OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

Well after reading the last handful of posts, we were planning to lay low on Sunday after the race..... looks like now we should be going to the park!
We hung around our resort after the marathon. We hit the pool and hot tub and chatted with other runners who were there too. Still had plenty of opportunity to walk around but I didn't want to be too far from my own bathroom just in case!

hey fellow runners and marathon weekenders! I just ran my local 10 miler to use as proof of time for the half. I need to send the info to runDisney, but does anyone know the email or link to update this information? Thanks in advance!

hey fellow runners and marathon weekenders! I just ran my local 10 miler to use as proof of time for the half. I need to send the info to runDisney, but does anyone know the email or link to update this information? Thanks in advance!

The instructions are here:
http://www.rundisney.com/disneyworld-marathon/registration/#proof

And state...

To provide or update your proof of time, you must email all proof of time data requested above to disneysports@trackshack.com

I posted this in the Dopey thread and i guess no one knew. Maybe no one does but thought I would try here just in case. I was just reading an article that said runDisney has in the past had a small table for race day bib pick up. Anyone seen or heard of this? Apparently they don't advertise it. I don't remember seeing it at the 2013 marathon weekend but I wasn't really looking. Would be nice for the 5k morning since I could get into Orlando later and skip the expo on Wednesday. Thanks for any help.

Until 2-3 years ago the 5k had a race day pick up tent. Also, in 2010 there was a small race day pickup tent for the half and full due to weather delays at MCO (seems like Orlando has no de-icing equipment).

Currently, there is no provision for race day pickup of bibs; even the 5k. I looked at the ToT this last weekend just to be sure.

I was just in Winter Garden last weekend. Where's the pawn shop? Near downtown?

It's called Theme Park Connection,just south of Colonial Drive at 1307 Green Forest ct. Unit 110

Their business has boomed since snagging a spot on Attractions Magazine's online show. I saw that they were still filming segments in the store.

It's not a pawn shop. It's a second hand store with lots of retired retired park items and Disney stuff. If you come, bring $$ as it is not cheap either.

Note you hit Green Forest by coming down Buela Road. Watch you speed as Winter Garden's finest are often sitting on Green Forest tagging folks on Buela. This is a warehouse type park and some of the park is rather seedy looking. Just follow the signs and have sun shopping.

http://theme-park-connection.mybigcommerce.com

Their business has boomed since snagging a spot on Attractions Magazine's online show. I saw that they were still filming segments in the store.

It's not a pawn shop. It's a second hand store with lots of retired retired park items and Disney stuff. If you come, bring $$ as it is not cheap either.

Note you hit Green Forest by coming down Buela Road. Watch you speed as Winter Garden's finest are often sitting on Green Forest tagging folks on Buela. This is a warehouse type park and some of the park is rather seedy looking. Just follow the signs and have sun shopping.

http://theme-park-connection.mybigcommerce.com

Thanks! I'll look for it after the W&D!

Holy dogpoo! I just looked at the website. You weren't kidding about the prices! :faint::scared1:

They probably should consider moving to a better location,they're located in a warehouse like half an hour from the parks,there's gotta be someplace closer and better.Thanks to whoever posted about the proof of time,I just sent them my ToT time which should get me in a higher corral for the full in January.

Hope everyone's training is going well. I finished my second marathon yesterday with a 40 minute PR. :thumbsup2 I had forgotten how completely spent you feel after completing a marathon, though. Wow. I'm pretty sure I will be going back to the resort after Dopey. No park day for me. Anyway, 3 weeks till NYC, 12ish till Disney!

Hi everyone, my husband and I just submitted our half marathon times for our proof of time. His was 2:16 mine was 2:58. How do you think we will place in the corrals? Obviously he is moving back to be with me. I am afraid to be placed in last corral for fear of being swept! Gulp! Not worried about the half, just the full as it will be my first one (ran 4 half marathons already but nothing more than the 13 miles yet). Next week I will attempt 17 miles. Yay!!
Happy Training Everyone!!

Until 2-3 years ago the 5k had a race day pick up tent. Also, in 2010 there was a small race day pickup tent for the half and full due to weather delays at MCO (seems like Orlando has no de-icing equipment).

Currently, there is no provision for race day pickup of bibs; even the 5k. I looked at the ToT this last weekend just to be sure.

Thanks for checking. Would sure make things easier but oh well.

Question - I emailed my race results for "proof of time" for the Goofy. How do I know that they have received my information and applied it properly?

Question - I emailed my race results for "proof of time" for the Goofy. How do I know that they have received my information and applied it properly?

I emailed my proof of time to runDisney on September 23rd and received a confirmation email back from them on September 30th.

What do you get as goodie bag swag for the marathon? Is it just the t-shirt and coupons?

Used to be really nice. Now not much more than you suggest.

Add to your list a small sample size Builders Bar and possibly a sample of Biofreeze. From there, it's whatever you can snag at the vendor booths.

Can someone walk me through the "next steps"? Like registering for alerts for runners etc? I want to make sure I get signed up for updates for my sister and parents races.

Also for anyone who needs to know, the deferral link is up. It's $45 if you defer before Nov 17th or 18th I think and $70 from then to December 17th. You have to defer by then, and if the price is higher next year you have to pay the difference. I haven't done it yet but I plan to this weekend. It seems a bit complicated from the instructions lol.

Can someone walk me through the "next steps"? Like registering for alerts for runners etc? I want to make sure I get signed up for updates for my sister and parents races.

A couple of weeks prior to the race, RunDisney will have the runner tracking link on their site. All that you will do is click on the link and enter the phone number (for text messages), or Facebook account that you want the updates to go to. My wife said last year that the updates were a little slow. I passed her at the 4 mile mark at the half and she had just received my 5k time, so it could be a little slow if you are using it to actually track the runner to see them on the course somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter