OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

For anyone looking for a GREAT medal display/hanger I HIGHLY recommend 'Allied Medal Display'! I just got mine today and it is AWESOME!!! Looking forward to hanging the "Mickey" on it in January!
Not only is the display awesome, it's the best service you'll ever get!
I do not work for them or know them, just very impressed with the product and the service.

www.medalhangers.com

Check them out on Facebook for the awesome pictures.

I've had one of theirs bookmarked and I'm going to spring for it this month. I now have 4 medals and they are starting to clutter the top of my dresser.

Well, race week here for me. A local sprint triathlon.

Anyway, each race week I change my facebook cover photo to the below as a Disney inspired "Beast Mode" pic...anyway, thought I would share in case anyone wants to borrow it or just use it as motivation at any point.

beastmodev.jpg

Anyone running the Broad Street run in Philly this Sunday? I will be, though I'm not properly prepared yet. My goal is to finish in injured :-)

Well, race week here for me. A local sprint triathlon.

Anyway, each race week I change my facebook cover photo to the below as a Disney inspired "Beast Mode" pic...anyway, thought I would share in case anyone wants to borrow it or just use it as motivation at any point.

beastmodev.jpg

i might have to use that when i run and put it on facebook

Just signed up for the marathon last night--so excited!!!! Well, not excited enough to not wait for my Disney Visa to arrive so I could get the $15 discount ;). Card arrived, marathon entered, all is good.

Oh, yeah. There's that training thing to do...haven't run in years. But I used to run a lot, so I'm looking forward to getting back into that.

See ya there!

Just signed up for the marathon last night--so excited!!!! Well, not excited enough to not wait for my Disney Visa to arrive so I could get the $15 discount ;). Card arrived, marathon entered, all is good.

Oh, yeah. There's that training thing to do...haven't run in years. But I used to run a lot, so I'm looking forward to getting back into that.

See ya there!

How exciting!! Welcome! :)

For anyone looking for a GREAT medal display/hanger I HIGHLY recommend 'Allied Medal Display'! I just got mine today and it is AWESOME!!! Looking forward to hanging the "Mickey" on it in January!
I do not work for them or know them, just very impressed with the product and the service.

www.medalhangers.com

I have bee look for a way to display my medals (other than my bed post). Thank you for the link!!!

Time for me to weigh in......
I'm going Goofy in 2014 and I'm excited, nervous, scared and a bit nuts.....but that's ok!

Today was my second Half Marathon (BMO Vancouver). My first was Donald at the 2013 WDW Half. I've never been a runner, and started running last summer only to train for Donald this year (with DW, but she had to pull out because we're expecting our first baby!). In high school, I couldn't run more than a lap on the track without huffing & puffing, and near-collapsing. Now (14 years later) I've got 2 half marathons and 3 10k's under my belt and I'm flipping addicted to this running thing.

I did way better than I thought I could today. My legs hurt, I have to take a 5-hour redeye flight home (wearing my medal & compression socks, of course!), but I'd do it again tomorrow if my body could.

Goofy, however, is another matter entirely. What have I gotten myself into???

~~~~~mad grin~~~~

4S

Apr/08: Offsite ~ Apr/09: Offsite ~ Apr/10: CR ~ Oct/10: Disney Paris Offsite ~ Apr/11: CR ~ Oct/11: CSR & POFQ (Purchased DVC ) ~ Jan/12: BLT & VWL ~ May/12: BLT & VWL ~ Oct/12: BLT & POR ~ Jan/13: SSR

www.medalhangers.com

Iron Sport Works makes great medal hangers too. The Texas Marathon Challenge in the middle of the home page is one they custom made for me. They're owned by two Disney lovers in FL, right outside Orlando. http://www.ironsportworks.com/

Time for me to weigh in......
I'm going Goofy in 2014 and I'm excited, nervous, scared and a bit nuts.....but that's ok!

Today was my second Half Marathon (BMO Vancouver). My first was Donald at the 2013 WDW Half. I've never been a runner, and started running last summer only to train for Donald this year (with DW, but she had to pull out because we're expecting our first baby!). In high school, I couldn't run more than a lap on the track without huffing & puffing, and near-collapsing. Now (14 years later) I've got 2 half marathons and 3 10k's under my belt and I'm flipping addicted to this running thing.

I did way better than I thought I could today. My legs hurt, I have to take a 5-hour redeye flight home (wearing my medal & compression socks, of course!), but I'd do it again tomorrow if my body could.

Goofy, however, is another matter entirely. What have I gotten myself into???

~~~~~mad grin~~~~

4S

Apr/08: Offsite ~ Apr/09: Offsite ~ Apr/10: CR ~ Oct/10: Disney Paris Offsite ~ Apr/11: CR ~ Oct/11: CSR & POFQ (Purchased DVC ) ~ Jan/12: BLT & VWL ~ May/12: BLT & VWL ~ Oct/12: BLT & POR ~ Jan/13: SSR

Congrats, on both the race and baby!!:yay:

Hi everybody! :wave2: Wasn't planning on it, but somehow got talked into doing the Half in 2014! Hopefully, the IT's will control themselves and let me do both this and the 2013 W&D. I've never done this particular race before so any newbie advice would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes Last year's W&D was my first Disney race and needless to say.....I'm hooked! :banana: Looking forward to meeting all my fellow WISH'ers in both November and January! :woohoo:

Hi everybody! :wave2: Wasn't planning on it, but somehow got talked into doing the Half in 2014! Hopefully, the IT's will control themselves and let me do both this and the 2013 W&D. I've never done this particular race before so any newbie advice would be greatly appreciated. :goodvibes Last year's W&D was my first Disney race and needless to say.....I'm hooked! :banana: Looking forward to meeting all my fellow WISH'ers in both November and January! :woohoo:

You can do it...

You have one under your belt and this one will feel easier. Well, after the pain of waking at 0200.... I say pain, but honestly, no one really sleeps the night before a race.

Yay!!! Glad to see you here too!:wave2:

You can do it...

You have one under your belt and this one will feel easier. Well, after the pain of waking at 0200.... I say pain, but honestly, no one really sleeps the night before a race.

Since I don't sleep that well to begin with, 0200 won't seem that bad! :p And any advice you can give will help too!:)

Yay!!! Glad to see you here too!:wave2:

Hi Jenn! :wave2:

You can do it...

I only did the full marathon this year and didn't sleep at all Friday night with the goal of when I went to sleep at 6-7pm on Saturday I would fall asleep easy and get at least 7-8 hours of sleep before the marathon,at least that was the plan.Everything was running how I planned,I was in bed at 6:30pm,felt sleepy and I probably even dozed off for ten minutes and for some reason I was awoken and after that I couldn't get in sleep mode again.Tried as hard as I could but was tossing and turning for hours probably getting an hour or two maximum of sleep,definitely not the plan,as I'm like a different person if I don't get enough sleep.Luckily for me the adrenaline and excitement that probably kept me from falling asleep was probably what kept me going and feeling perfectly fine to be able to complete the marathon.Next year the plan will be the same but I'll probably take some melatonin as well.The whole sleep thing is what would worry me most if I were to try to do the Goofy or Dopey.Next year I'm sticking to the full marathon but 2015 I will definitely be doing the Goofy or possibly the Dopey.

Since I don't sleep that well to begin with, 0200 won't seem that bad! :p And any advice you can give will help too!:)

Here's my advice: don't get up at 2. Get up at 3 or 330 instead. You'll still have plenty of time to make it to the start.

Here's my advice: don't get up at 2. Get up at 3 or 330 instead. You'll still have plenty of time to make it to the start.

Thanks! I'll be staying at one of the Downtown hotels and taking a cab to the start, so I'll probably have to get up a little earlier. My only problem will be getting ANY sleep at all! :scared:

Anyone have any advice on the Hal Higdon novice program? I like that I can progress over 30 weeks, but the days of the week won't work for my long run and rest day. How much will it hurt if I switch up some of the schedule days? I've been running for about 8 months and I've completed 4 1/2 marathons since January. I believe I won't have a problem finishing a marathon if I train correctly. Any comments?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter