• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

I was able to register myself and husband for dopey with the visa discount! I never got a link so I called rundisney and they gave me the link!!

I too am in for the 10K and the half!

Excited about this new 10K! My last 10k at Disney was the Race to the Taste 10K in 2009, but that was replaced by the Wine and Dine Half Marathon, so I am excited they brought back a 10k distance.

(Loved doing the 2013 marathon this past January but am going to save my next marathon for the 2015 10th anniversary of the Goofy Challenge, if I am so lucky as to be able!)

:sunny:

Registered! I'm in for the 10K and for the full marathon. This'll be my steppingstone to hopefully the Goofy in 2015.

I have no idea about shirt size either. I ordered a size up just to make sure.

If the sizing is similar to princess women's cut, I was happy with the 2x.

I'm in for the half. Still debating whether or not to do the 10k too. Ready for the weather to turn better so I can get outside and pound the pavement a little more regularly.

Definitely Dopey!

Question though.... the first time I ran the Goofy my nutrition was completely out-of-whack. I fared better the second time but am curious how others fuel for the Goofy and/or Dopey. I don't think R/F will be a problem. I'd really like to be smart about my nutrition this year. What works for you before/during/after so I can test out some new ideas during my training?

Question though.... the first time I ran the Goofy my nutrition was completely out-of-whack. I fared better the second time but am curious how others fuel for the Goofy and/or Dopey. I don't think R/F will be a problem. I'd really like to be smart about my nutrition this year. What works for you before/during/after so I can test out some new ideas during my training?

Friday before: Healthy, light (we ate at Jiko this year)
Before half: Clif bar at 330am when I wake up. Bottle of Powerade by 430. Nothing else until one gel at 530 (or 10 minutes before my start).
During half: gel/bloks every 45 minutes or so. Water and Powerade often.
After half: beer during ice bath. Healthy lunch. Sushi for dinner (light carbs, easy protein, lots of salt)
Before full: Clif bar at 330am when I wake up. Bottle of Powerade by 430. Nothing else until one gel at 530 (or 10 minutes before my start).
During full: gel/bloks/beans every 45-60 minutes or so. Water and Powerade often. Salt tabs every hour if it's warm.

This is what I do, and it works fine for me. Your mileage may vary. :)

I told myself I had to skip Marathon weekend this year...I'm starting a graduate program at UF this summer, and be required to be on campus one weekend a month. Not sure which weekends yet, so I can't register for much. Buuuuut, the Minnie 10k is on a Friday, so if I DO have to be at UF on that Saturday, I'll just be halfway there! :) I'm hoping I get my schedule before the half sells out, but I figure it will probably take a bit...

Does anyone recall when runD published Galloway 's training plans last year? I'm wondering when the 2014 marathon plans will be ready.

My daughter and I are both in for Dopey Challenge! The Goofy Challenge plan was available online last year by the end of June because the first week of training started on the 3rd of July! I hope they put out a plan for the Dumbo Double Dare soon, but I am not too worried about that after completing Goofy! ;)

YEah!! Registered last night for the half. Excited!! and Terrified!! This is my first half ever.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I'm in for the Dopey and I'm SO excited! :hyper: I booked my plane tickets today, so just have the hotel res to figure out. We're thinking Polynesian!

Hello everyone, Liz, Joe, etc.. DUCKS!!

I am on the fence about registering for both the 2014 10K and the Half.

Having done a few Half marathons before I seem to finish in ok as far as little pain and feeling well and stayed hydrated.

Never done two back to back. I know 6 miles is not a WHOLE lot but will I be ok for the next morning? Currently without any injuries or issues and never been injured as I power walk my events.

I have a few events this fall that I will do prior to January.

Thanks!

YEah!! Registered last night for the half. Excited!! and Terrified!! This is my first half ever.:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

You can DO IT!!! I tell you I've just done 2 Dis Halfs so far.

Crossing that finish line at the Happiest Place on Earth is really emotional.
Getting a HIGH FIVE from MICKEY at the finish line!! Priceless.

I'm trying to decide if I need a new pair of running shoes. I ran a 1/2 yesterday and was having some pain/pressure on the pad of the ball of my foot after 6 miles. That was what put me into these shoes and out of my other shoes. I've run in them about 7 months. I'm just starting to journal so I'm not sure how many miles I have on them. Is it likely they are worn out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter