • Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar
  • Chip & Dale
  • Tinker Bell and Vidia at the start of the race and cheer runners on at the end
  • And Fab Five at the finish line for high-fives, etc.
Also at the Pasta in the Park Party they had two photo locations (from what I've seen)

One rotated between:
Peter Pan & Wendy
The Lost Boys

The other rotated between:
Captain Hook and Mr. Smee
Jake (the Neverland Pirate from Disney Jr.)

Bottom line... Seems like there were a lot of characters on course, and not all were directly related to the theme. Which makes me even more excited for the Disneyland Weekend!

A friend of mine is an Imagineer at DLR and posted this picture of the new bunting for the Diamond Celebration. I gotta think the DLH medal will be something similar - classic D with the Diamond in the center.
image.jpg

A friend of mine is an Imagineer at DLR and posted this picture of the new bunting for the Diamond Celebration. I gotta think the DLH medal will be something similar - classic D with the Diamond in the center.
That would be pretty awesome - do it, runDisney! It's already designed for you!

2 things...

1. I just booked my flights - non-stop both ways and I was able to cover the entire thing with credit card points (= more money for merchandise :teeth:)
2. Tink is over, so we're up next!! :yay:

Congrats on nonstop flights!! More time to shop for merch?!!

I had the same thought......DL Half weekend is finally on the top of the leaderboard for RunDisney lineup. Woo-hoo!

2 things...

1. I just booked my flights - non-stop both ways and I was able to cover the entire thing with credit card points (= more money for merchandise :teeth:)
2. Tink is over, so we're up next!! :yay:

This makes me all of the exciteds!

For a brief few minutes tonight, I started thinking about trying to find a travel provider to go through to register for the Disneyland half marathon. I think I'm going crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter