Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Numbness in your foot .....:( I hope it improves for you.

I wanted to try things out and finally got on the treadmill with a compression knee sleeve thing and was able to walk fast for about 15 without any problems so far. I did NOT want to over do it. But will try again tomorrow and really put some time & miles in. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes! Definitely dont over do it!

My PT thinks the numbness might be my sciatic and I think she might be right. I'll see her next week.

They posted video of the new shoes from New Balance. They look neat but I want to see in person first. Looks like they have kid sizes in at least the Mickey and Minnie design. I think youngest will be disappointed to not get Cinderella but oldsest already in Women sizes will have a choice of either design. Already assuming I will be paying for shoes.

They posted video of the new shoes from New Balance. They look neat but I want to see in person first. Looks like they have kid sizes in at least the Mickey and Minnie design. I think youngest will be disappointed to not get Cinderella but oldsest already in Women sizes will have a choice of either design. Already assuming I will be paying for shoes.

I really like the Cinderella ones. I'm going to go to a running store around here and try that shoe version on so I go to the expo knowing what size I'll need. I had hope for a moment when I read the parks blog that there would be special assistance for getting the shoes, but the special tips on the runDisney site are "get to the expo in the morning the first day!"
I just wish Disney let you preorder the shoes. And official merchandise. And the Dooney and Burkes. It makes no sense to me why they make it so difficult for people to give them money.

I personally have always done Super Shuttle and not the Disneyland Resort Express. I think with the Disneyland one, you're on a bigger bus and it has a route of hotels to stop at along with way. With the Super Shuttle, you're in a passenger van, and it stops at multiple hotels, but they seem to group people together so all the hotels are in the same vicinity. Someone else who has actually used the Disneyland Express might want to chime in, though.

Do you know how many people they usually put in the Super Shuttles? I know that the hotels near to DL are pretty close by so I wouldn't think it takes up too much time dropping a bunch of people off, but I have no experience to speak of. DH and I are staying at the Grand Californian, but have no plans for the evening we arrive other than to get to sleep early and try to stay on east coast time. We're arriving at 4pm California time, so I figure as long as I'm checked into the hotel by 6:30ish, I'm good. I know we're going to hit traffic, but do you think it would take more than 2 1/2 hours from landing at LAX to getting to GCH via shared super shuttle?

I was looking on Mousesavers and saw two different shuttle companies- the Super Shuttle and the Disneyland Resort Express. Anyone have experience with either one? The Disneyland one is a few bucks more expensive, but I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if it got me into the parks that much faster- does anyone know if one is better than the other?

Coupon code for the Super Shuttle if you need it ~ UYR59. I've always used SS and haven't had any problems w/ them. I did see a thread in the DL side of the forum that people were told different prices than other people in their van w/ the DE, but I've never used them before.

Do you know how many people they usually put in the Super Shuttles? I know that the hotels near to DL are pretty close by so I wouldn't think it takes up too much time dropping a bunch of people off, but I have no experience to speak of. DH and I are staying at the Grand Californian, but have no plans for the evening we arrive other than to get to sleep early and try to stay on east coast time. We're arriving at 4pm California time, so I figure as long as I'm checked into the hotel by 6:30ish, I'm good. I know we're going to hit traffic, but do you think it would take more than 2 1/2 hours from landing at LAX to getting to GCH via shared super shuttle?

The SS usually picks up around 10 people. But w/ the LAX SS, if the van isn't full, they drive around the pick-up spots a couple of times before they take off. The 1 time I did DL through LAX, it was about an hour, so I would hope that 2 1/2 getting in at 4 would be a good estimate, but it is LA traffic and anything can happen. We drove down a couple of weeks ago and it took us almost 3 hours to get from Dodger Stadium, which is just north of downtown to DL. It was a Friday afternoon, but we hit Dodger Stadium around 3pm. Usually it's about an hour w/ no traffic.

Only 2 more weeks! :banana:

Thanks! I'm been looking at everyone's rates and the shuttles seem to be the best way to go- money saved on airport transportation is money to spend at the expo, right?!
I was looking on Mousesavers and saw two different shuttle companies- the Super Shuttle and the Disneyland Resort Express. Anyone have experience with either one? The Disneyland one is a few bucks more expensive, but I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if it got me into the parks that much faster- does anyone know if one is better than the other?

I usually use the Disneyland Resort Express, and seem to recall that it stops at the Disneyland Hotel first, and my husband and I chose to get off there and walk over to the Grand Californian rather than wait for them to continue on the rest of the drop-off loop.

There's a $5 off per person coupon for the Disneyland Express here: http://anaheimoc.org/coupon/save-5-person-disneyland-resort-express

Erin

Coupon code for the Super Shuttle if you need it ~ UYR59. I've always used SS and haven't had any problems w/ them. I did see a thread in the DL side of the forum that people were told different prices than other people in their van w/ the DE, but I've never used them before.

Thank you for this! I just booked my shuttle to my sisters apartment! Staying at her place the night I arrive (she will be on vacation when I get to LA).

Heads up Momma and Poppa Tinks!! Someone on a fb group I belong to pointed out that on the Run Disney page they changed the time of the kids races on Saturday. Instead of 10am it's now at 9:30.

Heads up Momma and Poppa Tinks!! Someone on a fb group I belong to pointed out that on the Run Disney page they changed the time of the kids races on Saturday. Instead of 10am it's now at 9:30.

I wonder if that is race start or when they want us over there. This is our first time with kids races does anyone know how long it usually takes? Will be in parks by lunch?

Does anyone have a picture of the 5k finisher metal?

If you look at the program and the 5k course map or the schedule of other races on the covers of the program, there's the pic of Wendy, Michael and John in front of Big Ben, that'll be the medal. Sorry for no image, I couldn't figured out how to cut the photo from the program. :goodvibes

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup2 Can't be late for the kids races.

Ok I have some questions about the super shuttle.

1. Can you get it out of orange county airport?

2. Do you have to reserve in advance?

3. Where do you go to get to this shuttle?

4. Is it cheaper than taxi?

I booked it out of SNA. It was 9 each way with the code for a total of $18. I will tip the driver myself but you can choose to pay that in advance too.

I did the ride share. They allow 9 people in the van. This will be the first time I have ever done the ride share. I use this service out of LAX all the time for private car service. I figure I get in at 9 pm so I may not have to share my ride.

Ok I have some questions about the super shuttle. 1. Can you get it out of orange county airport? 2. Do you have to reserve in advance? 3. Where do you go to get to this shuttle? 4. Is it cheaper than taxi?
1. Yes
2. I prefer to reserve in advance. Print your confirmation and just show it to them.
3. After you get your bags, head outside to the taxi area. There's a lane for taxis, cross that to get to the super shuttle area. You'll be able to see the vans behind the taxis.
4. From Orange County, a taxi usually costs me ~ $40. Super shuttle is $10.
Hope this helps! :)

I booked it out of SNA. It was 9 each way with the code for a total of $18. I will tip the driver myself but you can choose to pay that in advance too. I did the ride share. They allow 9 people in the van. This will be the first time I have ever done the ride share. I use this service out of LAX all the time for private car service. I figure I get in at 9 pm so I may not have to share my ride.

The ride share isn't bad. Unfortunately they like to fill the van, so it might be a little packed until the first stop. On all the times I've taken it from Orange County to disneyland, I've only had one or two people not go to the hotels directly around the parks. I've been the last drop off from a full van and it only added 15-20 mins (vs a taxi).

I had an official race night mare last night. I didn't have any for wine and dine, so I guess I was due. I packed all sorts of clothes that didn't fit me or were wrong (like too warm for the temps), and then at a "pre-race warm up run" that was being held night before (totally fictional) some guy stole my shoes and wouldn't give them back. So weird but I guess it came from my crappy run last night coupled with my stark realization that I made plans for next weekend forgetting that I should probably be concentrating on packing instead.

It's getting so close! Yeah!!!

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to see what corral they are in for the 10k. Also how early do you have to be at the race? I have never ran a disneyland race and I am not a runner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter