Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Hello all!
I am not able to run the half marathon and missed the deadline to defer...I'm wondering by any strange chance if anyone has a 5k or 10k bib they would like to trade for a half marathon bib? My brother is now making the trek down with us and would love to run the 5k or 10k, but everything is sold out. Please PM me if you are interested! Thanks!!

I'm also wondering what time I should be arriving at the 5K in the morning? How does the coral system work? I would like to not be in the last coral so that I have more time for pictures since the 10k I will not be stopping and running straight through. I don't see a coral on my bib for 5k? Do you just line up based on who arrives first or based on your expected finish time?

Thanks in advance!!! I am getting so excited! Leave in 2 days to visit in-laws for a few days, then fly to LAX on Sunday from the great white north. Disney, here I come!! :wave2:

Somehow I missed this yesterday. Thank you! I didn't know about the red hat ladies. I am used to disney races with long boring stretches of highway for miles..... Yeah, they have some on course entertainment but not local groups. That will be fun to see! Our 10k here last fall was like that and it was fun to run through college areas and downtown with spectators. Is there a lot of that's on the Tink course in Anaheim?

Question for you and anyone who does this. What do you do with your bib number when u where a long sleeve pullover over short sleeves? I know I'm going to want to run w long sleeves for at least a mile or two (looks like it will be 45-48 and dark for the 5-7am hours of the race), so how would I wear my number? On the ls and just take a moment to repin it to the tank later? I thought about wearing it on my shorts or skirt, but I've never done that and my shirts seem too long anyway. I'm not stopping for pics with characters but I wouldn't mind seeing the ones that they snap along the way. Advice?

I pin my bib to my short sleeve shirt. I then wear a throw away sweathshirt or a thorw away zip up hoodie over that. When I enter the corral I either have it unzipped or I pull it above the sweatshirt about the bib while I get into the corral. Last year I ditched the sweatshirt at mile 1 so my bib was visable for all photo ops :)

Somehow I missed this yesterday. Thank you! I didn't know about the red hat ladies. I am used to disney races with long boring stretches of highway for miles..... Yeah, they have some on course entertainment but not local groups. That will be fun to see! Our 10k here last fall was like that and it was fun to run through college areas and downtown with spectators. Is there a lot of that's on the Tink course in Anaheim?

Question for you and anyone who does this. What do you do with your bib number when u where a long sleeve pullover over short sleeves? Advice?

There's a lot of entertainment on the course, and it's better than the DL 1/2 b/c it's a lot more residential than industrial. DTD will be lined w/ people, CMs cheer you in the parks and backstage (the custodial staff even hangs a banner for us), people come out of their homes to watch, cheerleading teams and bands. Mile 10 is a little sparse, but then we turn back towards the parks and finish.

As for bibs, if I'm wearing a pullover I pin it on my capris, but like you said your shirt might be too long. So like others said either under your pullover or a race belt. If you go the belt route, they'll have a few options at different booths at the expo for you to check out.

I'm also wondering what time I should be arriving at the 5K in the morning? How does the coral system work? I would like to not be in the last coral so that I have more time for pictures since the 10k I will not be stopping and running straight through. I don't see a coral on my bib for 5k? Do you just line up based on who arrives first or based on your expected finish time?

Thanks in advance!!! I am getting so excited! Leave in 2 days to visit in-laws for a few days, then fly to LAX on Sunday from the great white north. Disney, here I come!! :wave2:

The past 2 years, DL has opened at 4:45 and you line up pretty much how you get there ~ early people are closer to the start than the later arrivals. The corrals are new this year, so not sure how it will line up. Hopefully the final race instructions will be online soon and if not they'll hand them out when you get your bib. If there are corrals and you are in the back corrals, just try to get up as close to the front to give you some extra time. But as long as you're moving and not just wandering you'll be fine. So you'll have time for pics.:goodvibes

Did anyone see how crazy the lines were for the New Balance Shoes at the Marathon Expo on Facebook? I had planned for them selling them at the Tink but that looks nutz. I will be at the tink expo day 1 so maybe. Also hoping they have Tink Dooney and Burkes!

Question for you and anyone who does this. What do you do with your bib number when u where a long sleeve pullover over short sleeves? I know I'm going to want to run w long sleeves for at least a mile or two (looks like it will be 45-48 and dark for the 5-7am hours of the race), so how would I wear my number? On the ls and just take a moment to repin it to the tank later? I thought about wearing it on my shorts or skirt, but I've never done that and my shirts seem too long anyway. I'm not stopping for pics with characters but I wouldn't mind seeing the ones that they snap along the way. Advice?

I just put it on my bottom layer. They only need to see your bib to get into the race area and then you can pull your shirt up and show it. I ran a good mile or two at WDW and W&D like that before I threw my shirt.

Good morning fellow 'bells! For those of you who saw my post earlier this week, I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support and encouragement and advice (especially about the bib numbers/shirts). I'm so excited now for the race! I'm loving reading about marathon weekend this weekend at WDW, and I can't believe it will be our turn so soon.

Another question for veteran Tinker Bell runners - where do they usually have characters (and which are they) on the course? Are they in the parks only and if so, any ideas on where? I have heard about Peter Pan characters being out, and I think Lightening McQueen (might have to stop for that one for DS if it's not too long of a line) but who else?

Second question: in park bathrooms - at WDW, I tend to use the bathrooms in the parks when possible. But I could draw a map of WDW with precise accuracy. Not so with DL - any suggestions on which ones are good stopping places? The only one I can even name is the one across from Soarin. And I think there's one down by TSM/Screamin.

And will you all be wearing your medals in the park on Sunday????

Figment,

Are you in the FB group? Both the character list and bathroom maps are there. If you don't have FB ill copy and paste when I get home!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Figment,

Are you in the FB group? Both the character list and bathroom maps are there. If you don't have FB ill copy and paste when I get home!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm on FB (although admittedly not very active) but how do I find/join the group?

I am not going to make the run. Is there anyway to push my registration to next year?

I broke my foot last year in October. I thought I would be okay to still run it. I was swimming and cycling. My Dr. thought I would be okay, too. The defer date was something like December 30th. I had an appointment January 2nd with my Dr. Unfortunately, I was not able to participate - not even walk it. I did contact RunDisney and I even had my Dr. write a note that his office was closed during the Holidays and January 2nd was the first time for an evaluation appointment. No go! I did make them send me the race packet stuff. I lost out on only the registration fee. I cancelled my hotel and because I was injured early in October, I hadn't purchased my airfare or park tickets yet - waiting to see what happened.

Sorry for the bad news. There is always next year. Hugs!

Another question for veteran Tinker Bell runners - where do they usually have characters (and which are they) on the course? Are they in the parks only and if so, any ideas on where? I have heard about Peter Pan characters being out, and I think Lightening McQueen (might have to stop for that one for DS if it's not too long of a line) but who else?

Second question: in park bathrooms - at WDW, I tend to use the bathrooms in the parks when possible. But I could draw a map of WDW with precise accuracy. Not so with DL - any suggestions on which ones are good stopping places? The only one I can even name is the one across from Soarin. And I think there's one down by TSM/Screamin.

And will you all be wearing your medals in the park on Sunday????

I will definitely be wearing my medal in the park!!

This is the link for the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/160181437376064/

In case you don't have it, here's the list for text notifications: http://live.xacte.com/tinkerbell/alerts/

This list was compiled by the FB group's moderator, but is not official and was based on last year's experience:

TGIF! As requested, here is my personal list/locations of characters from LAST year.
START LINE is Minnie and Daisy
Mile 1.9 Just as you pass TOT on the right were Sully/Monsters.
Mile 2.25 coming down Rt66 at the end before a hard right were Mater and Lightning McQueen.
Mile 2.85 Just as we passed Ariel's Undersea Adventure on the right were Phineas and Ferb + Fireside Girls.
Mile 3.3 Just as we set foot on Main Street off to the left corner in front of the EMporium were Marry Poppins and Bert(Jolly Holiday on the Carousel Horse Bikes.)
Mile 3.35 In front of Main Street Photo Supply were Hook/SMEE/Pirates/Tink.
Mile 3.5 Tomorrowland Terrace/Jedi Academy were Darth Vader/Stormtroopers.
Mile 3.75 Just past Matterhorn and Before Small world is "Princess Row:" Merida, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.
Mile 4.3(Lyn's favorite) The Stables, my favorite horse is Caleb!
Mile 4.45 ToonTown in front of Goofy's house on the right were Clarabelle Cow and Clarice!
Mile 4.62 Either riding on or by King Arthur's Carousel were THE LOST BOYS!
Mile 4.65 Tucked in a dark corner next to the Castle Heraldry shop were PETER and WENDY!
Mile 4.7 on the far left just after coming out of the Castle were Aurora and Prince Philip.
Mile 4.8 POTC Jack Sparrow.
Finish Line: Minnie, Daisy, Chip and Dale.

And I am scrolling through the files for the bathroom maps - I will keep looking as I need them as well!

momto3gr8boys said:
I will definitely be wearing my medal in the park!!

This is the link for the FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/160181437376064/

In case you don't have it, here's the list for text notifications: http://live.xacte.com/tinkerbell/alerts/

This list was compiled by the FB group's moderator, but is not official and was based on last year's experience:

TGIF! As requested, here is my personal list/locations of characters from LAST year.
START LINE is Minnie and Daisy
Mile 1.9 Just as you pass TOT on the right were Sully/Monsters.
Mile 2.25 coming down Rt66 at the end before a hard right were Mater and Lightning McQueen.
Mile 2.85 Just as we passed Ariel's Undersea Adventure on the right were Phineas and Ferb + Fireside Girls.
Mile 3.3 Just as we set foot on Main Street off to the left corner in front of the EMporium were Marry Poppins and Bert(Jolly Holiday on the Carousel Horse Bikes.)
Mile 3.35 In front of Main Street Photo Supply were Hook/SMEE/Pirates/Tink.
Mile 3.5 Tomorrowland Terrace/Jedi Academy were Darth Vader/Stormtroopers.
Mile 3.75 Just past Matterhorn and Before Small world is "Princess Row:" Merida, Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.
Mile 4.3(Lyn's favorite) The Stables, my favorite horse is Caleb!
Mile 4.45 ToonTown in front of Goofy's house on the right were Clarabelle Cow and Clarice!
Mile 4.62 Either riding on or by King Arthur's Carousel were THE LOST BOYS!
Mile 4.65 Tucked in a dark corner next to the Castle Heraldry shop were PETER and WENDY!
Mile 4.7 on the far left just after coming out of the Castle were Aurora and Prince Philip.
Mile 4.8 POTC Jack Sparrow.
Finish Line: Minnie, Daisy, Chip and Dale.

And I am scrolling through the files for the bathroom maps - I will keep looking as I need them as well!

Thank you!!!

I hope we get a little frozen music love too, like the 10k WDW runners did today! :)

Here are the "real" bathroom areas that I can think of ~

Mile 1 & 9 3/4 at the corner of Harbor and Ball there's a Chevron Gas Station

My head can't picture the parks and the mileage exactly, but here are places w/ bathrooms along the course ~
  • Next to Flo's in Carsland (they'll usually let you stop in there)
  • Screamin/TSMM like mentioned
  • Just past Little Mermaid there is a side street done like San Francisco, 1's there on the side street
  • Soarin like mentioned
  • DCA Entrance on your left
  • DL Entrance on left at City Hall, there's a small 1 on the right by the ATMs and Disney Gallery but don't kow if it's open.
  • When we backtrack by the Castle and the Matterhorn just after Alice there is 1 on your right.
  • In Tomorrowland, there's 1 past Autopia that I've seen them let people use ~ it's on the way the to the train stop.
  • As we come out of Toon Town there is the Fantasyland Theatre, there's 1 there, don't know if it's open.
  • Right before Fantasyland changes into Frontierland, there's 1 on your left between Casey Jr. Train and the Village Haus restaurant.
  • In Critter Country there is a Hungry Bear Restaraunt and it's in the lower part of the restaurant.
  • In DTD, there are 2 that I can think of, but can't remember if we're fenced in and you won't be able to get in/out but they are by the Wetzle's Pretzles on your right and after the Lego Store on your left.

There might be 1 or 2 more, but my brain isn't functioning right now for some reason. :goodvibes

Hi Tinks :) Hope you don't mind a new poster here! I am in need of a pep talk. This year's Tink will be my 2nd half ever -- I did last year's Tink and had so much fun. On 12/31, though, some guy plowed through a red light and hit our car, leaving some really bad bruises on my right leg/calf. The left one is healing really well, thankfully, but the right...not pretty. The doc said *maybe* I could walk the race, no guarantees. I am in corral D -- hoping that my injured walking pace will keep me from being swept (I am usually around a 13:30 with my run/walk).

I also am signed up to do Princess in February at WDW, so I don't want to wreck my chances for that, but I also really want the coast-to-coast medal... So talk me up, help me with any tips please? I wore compression sleeves on my legs last year -- any idea whether those would be good with bruises?

Hi Tinks :) Hope you don't mind a new poster here! I am in need of a pep talk. This year's Tink will be my 2nd half ever -- I did last year's Tink and had so much fun. On 12/31, though, some guy plowed through a red light and hit our car, leaving some really bad bruises on my right leg/calf. The left one is healing really well, thankfully, but the right...not pretty. The doc said *maybe* I could walk the race, no guarantees. I am in corral D -- hoping that my injured walking pace will keep me from being swept (I am usually around a 13:30 with my run/walk).

I also am signed up to do Princess in February at WDW, so I don't want to wreck my chances for that, but I also really want the coast-to-coast medal... So talk me up, help me with any tips please? I wore compression sleeves on my legs last year -- any idea whether those would be good with bruises?

Oh no! Hope it heals fast! :hug: For corrals ~ I would try to get as close to the front as possible to give even a little more cushion in front of the sweepers.

As for compression sleeves, they might help. I'm thinking that w/ your calves compressed there is a slightly less impact on the bruises. :confused3 Another thing to try is the KT Tape Pro. You can pick it up at Sports Authorityfor $20 (& in different colors) and they have a booth at the expo and people who will tape for you. If you're not familiar w/ the tape, it's the long strips that you see on athletes on their arms or backs and in races you'll see it on runners' shins for shin splints and things like that. I was told that the tape kind of lifts your skin a bit so that blood can flow more frequently to aid in injuries and things like that. Sounds weird, but it really feels like a piece of tape on your skin. I use it a lot and I think it helps me. They also have a regular KT Tape that is $12-15, but I've found that the pro works better on me and stays on longer; even in the shower for a few days.

And for the fun park of the weekend.. the parks ~ just read on the DL side and on MiceChat that Thunder Mountain construction is going along well and they might be testing starting Wednesday!! :yay: Pixie dust and fingers crossed we get to be some testers!! I'm ready for that ride to OPEN already :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter