Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Does anyone know if merchandise sells out as quickly at DL races as it does at WDW. Trying to decide if we want to fly in on Wednesday or Thursday.

Does anyone know if merchandise sells out as quickly at DL races as it does at WDW. Trying to decide if we want to fly in on Wednesday or Thursday.
Yes, some of the more popular items tend to sell out fast much like WDW.

Yes, some of the more popular items tend to sell out fast much like WDW.

Guess I'll try to move our trip around to come in on Wednesday. Changing the hotel room may prove difficult. Also more expensive to fly back a day earlier...sigh...all for merchandise. I must be crazy...

Guess I'll try to move our trip around to come in on Wednesday. Changing the hotel room may prove difficult. Also more expensive to fly back a day earlier...sigh...all for merchandise. I must be crazy...
Who ever regretted an extra Disney day? :)

*sigh*

What in the hell did I do now? While walking the dog last night, we were hot on the trail of something, probably the neighborhood fox, so we went for an all out sprint. Apparently I'm not much of a sprinter. About midnight I woke up with a sore foot. It's been painful all day so far. Something like wearing a shoe that's too small (no visible swelling/bruising however). I guess I'll give it a couple of days rest and see how it feels.

Sorry to hear about your foot. Hopefully rest and relaxation will do the trick.

Who ever regretted an extra Disney day? :)

True! Looks like the new dates work better with our work schedule anyway. Just waiting on confirmation from the hotel of our new dates. Continuing to stalk flights. With the new dates, looking at around $400 round trip bc we will be flying out on Labor Day.

Looks like my foot is on the mend, I guess it was just a bruise or some such. Not running today out of caution plus the ice storm that is turning everything around here into an ice-rink.

I know several have weighed in regarding hotels. We may have to change our original hotel due to new travel dates. Can't decide between Katella Ave and Harbor Blvd. wanting something convenient for both Disney and the races.

I know several have weighed in regarding hotels. We may have to change our original hotel due to new travel dates. Can't decide between Katella Ave and Harbor Blvd. wanting something convenient for both Disney and the races.
Neither is bad. Harbor is closer if you stay in that main long block, but not by much, less than 1/4 mile depending in which hotel. If you stay on Harbor, you can just walk down DTD to the DLH and staging area and runs. If you stay on Katella, you can walk down Katella and down DL Drive, cut in at light b/w PPH and the DLH to the service road and staging area. Personally, I prefer Harbor, b/c you just that much closer and can bounce back and forth from thr parks if you need to.

This might help. It's a short walk from Harbor to the parks, I'm not sure you can walk up Disneyland Drive on race morning. Does anyone know for sure?

dlmap.png

Since the NYC Marathon lottery gods don't seem to want me to run this year, I am consoling myself by reminding myself I am going to DISNEYLAND!! WDW vet, but never been to the west coast at all. Super excited to see the park where Walt started it all. I have a reservation at Castle Inn and Suites and I already have my park hopper tickets purchased. Looking forward to training with you all! :yay:

This might help. It's a short walk from Harbor to the parks, I'm not sure you can walk up Disneyland Drive on race morning. Does anyone know for sure?

I didn't run this last year, but have all the others and unless it's changed, you can walk up to a certain point. There's the intersection at the entrance to GC on one side and the parking lot area b/w PPH and DLH. You can cut in there and walk straight back to the service road, the one we run at the end of the race, and it will take you into the staging area and then onto the corrals. I don't think you can walk down to the corrals directly from DL Dr though b/c they are checking bibs and there's the set-ups for the tech stuff at the start line.

Now, for the really important question. I'm going to the Anniversary Party on Thursday night. I see that Indy will be open ...

What do we think the chances are that the Dole Whip stand will be open? Because, honestly, that's the only thing I can think about eating on my first day. #SorryNotSorry

Now, for the really important question. I'm going to the Anniversary Party on Thursday night. I see that Indy will be open ...

What do we think the chances are that the Dole Whip stand will be open? Because, honestly, that's the only thing I can think about eating on my first day. #SorryNotSorry

For the Anniversary party you will be able to enter the park at 4 p.m. So yes the Dole Whip stand will be open at least until the regular guests have to leave the park (maybe 8ish or 9ish?).

Pro-Tip: If the line is long for Dole Whip (and it will be) you can go into the Titki Room waiting area where they also serve Whip typically with a much shorter line, and the only thing better than a Dole Whip (other than the Dole Whip FLOAT) is eating it in the Tiki room while the birds are singing.

I'm also a big fan of a Dole Whip paired with the nearby Begal BBQ.

Oh my goodness.....I really want to do the Anniversary party...I just keep seeing $$$$$$

Pro-Tip: If the line is long for Dole Whip (and it will be) you can go into the Titki Room waiting area where they also serve Whip typically with a much shorter line, and the only thing better than a Dole Whip (other than the Dole Whip FLOAT) is eating it in the Tiki room while the birds are singing.

I'm also a big fan of a Dole Whip paired with the nearby Begal BBQ.

Oh, trust me - the first thing I figured out on my inaugural trip last summer was the Tiki Bird side of the Dole Whip line. I could eat all Dole Whips, all the time!

Oh my goodness.....I really want to do the Anniversary party...I just keep seeing $$$$$$

I'm freakishly excited about it! I was wondering how I was going to squeeze in all the new nighttime stuff at DL along with seeing World of Color AT LEAST once AND going to the Rangers-Angels game on Friday night, so it solves all my problems!

I have a bunch of plane tickets for points on hold, but I think right now I'm going to fly in midday on Wednesday, check in to the hotel and then hit DCA, treat myself to a fun dinner and then call it an early night.

That way, I can wake up "early" (ha! I love you West Coast timezone!) to make the Expo by opening, then hang by the pool, hit up Trader Joe's and then head to DL for the party on Thursday.

I probably won't see the husband until late afternoon Friday when he drives in from Santa Monica, so at least I can do everything I want without him slowing me down. ;)

AND going to the Rangers-Angels game on Friday night, so it solves all my problems!
Ahh! I'd been wondering why you were excited about Angel's baseball. After all: Angles. Now I see your Texas boys are in town. What a happy coincidence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter