Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

What was the weather like for the last Tinks? Just curious...

It's been in the 60s the last two years if my memory isn't going too wacky on that. Usually sunny but not overly hot. Actually had someone I ran into the hotel elevator last year complain it was too cold. Having come from Colorado where it's 30s and 40s and sometimes 50s where I am in January usually I remember I had to resist the temptation to give him a look that said 'Where the heck are you from?'

Do wonder where the guy came from to have 60 degree weather be too cold! Maybe somewhere south of the equator? I didn't notice any accent on him at the time. But than again I was also tired .

It's been in the 60s the last two years if my memory isn't going too wacky on that. Usually sunny but not overly hot. Actually had someone I ran into the hotel elevator last year complain it was too cold. Having come from Colorado where it's 30s and 40s and sometimes 50s where I am in January usually I remember I had to resist the temptation to give him a look that said 'Where the heck are you from?'

Do wonder where the guy came from to have 60 degree weather be too cold! Maybe somewhere south of the equator? I didn't notice any accent on him at the time. But than again I was also tired .

LOL! :rotfl2: Yeah, 60 in January... it's hard to call that cold! I'm from Colorado, also. Western front. We are pretty cold here! Fortunately, after negative temps, tomorrow will be 30ish for my run! :banana:

We'll instead of going out for a run I decided to get my x-country skis our and put some mile on them. I forgot how fun/crazy work out it is. We had snow all day here so it seemed like a better choice then getting my feet wet. Roads/sidewalks weren't clear enough yet.

Courtney

Does anyone know anything about the kids' races? My son is doing the 400 meter. Will there be characters there to take pics with? Are there a lot of kids? I'm just curious about what to expect. He's sooooo excited!

Does anyone know anything about the kids' races? My son is doing the 400 meter. Will there be characters there to take pics with? Are there a lot of kids? I'm just curious about what to expect. He's sooooo excited!

Yes there are a lot of kids. The characters are at the finish line. I must say that some kid races seem to be better organized than others. Our mouseketeer is also doing the 400 meter. The kids go in groups with the 100 meter going first, than the 200 meter and then the 400. They also seem to go in waves, not too many at a time and it does take awhile. I swear the 200 meter kids are so quicker than the 400--must be due to the distance. DH usually goes with our mouseketeer while I'm on the side line with the camera. Spectator spots fill up quickly so get there early. After the race the kids go through and pick up their goodie snack box and a chance for official finish photos. Hope this helps. :)

Was it already in the 60's at 5:00 am at the start of the race? Just trying to figure out if it starts out colder and I need to take throw away layers.

Was it already in the 60's at 5:00 am at the start of the race? Just trying to figure out if it starts out colder and I need to take throw away layers.

I don't know what the temperature was, but, to me, it was cold... I was cold.

I did notice, though, that nearly everyone else was not layered up. So, perhaps, they weren't cold, or maybe those with costumes didn't want to cover them up.

Anaheim has been seeing low temperatures in the lower 40's this month.

Myself, unless it is warm when I leave the hotel for the race, I wear throw away layers, a hat, and gloves. After learning the hard way (the cold way), I now enjoy the pre-race waiting around much more :thumbsup2

Hope your training is going well :)

I am usually really cold all the time. Tink last year was perfect to me. I had short sleeves and a skirt but wore arm sleeves and calf sleeves so I was mostly covered. No jacket needed. About half way through I pushed my arm sleeves down even.

Think it was mid 50s at start, 60s at my finish 3.5 hrs later.

From what I remember yeah it was 60s at the start. As for the layers I can't say since it varies from runner to runner. 50s-60s is perfect running weather for me and I am usually out in short sleeved shirt and shirt. Or in the case of Tink, that plus a slip over Sparkle skirt and wings. I don't need extra layers for that kind of weather. But if you are used to year around warmer weather or something than sure pack warmer layers for the start and for the first bit. It's usually dark outside for the first mile or two:

I believe the weather was cooler than 60 degrees at the 5:00 am start. I honestly think it was more in the upper 40's low 50's and maybe it did hit 60 when most people were finishing.

I believe the weather was cooler than 60 degrees at the 5:00 am start. I honestly think it was more in the upper 40's low 50's and maybe it did hit 60 when most people were finishing.

checked my garmin stats and it says 50 degrees. I'm assuming that's at the start.

Hi guys- if I'm staying at paradise pier what time do you think I need to make my way out to the corrals? I think it's a 5:00 start? I stayed offsite for the DL 1/2 and I got there crazy early.... I usually only need 30 minutes for warm up/stretching. Thx!

Lol 4:30. You literally walk out the front door and you are in the corrals! If you need 30 min you don't have to go out until 4:30.

Okay obviously I am having a bit of memory problems with the race weather. I was just trying to go off of what I remembered. And my memory has been a bit wacky this weekend with the medicine so yeah. And my garmin doesn't record the weather like longhorns2 so I'm going off mmeory here.

Well, I'm back from my break! First day back...rest day. :) But I got my new shoes today (Mizuno Sayonaras) and I'm hoping they work out and I can come back injury free!

I'm not totally sure. I went to the corrals with a throw away sweatshirt over my clothes. I was running in capris and a short sleeve shirt and calf sleeves. I ditched my sweatshirt before we even hit the 1st mile marker and was comfortable, if not a touch warm, the rest of the race.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter