Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

Been a few years since I was in Bend, OR, great town. Fleet Feet Sports and Foot Zone were two local stores. They also had a Finish Line which has stores throughout the US. None of these are "outlet" stores but typically have sales or clearance items that might be appealing. Bend has lots of great running trails and brewpubs! Portland probably has tons of running stores.

If you get a chance to drive down the Oregon Coast, do it! All of the beach is state owned and pristine. We started at Astoria and drove all the way down to Bandon before turning East and making our way to Bend then up to the Columbia River Gorge, and an amazing waterfall at Multonomah Falls (I'm sure I misspelled that) before reaching Portland. Some amazing scenery.

We are pretty much doing that exact trip in reverse :thumbsup2

If you are in Portland, Nike has a Brand Experience store in downtown just off Pioneer Square. 2 floors, most sports categories, newest releases, so not "outlet prices".

On the way south of Portland are the outlets in Woodburn. That is your best collection of outlet stores in the state.

In Eugene, the mall that has Eugene Running Company also has a Nike Running store that specializes in running footwear, apparel, and support items.

Have a great trip! I have 3 days on the coast near Lincoln City next week for a work off-site. Hope the weather isnt too bad.

Ooh! We're spending our last night in Woodburn! I know how I'll be spending that morning before our flight lol!

We're not really into one brand stores, so will probably give the Nike store a miss.

We'll be hoping for nice weather next week too!

I'll be holding it down at Paradise Pier. :beach: So not everyone is at DLH!

I had an offsite reservation and on a whim called Get Travel. Booked into Paradise Pier. My grandson, who is running with me, needed park tickets. I received a $25 per night credit on the tickets.

Posted this on the main Disneyland forum, but thought I'd try here too. :-)

I'm looking at the Eden Roc motel for the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend and wonder if anyone has recent experience with this property. I know it has been viewed as less than desirable in the past, but it looks like there have been recent renovations and there are some good reviews online. I'm on the fence...

We are doing things on a bit of a budget. I have a reservation at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. The Eden Roc is less expensive and very close to the start/finish of the races. The proximity to the races is my main plus on this property. The Plaza is closer to park entrance, but I don't think we'll be having too much park time because my husband's AP is not valid that Saturday & Sunday, plus we are doing the Dumbo Double Dare so I need to save my legs!!

Any recent knowledge and opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Krista :-)

Posted this on the main Disneyland forum, but thought I'd try here too. :-)

I'm looking at the Eden Roc motel for the Disneyland Half Marathon weekend and wonder if anyone has recent experience with this property. I know it has been viewed as less than desirable in the past, but it looks like there have been recent renovations and there are some good reviews online. I'm on the fence...

We are doing things on a bit of a budget. I have a reservation at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. The Eden Roc is less expensive and very close to the start/finish of the races. The proximity to the races is my main plus on this property. The Plaza is closer to park entrance, but I don't think we'll be having too much park time because my husband's AP is not valid that Saturday & Sunday, plus we are doing the Dumbo Double Dare so I need to save my legs!!

Any recent knowledge and opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Krista :-)
I haven't stayed yet, but am staying there over Memorial Day Weekend. We have one of the 2 Queen rooms. I can come back and give you a review when we get back if you like. The remodel looks really nice.

I haven't stayed yet, but am staying there over Memorial Day Weekend. We have one of the 2 Queen rooms. I can come back and give you a review when we get back if you like. The remodel looks really nice.

That's great! I have both hotels booked now and can't wait to hear your review to make my decision. ;-) Thanks!

I wish there were more good runs in Australia like you have in the US.

Just did a 10k run on Sunday. I paid $50 for it. There was no t-shirt, no medal, nothing but advertising in the 'goody' bag, and no fruit left by the time I got to the finish line. Yep, I'm slow, but that was a PR for me lol! A lot of the volunteers were starting to pack up by the time I passed. To make matters worse, my timing chip didn't work, so I don't even get an official time!

I should be stoked! I beat my previous best time by about 3 minutes, despite it being a pretty hot day (high 90's). I estimate that I came in around the 1:13 mark. Instead I'm left feeling very disappointed and a little ripped off.

I could use a couple good thoughts from the group, if you don't mind!

I did a run on the treadmill today and I felt a definite "pop" from the middle of my surgical structured foot. I don't feel a lot of pain, but there is a significant amount of swelling. I'm afraid that one of the screw-based fusions in my midfoot has broken. This was something that was done nearly 15 years ago, and something I knew I would eventually have to have to deal with, but ... it's a little bit scary to think about now.\

It doesn't help that we're ice'd out here, so even driving to go see a doctor (who doesn't even know my foot) will be difficult.

I'm hoping a night on ice will calm my nerves.

This is something that can potentially crush everything I have planned and make everything I've already done moot. Guh. Stupid foot.

I did a run on the treadmill today and I felt a definite "pop" from the middle of my surgical structured foot. I don't feel a lot of pain, but there is a significant amount of swelling. I'm afraid that one of the screw-based fusions in my midfoot has broken. This was something that was done nearly 15 years ago, and something I knew I would eventually have to have to deal with, but ... it's a little bit scary to think about now.\

It doesn't help that we're ice'd out here, so even driving to go see a doctor (who doesn't even know my foot) will be difficult.

This is something that can potentially crush everything I have planned and make everything I've already done moot. Guh. Stupid foot.
Sorry to hear that.. Hope for the best

That is scary to think about. Hoping for you that it's nothing significant. How is it looking this morning?

I ran a 14 mile loop between my living room, dining room, and sunroom last night. Definitely flat and climate controlled!

14 miles, in the house? Now THAT is dedication. Here I was being all impressed with myself for doing like four miles at the airport while waiting for my flight....

Also, on a side note it looks like we are doing some of the same races. I'm in for the Frederick Running festival half as well.

Gaah! That's not good! Still what you have done is already "in the bank" you now know you can run a 10k and even more, nothing changes that. And as for the future, the worst it can do is delay things for a little bit! Good healing vibes heading your way.

Just did a 10k run on Sunday. I paid $50 for it. There was no t-shirt, no medal, nothing but advertising in the 'goody' bag, and no fruit left by the time I got to the finish line. Yep, I'm slow, but that was a PR for me lol! A lot of the volunteers were starting to pack up by the time I passed. To make matters worse, my timing chip didn't work, so I don't even get an official time!

I should be stoked! I beat my previous best time by about 3 minutes, despite it being a pretty hot day (high 90's). I estimate that I came in around the 1:13 mark. Instead I'm left feeling very disappointed and a little ripped off.
Congrats on the new PR!! You're right that the race itself could use some improvements...but still! New PR!! In crazy temperatures! That's awesome! And now you have brand new a time to submit to Disney for corralling. :)

@Keels I hope you're feeling better this morning and that you can get to a doctor soon! Don't panic...we still have a little over 6 months to go. Sending you healing thoughts. :hug:

I did a run on the treadmill today and I felt a definite "pop" from the middle of my surgical structured foot. I don't feel a lot of pain, but there is a significant amount of swelling.

Oh No!!! Hope that you are resting your foot and getting better. Mr. Treadmill and I have a love/hate thingy going on. If I spend too much time with Mr. T, he always finds a way to hurt me.
Let us know how you are feeling today.

14 miles, in the house? Now THAT is dedication. Here I was being all impressed with myself for doing like four miles at the airport while waiting for my flight....

Also, on a side note it looks like we are doing some of the same races. I'm in for the Frederick Running festival half as well.

Thanks for the praise. I only bumped into furniture about 8 or 10 times and drove the kids, dogs, and house crazy. After my 27 day layoff from Dopey, it has taken 3 weeks to get back into running shape. Only run once outside, so I had to get creative!

I wish I could do Frederick this year but kids have crazy sports schedules this Spring so I am being a good parent, LOL. Liked the event, curious what you will think of it.
Are you doing the 5k as well as the Half?

Wow, high 90s sounds brutal. Congrats on your 10k and PR. Some races are very generous with their bling, you just have to find them. Or do a RunDisney race.

I wish I could do Frederick this year but kids have crazy sports schedules this Spring so I am being a good parent, LOL. Liked the event, curious what you will think of it.
Are you doing the 5k as well as the Half?

I'm doing the "Maryland Double" so just the Half.

[QUOTE="]I'm doing the "Maryland Double" so just the Half.[/QUOTE]

Or as somebody said the other day, a mini marathon! I couldn't resist the 5k because it started immediately after the Expo ended on Saturday. I was already there! Told my wife I would be back in 26 minutes, did a little running, and we went out to dinner. Neat medal too.

Thanks for all the good juju you guys!

Update: Swelling is down, but it still feels a little stiff (not uncommon) and I've got some nice bruising (also not uncommon). I got to talk to my doctor back home and he thinks everything is OK, but has me going in for an x-ray tomorrow just to be on the safe side. Gotta love doctors in the digital age, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter