Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Wow! Nice work Keels :thumbsup2

When you think about it, a Snow White theme makes sense being the first animated feature, kind of the movie that started it all! Plus, villains has already been used for TOT. But yeah I can't tell from this whether it's going to be a Snow White theme or a villains theme. And I'm not that interested in basing my costume on either lol!

So basically, I'm in no better position than I was 24 hours ago :rotfl:

Ugh or a straight up Villains theme that people have been clamoring for? I am so bummed I'm not doing the 10k for the first time this year. It will be my first 1/2 marathon, so I decided just to focus on that. I think I'm going to miss the 10k though. *waaahhhhh*

In other news, I won't be able to start training this week because I rolled my ankle on Sunday. Yay me. :( But, it's already feeling better, but I think I"m going to take the week off just to be sure. K-tape sure is magic!

Wow! Nice work Keels :thumbsup2

When you think about it, a Snow White theme makes sense being the first animated feature, kind of the movie that started it all! Plus, villains has already been used for TOT. But yeah I can't tell from this whether it's going to be a Snow White theme or a villains theme. And I'm not that interested in basing my costume on either lol!

So basically, I'm in no better position than I was 24 hours ago :rotfl:
I thought the same thing, but they already have ab entire race weekend dedicated to the princesses, so I really hope it's villains!!

I must tell you all...after refreshing that stupid page more times than I'd care to admit...OF COURSE they had to post the training plans in the middle of my commute home. Of course.:headache:

Interesting analysis on facebook.. They are saying its Snow White for sure. Snow White was the first animated feature in commemoration of the 60th disney anniversary and because the 60th anniversary is the diamond anniversary it relates to the seven dwarfs working in a diamond mine

I told my dummy husband about the training plans and what he thought about them.

"I think the medals should be made of gold," he says. And then walks out of the room.

I need a new husband! :drinking1

I must tell you all...after refreshing that stupid page more times than I'd care to admit...OF COURSE they had to post the training plans in the middle of my commute home. Of course.:headache:

Two thoughts:

1. At least they got posted!
2. You should make RunDisney your job - then you'd never miss anything!!

Interesting analysis on facebook.. They are saying its Snow White for sure. Snow White was the first animated feature in commemoration of the 60th disney anniversary and because the 60th anniversary is the diamond anniversary it relates to the seven dwarfs working in a diamond mine
That makes sense. But last year, at least, Tiki Stitch was the concept art on the 10K plan and that was exactly what the 10K medal looked like. So I think/hope that we'll get the Magic Mirror medal this year (in all gold, I would guess). :)
Two thoughts:

1. At least they got posted!
2. You should make RunDisney your job - then you'd never miss anything!!
Hmmmmmmmmmm OKAY! :teeth:

It's so weird, because everything else is so ... literal, you know?

I still feel like they may have thrown something on there and said "we'll make it work later".

Also - on the Half programs, the text (including intervals) is almost exactly the same. So, the hold-up really was the graphics.

It's so weird, because everything else is so ... literal, you know?

I still feel like they may have thrown something on there and said "we'll make it work later".

Also - on the Half programs, the text (including intervals) is almost exactly the same. So, the hold-up really was the graphics.
That's how it has been in past years. The Dumbo logo hasn't changed at all, except this year it's in more pastel-looking colors (similar to Sleeping Beauty Castle). The Disneyland Half logo hasn't changed, except for the year.

Year 1 of the 10K was Alice and Wonderland...last year was Lilo and Stitch. And the art they had on the 10K training plan was exactly what the medal turned out to be. So I think there's a good chance that...

1. The Dumbo medal will be the same as 2013 and 2014, except in pastel colors
2. The Disneyland Half medal...I have no idea. Retro/classic is my guess based on the training plan...
3. The 10K medal is that exact Magic Mirror art, except it'll be gold

?????? Maybe?? :confused3

That makes sense. But last year, at least, Tiki Stitch was the concept art on the 10K plan and that was exactly what the 10K medal looked like. So I think/hope that we'll get the Magic Mirror medal this year (in all gold, I would guess). :)

This sounds totally superficial, but I was hoping for a cooler 10k medal image from the Snow White theme :rolleyes: Oh, well. If wishes were fishes, right?

I can't say I'm crazy about any of them but hey at least now we know what the themes are. Everyone's refresh or F5 button can take a break. :)

too soon to have the disneyland weekend medal reveals at this weekend's tink? Don't they sometimes reveal medals for the upcoming races at the expo? I think they revealed the frozen medals for princess at wine and dine didn't they?

I thought the same thing, but they already have ab entire race weekend dedicated to the princesses, so I really hope it's villains!!

That's true. I actually love the idea of a villains race, and was so disappointed when they announced TOT was finishing up. However, I still don't think it would be a great fit for such a celebratory weekend with light and diamonds everywhere.

I still say Snow White makes the most sense. But why would they use the magic mirror as the artwork instead of Snow White? Maybe Keels is right and they actually haven't decided themselves yet, so they did artwork that could take them in a number of directions lol!

I told my dummy husband about the training plans and what he thought about them.

"I think the medals should be made of gold," he says. And then walks out of the room.

I need a new husband! :drinking1

Love it! That's exactly what my husband is like.

Guesses for the medals:

Agree with Ariel that dumbo will be same with the new color scheme

Agree with Ariel that 10k will the magic mirror in gold

Disneyland half - same as last year but will have 10th anniversary on it or have the 10 as a background

5k - Snow White

Kids run - seven dwarfs (I thought maybe Snow White but they have to keep it appealing to boys as well)

Of course, I'll probably be completely wrong

I was excited to see they finally posted the training schedule! Like most of you I went through the same thought process...
Snow White! Oh wait maybe Villains! Oh wait maybe Fantasmic! I think Snow White is the most likely guess.
Especially if they are going for a diamond theme. I think they wouldn't go with "just" an image of Snow White for the 10K logo because they would want it to have a broader appeal then a princess by herself. So the Magic Mirror is something boys and girls can get behind.

For the 5K or Kids races I can imagine something with Dopey (maybe when he puts the diamonds in his eyes) or the iconic image of the Seven Dwarfs marching across the log, all in a row. One positive about having the Snow White theme is plenty of Characters to put out on the course. 7 Dwarfs (separate them into pairs), Snow, the Prince, the Evil Queen or the old scary version of the queen. While I love Stitch as a character, he just didn't have enough additional characters to make it fun in the race last year.

And if it does end up being the villains instead... There are plenty of great characters for that too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter