OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

The upper corrals are obviously the smallest with the last corrals being huge but the middle corrals are varied.My corral (K) has like 700 people while J has like 1,200,and behind my corral L has like 900 people,was this expected,I'm kinda glad my corral is not a huge one.

I posted this in a different thread, but thought it might be helpful here too...

I hadn't seen it elsewhere, so here's the math on the total runners (Dopey, Goofy and Full Only) for the Marathon:

Elite 52
A 448
B 497
C 1011
D 1006
E 1018
F 1501
G 1500
H 1505
I 2009
J 2003
K 2007
L 2011
M 1980
N 1985
O 2486
P 3513
Total 26532

And here are the same numbers for the Half Marathon:

Elite 52
A 460
B 500
C 1003
D 1001
E 1001
F 1500
G 1499
H 1502
I 1998
J 1999
K 2001
L 1999
M 2001
N 2008
O 2497
P 3081
Total 26102

Corral G here. I can't recall what time I gave them for proof. But I just ran a 1/2 2 weeks ago in 1:46, anyone know if I'm going to be in good pace company or will I be dodging and weaving. Though I'm going to enjoy the course this is my first marathon and I'm hoping to run well. My goal at this point is 3:45.

Corral G here. I can't recall what time I gave them for proof. But I just ran a 1/2 2 weeks ago in 1:46, anyone know if I'm going to be in good pace company or will I be dodging and weaving. Though I'm going to enjoy the course this is my first marathon and I'm hoping to run well. My goal at this point is 3:45.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll b dodging and weaving. I'm in the same corral and my 1/2 time was 2:04.

Awesome half and impressive full goal. I am in a similar, but less aggressive boat, with a 1:47 half in the bag and sub-4 hour goal time for WDW. Like you, it's my first full. I want to enjoy the course, but still run it like a race. I am in corral C, so I would imagine you'd be doing some weaving to get up to your pace, but at the same time, perhaps that might keep the pace in check for the first few miles?

Ditto on that on. I'm afraid of dodging and weaving in "C".

There's dodging and weaving no matter what corral you're in. Even when I've started in A, I've had to move around people, run on the shoulder, etc. For the same expected finish time or submitted time, there are many ways to get there and many different paces along the way. True, the dodging tends to be worse in the later corrals, but there's plenty of it in all of them.

My main "concern" is the later start time, I hate standing around. I'll use that as a moral booster as pass a few folks ;-) It's not a big worry, I'll just hit my pace and avoid who/what I need to. Just looking forward to starting, well, finishing actually. I'm a destination guy, the journey can bite me, lol. Though doing WDW will be awesome and just the thing to help me "enjoy" the running portion.

Corral H for DW and I. We both submitted a half marathon proof of time in the 2:15 range.

There was less than 21,000 finishers last year. So to start with 26,000 this year I'm wondering if they have increased the field.

There was less than 21,000 finishers last year. So to start with 26,000 this year I'm wondering if they have increased the field.

Is it possible that between no shows, injuries, and people getting swept, that there could be about the same number of finishers this year?

Is it possible that between no shows, injuries, and people getting swept, that there could be about the same number of finishers this year?

Going by bib number there were about 25,550 Marathon runners last year, so it looks like a slight increase.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you'll b dodging and weaving. I'm in the same corral and my 1/2 time was 2:04.

I am in G also (Bib# 2984). POT was 1:59 for a half.
Don't worry about dodging me because I will be starting near the back of the corral. :thumbsup2

So I am in N. I ran a 2:40 half, but didnt submit an official time, because I am running with a friend who didnt have a time to submit. I did the math. If I can be at the start of N, I will have about 8,000 people behind me.

I am thinking I will be about 18 minutes ahead of the sweepers. This sound right?

Just to add another data point to the mix, my bib is 2601 and I'm in corral F for the full with a POT of 1:58 for a half. My number is so close to the end of the range for my corral, I think there's a good chance that by submitting my new PR (old PR was 1:59) it was just enough to bump me up a corral. I'll also mention that I didn't submit a new estimated finish time when I gave the new POT, but that my original estimate was fairly aggressive (perhaps, ahem, more aggressive than I'm realistically going to be feeling on race morning).

Ditto on that. I'm afraid of dodging and weaving in "C".

I don't know how much you will be weaving, since the corrals are so small. If you started at the back of the A corral last year, there were 3,000 runners in front of you. If you start at the front of C this year, there will only be 1,000 runners in front of you.

I was A last year and am B this year. I always am the last in the corral to start, so there will be about 1,000 runners in front of me this year. I think it will less crowded for me than in past years, which weren't all that bad except for maybe a minute or two early on.

Now, if you started in front of A last year, obviously you will be weaving more. But, I think the first couple of groups will spread out nicely in the first few minutes. I guess we will find out for sure in one month.

I don't know how much you will be weaving, since the corrals are so small. If you started at the back of the A corral last year, there were 3,000 runners in front of you. If you start at the front of C this year, there will only be 1,000 runners in front of you.

I was A last year and am B this year. I always am the last in the corral to start, so there will be about 1,000 runners in front of me this year. I think it will less crowded for me than in past years, which weren't all that bad except for maybe a minute or two early on.

Now, if you started in front of A last year, obviously you will be weaving more. But, I think the first couple of groups will spread out nicely in the first few minutes. I guess we will find out for sure in one month.

Good point. I will be starting in the back of my corral. I guess I just go spoiled at the ToT with no one around me for the majority of the race.

I have been completely panicked about this. I come up "not found ". Do you contact rundisney or active if this remains a problem?

I come up "Not Found" either but I found my sister. I just sent an email to runDisney about it and hope this is just a system glitch.

Going by bib number there were about 25,550 Marathon runners last year, so it looks like a slight increase.

I remember hearing last years numbers were 26k for the half and 25k for the full.I thought there might be less for the full this year since last year was the 20th anniversary but the Dopey challenge probably was a big enough draw to get the number right up there again.Plus Disney is not for having the race get smaller.

Plus Disney is not for having the race get smaller.
Yeah, given how much effort is being put into promoting the rD brand (out of WDW/DL meet-ups, hiring of social media mgr, Paris, etc.) I can't see the races getting smaller as time goes on.

I wonder... what do some of the veterans think is the threshold WDW can handle for race participants per race? Other cities manage triple the biggest rD races' caps - can you foresee things getting that big in the future? Or will they limit participants per race by continuing to offer more distances? I don't think they can realistically add more than 1 or possibly 2 more event weekends, so it would have to be increasing race caps and/or holding more races per event weekend, no?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter