OFFICIAL 2014 WDW Marathon Countdown: WE DID IT! Congrats everyone!

This Saturday at 0700 I'll be on the phone with Disney to make next year's FW site reservation. DW will be in for 3rd 5K plus Half, I'll be in for my 4th Dopey.

The 2013 Disney World marathon was my first marathon ever and I'm pretty much hooked where I need to do this every year.I know I'm good for the full marathon next year but I'm in awe of everyone who completed the Goofy Challenge,I feel like there's no way I could do the Goofy but it's only been three days since the marathon and it seems like each day since I feel more and more like topping myself and trying to do the Goofy,I have at least several months to talk myself into or out of trying it,either way I'm all in for the full marathon.

I have just started training and I am bound and determined to run the half next year. Right now I am following the Jeff Galloway program but hope to eventually weed out most of the walking but we will see how that goes. Good luck everyone! :)

I'm in for the Half and since I've never attempted anything like this before, have started training this week! :woohoo:

You are all amazing. Seeing all of those smiling faces this past weekend was a real boost. I thank all of you for cheering on complete strangers. You really made my first 1/2 marathon that much better. Can't wait to see you all again for Goofy next year.

I am definately planning on the Goofy challenge again next year. Now I have a time to beat from this year.
I think one of the better training I can do for myself is to sign up for as many half marathons as I can. I want to do a full in the fall I just have to pick a full that is 'slow' friendly.
I do have a half marathon this February in the north in really cold temps which is fine...I am also doing the Happalua in March...probably something in May and then throughout the fall. It will keep me going, knowing I have something always in the works.

Count me in please!! I ran my 2nd 1/2 this past weekend (the Donald), and my husband ran his first marathon! I will be going for the 26.2 in 2014, and my husband is going Goofy! I plan on doing the Goofy for 2015 :) Baby steps!

We are doing the Tough Mudder in May, so we will be incorporating a lot of strength training into our running schedule, which will be a huge help. We are also doing the W&D in November, which will fit right into the big Marathon weekend training!

So excited to be a part of this group - I lurked for a long time for this past weekend, and found you all to be so encouraging! Thank you for that!!

Count DH and I in for the 1/2.

I'm super excited!!

I'm doing strength training now, The New Rules of Lifting for Women program by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove. I might try the P90X2 when I'm done with this system in June/July. DH and I will probably use the Galloway Donald training plan starting in August. We might do a town 5K in the spring and a Zombie 5K in the fall.

Thanks for starting the thread WaDiWo! Make it Official!! :thumbsup2

I'm defnitely in for Marathon Weekend 2014! I've gone every year starting in 2010, and hope to keep going for a long time. :)

I don't know yet which race(s) I'll do. I've done several halfs in WDW and I just did Dopey this year. I have to let some time pass and then decide what I want to do next year.

But, count me in! :cool1:

LIST UPDATED as of 1/17/13
(I'll try to update as often as I can, but it may be once every few days).

Glad to see all the excitement. Now remember this year is going to be a marathon in itself. I see many of you are planning other halves and marathons throughout this year.

Keep up the good work and really I sincerely WISH that we all stay healthy and injury free. :thumbsup2

Just curious where you all are in your training now? I know it's a year away, but you may be recovering from last weekend, training for another upcoming race, doing maintenance runs, or perhaps you are just starting out and have 2014 as a goal? :confused3 inspire us!pixiedust:

I'm in. First marathon. Only ever done the Wine and Dine half before. Also hoping to do the ToT 10 mile for time logging. :thumbsup2

Just did my first Goofy this past weekend, but I hurt my knee on the full and didn't get the time that I wanted. I really want to go back next year and do probably just the full so that I can get a time that I'm satisfied with. :thumbsup2

Thanks to Freight Train’s inspiring post of how he walked goofy this year, I’m in for 2014. I’m a walker and have walked many races including ToT last year but I just never thought I could do goofy. Now I’m determined to do it!::yes::

Count me and my DW in for next year. Still deciding whether to do the Goofy again, but will definitely be there.

getting back to training after 12 month illness break. but tore rotator cuff 3 weeks ago so postponed start

but will be good

My wife and I are really serious about next year marathon weekend. I am thinking about half, full, or goofy since I have been doing both a half and full in the past. My wife will probably do the half. It is great weekend.

not a good idea to run in sydney today it's 46.6 degrees celcius. that's 116 Fahrenheit

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter