Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

This December? Proof of time was due 11/1.... So it would not be included in your registration, right ?

That had been my concern, too, but apparently it's just the change for proof of time that they don't accept after Nov. 1. I'm guessing if you sign up after that date you still get placed according to your proof of time. I registered Nov. 25 and am in corral C! Whoo hoo!:cool1:

That had been my concern, too, but apparently it's just the change for proof of time that they don't accept after Nov. 1. I'm guessing if you sign up after that date you still get placed according to your proof of time. I registered Nov. 25 and am in corral C! Whoo hoo!:cool1:
Glad to hear that :)
One thing about Disney or even rD... You cant figure out why they do what the do. ( like moving Tink to mothers a day, yuck!)

Glad to hear that :)
One thing about Disney or even rD... You cant figure out why they do what the do. ( like moving Tink to mothers a day, yuck!)

I now, right?! That's why I was so curious about how it all was going to fall. Because I know that what I think makes sense and what rD thinks makes sense are two very different things!

I Like that :) And I shouldn't complain! Your injury is way worse than mine! If you can have a good attitude about it, I certainly should!

With the power of Pixie dust.......I'm TRYING to have a good attitude as I hobble around.

What corral are you in ??

I just wanted to jump on and say how excited I am for this race. I feel like total yuck today from my cold and I haven't run since my long run last Saturday but after watching the Disney parks parade yesterday morning I'm even more excited than ever for tink and princess!

It's so hard not to push myself to run today but we are already late leaving to visit family and I still feel sick. Hopefully I will feel better enough to run tomorrow or Saturday and won't have lost too much fitness.

Hope all those injured are taking care and everyone else is still hanging in there. Only 3.5 more weeks to go!

Checkin in! I was doing really great with my training until last Saturday. I woke up on Saturday feeling thick headed so I didn't go for a run, just took it easy, and woke up with a fever on Sunday. Ive been taking it easy this week, and I will rest this weekend then start back up on Tuesday. I am hoping this bug hasn't taken too much energy out of me. I got placed in corral C so i would really like to finish in the predicted time frame. Gonna try and squeeze in at least one or two more long runs prior to race day.

I finally got a run in today. Haven't run since India between my legs and the medicine (I had a resurgence of jelly legs while I was in California, why I don't know it wasn't like I was still on the same medicine I had a reaction too!) and everything. But I finally hit the threadmill this evening for a short 3 miler. Wasn't much and my brain wanted to quit before we hit the half way point. But at least I got it in and managed to keep it below 16 min/mile pace!

Just a relief to be back and running again. Threadmill is always a tricky thing and I wish I had a better time handling winter weather here or I would do outdoor running.

Also there is the problem that my quickest run is one giant hill. So unless I want to drive somewhere or do a hill run I am stuck running indoors.

Is anyone traveling solo? I will be traveling solo :/. Looking for dinner/ride/exploring buddies. This is my first trip to DL.

Woo hoo I was able to RUN 3.1 miles this morning! It wasn't great, but I did it with only minor discomfort. I'm classifying the pain now as simply stiffness as opposed to real injury. :lmao: We're expecting a heat wave here and could get up to almost 40 degrees tomorrow :banana: so DD and I are hopefully going to be able able to head out and do 6 miles outside tomorrow! Haven't been able to run outside since Thanksgiving.....injury day..DUH DUH DUN!!! After rest and therapy, i've only gotten up to 4 miles since then. Luckily Tink isn't my 1st half, but still.....I'd really like to get up a bit more in the next few weeks. nothing like running 19.3 miles fresh off an injury!

Been a while since I've been on here. I believe I will be in corral A. I am traveling solo to this race. I will be running my 13 tomorrow and I am super stoked! This race will not be a PR for me though :( I had to take a month down end october-end novemebr due to medical issues. I am hoping to bring in a time near or just under the 2 hour mark. Speed work up to the race should hopefully get me there!

Anyone have any reccomendations for restaurant reservations since this is my first time out to DL? Any group gatherings I can maybe sneak in on?

How are you guys getting your bib numbers? I sign into active and it says I am not authorized to see my race registration :/. I'd like to give my registration info to my family before I leave if it is available.

How are you guys getting your bib numbers? I sign into active and it says I am not authorized to see my race registration :/. I'd like to give my registration info to my family before I leave if it is available.

Go to the runDisney site and you can download your waiver. It will be on the bottom of that, and then you can check your corral after you have your number.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's getting so close!!

A training question -- I'm doing Galloway, but had to modify a little bit, which put me behind schedule. I am doing 11.5 miles today. I want to get in 13 miles before the race. But, is it better to do the 13 next weekend (so, back-to-back long runs) or to skip it and not have that many miles so close together (and,thus, have my longest run be 11.5) -- I wouldn't want to do it the following weekend (the one after next) bc that would be in "taper zone". Basically, here's what my question "looks" like ;)

12/28: 11 miles
1/4: 13 miles? Shorter run?
1/11: short/taper run
Race weekend

littlesparkler said:
It's getting so close!!

A training question -- I'm doing Galloway, but had to modify a little bit, which put me behind schedule. I am doing 11.5 miles today. I want to get in 13 miles before the race. But, is it better to do the 13 next weekend (so, back-to-back long runs) or to skip it and not have that many miles so close together (and,thus, have my longest run be 11.5) -- I wouldn't want to do it the following weekend (the one after next) bc that would be in "taper zone". Basically, here's what my question "looks" like ;)

12/28: 11 miles
1/4: 13 miles? Shorter run?
1/11: short/taper run
Race weekend

Hmmmm. This is a good question. Part of it depends on what and when your last long run was before today? If it was last weekend and was around 9 or 10, you could make this weekend shorter and do 11-12 next weekend. If it was two weeks ago and last weeks run was only 4-6 miles, I think I would do maybe 10.5 today and then in about 10 days do 12-12.5 (or even 11.5) and then shorten my taper period from 2 weeks to a week and a half.

What do most people do about going to the parks?
We plan on doing Disneyland on the 17th, then my son is doing the kid's race on the 18th, then of course Tink is the 19th. We want to do California Adventure on either the 18th (where we'd start late, given the kid's race) or 19th (where I might be exhausted). Is it better to go the day before the race or the day of the race? We've been to both parks, so it's not like we're plugging through trying to do it all. And, it's CA, so it's not a whole lot of walking. I know a lot of you have done it, so I'm curious what the experts prefer! lol

What do most people do about going to the parks? We plan on doing Disneyland on the 17th, then my son is doing the kid's race on the 18th, then of course Tink is the 19th. We want to do California Adventure on either the 18th (where we'd start late, given the kid's race) or 19th (where I might be exhausted). Is it better to go the day before the race or the day of the race? We've been to both parks, so it's not like we're plugging through trying to do it all. And, it's CA, so it's not a whole lot of walking. I know a lot of you have done it, so I'm curious what the experts prefer! lol
as much as you don't want to, get out and walk around a park after the race. My normal disneyland or world half routine is finish, go back and clean up, ice, sit around for about 30 minutes then go walk around. You will feel so much better the next day. If I don't get out and move I will lock up and look like Frankenstein.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter