• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Sick with a cold. I swear this has been one of the most problematic trainings for a race I've had in a long time. On top of that it's snowing (not Hercules separate system here in Colorado) outside and the snowplows never plow our apartment complex. So to get to the threadmills I have to walk through a few inches of snow. Worry about slipping on the ice. Just to go run. On top of feeling miserable all ready. Probably going to go tomorrow anyway since I've all ready missed so many training runs because of everything else.

In love with the Cinderella shoes. Just have to see if they are wide enough for my foot. Otherwise I will opt for the Mickey shoes again this year (well this year's version).

Anyone have any idea if it would affect the ability to track my legacy status for Tink if my city is misspelled on my waiver? Who do I even contact to update that? I tried calling the RunDisney number and got fax machine noises.

As that is not an official Run Disney site, I would assume it was just a typo. WDW has Everest Challenge in May and I doubt they would take away the Tink from DL.

It actually has been moved. The announcement was made on December 4. Here is a link to it.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...d-rundisney-on-the-move-at-disneyland-resort/

Just a side note, anything being posted on Patty's website you can count on it being verified. She is always in the know. :love:

It actually has been moved. The announcement was made on December 4. Here is a link to it. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/12/tinker-bell-half-marathon-weekend-and-rundisney-on-the-move-at-disneyland-resort/ Just a side note, anything being posted on Patty's website you can count on it being verified. She is always in the know. :love:

Yeah but that video never says anything about it removing resorts just dates. So I think we are okay with it sticking to Disneyland. Or at least I hope so. I would like to keep my legacy status without suddenly having to fly to Florida now instead of California!

Yeah but that video never says anything about it removing resorts just dates. So I think we are okay with it sticking to Disneyland. Or at least I hope so. I would like to keep my legacy status without suddenly having to fly to Florida now instead of California!

Oops, sorry. I didn't catch that you meant resorts. I thought you meant dates. :)

Anyone have any idea if it would affect the ability to track my legacy status for Tink if my city is misspelled on my waiver? Who do I even contact to update that? I tried calling the RunDisney number and got fax machine noises.

I would try contacting track shack and seeing if they can help you. Start with this email and hopefully someone can point you in the right direction.

disneysports@trackshack.com

It actually has been moved. The announcement was made on December 4. Here is a link to it. http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/12/tinker-bell-half-marathon-weekend-and-rundisney-on-the-move-at-disneyland-resort/ Just a side note, anything being posted on Patty's website you can count on it being verified. She is always in the know. :love:
They moved the date of Tink to May, but it is still at Disneyland. I believe Patty mentioned that in the comments on her blog. :)

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to see what corral they are in for the 10k. Also how early do you have to be at the race? I have never ran a disneyland race and I am not a runner.

I haven't found any corrals yet for the 10k. But if it's like the DL 10k, there'll be the same lettered corrals as the 1/2, so A-E. It looks like the bib #'s start at 20000 so 1000 in every corral I'm guessing? And if that works out that way, look at your bib# on your waiver and you can guesstimate it from there. :confused3

If you can't get through on the phone, and being WDW week you most likely won't this week, but when you go to pick up your bib downstairs at the expo, all the way to the right of the bib area for the 1/2 will be a runners problems/info type booth. They will be able to fix it there, but I'd think legacy gets tracked by name not city just in case you move.

I was going to call and make reservations this week for dinner for Friday night if anyone's interested. If people are interested, does Naples in DTD work for pasta? Let me know so I can get a head count.

Also meet-up...? Does Sat. afternoon work for people? Like 3:30 or 4?

I haven't found any corrals yet for the 10k. But if it's like the DL 10k, there'll be the same lettered corrals as the 1/2, so A-E. It looks like the bib #'s start at 20000 so 1000 in every corral I'm guessing? And if that works out that way, look at your bib# on your waiver and you can guesstimate it from there. :confused3

If you can't get through on the phone, and being WDW week you most likely won't this week, but when you go to pick up your bib downstairs at the expo, all the way to the right of the bib area for the 1/2 will be a runners problems/info type booth. They will be able to fix it there, but I'd think legacy gets tracked by name not city just in case you move.

I was going to call and make reservations this week for dinner for Friday night if anyone's interested. If people are interested, does Naples in DTD work for pasta? Let me know so I can get a head count.

Also meet-up...? Does Sat. afternoon work for people? Like 3:30 or 4?
Just. Reminder you can book online too now for dining at DL. I booked all mine for Tink a month or so ago!

I haven't found any corrals yet for the 10k. But if it's like the DL 10k, there'll be the same lettered corrals as the 1/2, so A-E. It looks like the bib #'s start at 20000 so 1000 in every corral I'm guessing? And if that works out that way, look at your bib# on your waiver and you can guesstimate it from there. :confused3 If you can't get through on the phone, and being WDW week you most likely won't this week, but when you go to pick up your bib downstairs at the expo, all the way to the right of the bib area for the 1/2 will be a runners problems/info type booth. They will be able to fix it there, but I'd think legacy gets tracked by name not city just in case you move. I was going to call and make reservations this week for dinner for Friday night if anyone's interested. If people are interested, does Naples in DTD work for pasta? Let me know so I can get a head count. Also meet-up...? Does Sat. afternoon work for people? Like 3:30 or 4?

There is a large group meeting up at Apricot Lane Boutique at 4:00 on Saturday with a dinner to follow at Naples. All of the info is on the FB group page.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

There is a large group meeting up at Apricot Lane Boutique at 4:00 on Saturday with a dinner to follow at Naples. All of the info is on the FB group page. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What's the name/link to the FB page? I'm traveling solo so a meetup would be awesome :)

The ride share isn't bad. Unfortunately they like to fill the van, so it might be a little packed until the first stop. On all the times I've taken it from Orange County to disneyland, I've only had one or two people not go to the hotels directly around the parks. I've been the last drop off from a full van and it only added 15-20 mins (vs a taxi).

Can anyone post a link to the service you're using to book the ride share, please? Thanks so much!

There is a large group meeting up at Apricot Lane Boutique at 4:00 on Saturday with a dinner to follow at Naples. All of the info is on the FB group page.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Can I get a link to the group? I would like to join I am a solo traveler, and I see Naples has gluten free offerings :). So if you have room for one more ;) I'd like to crash and have dinner companions :D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter