Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

I only registered Nov. 25, so I wonder if that has something to do with it- maybe I'm not done processing. None of the other people running with me that registered the same day names show up either. I'm just dying of curiosity because I know the corral change cut off was Nov. 1, but I don't know if that counts since I wasn't trying to change a corral after Nov. 1- I'm simply registered in the first place with a proof of time. Based on last's years corrals my time would have gotten me in B. I know everything is different this year anyway and I may end up in the last corral because of registering so late, but the suspense is killing me! Lol! :lmao:

I'm in nearly the same position--registered in early Dec., not showing up and neither are any of the people I am running with, etc.

I hadn't even considered the possibility that we might end up in the last corral for signing up so late :(

I'm in nearly the same position--registered in early Dec., not showing up and neither are any of the people I am running with, etc. I hadn't even considered the possibility that we might end up in the last corral for signing up so late :(

I don't think when you registered because I've registered via charity before in October and gotten the corral I wanted (D last year). Hell I registered for the Disneyland half pretty late (July I think) one year via charity and got the corral I want. So when you registered shouldn't affect your corral placement. Only your proof of time. If you didn't have proof of time, than you might be in the last corral:

I don't think when you registered because I've registered via charity before in October and gotten the corral I wanted (D last year). Hell I registered for the Disneyland half pretty late (July I think) one year via charity and got the corral I want. So when you registered shouldn't affect your corral placement. Only your proof of time. If you didn't have proof of time, than you might be in the last corral:

Great, thanks! :) I did submit proof of time that estimated my 1/2 marathon finish around 2:10, and my friends that are running, I think they might have a 2:35 estimate? If we end up in different corrals, they let the people in the "faster" corral move back to be with friends, right? You can move back, you just can't move forward?

Great, thanks! :) I did submit proof of time that estimated my 1/2 marathon finish around 2:10, and my friends that are running, I think they might have a 2:35 estimate? If we end up in different corrals, they let the people in the "faster" corral move back to be with friends, right? You can move back, you just can't move forward?

Since you have proof you'll end up in one of the earlier corrals (don't ask me which all I know is D <2:45 normally). Your friends should be back maybe a corral or two from you with their estimated time I think as long as they put a proof down.

And yeah you can move back just not forward.

Sorry if I'm sounding a bit repetitive here. Medicine is messing with me a bit.

Just contacted GetTravel to cancel my room reservation for the Grand Californian. Really sad to have to do that, but my husband recently had an unexpected medical emergency and we are lower on funds than we planned. So, if you were looking to get a room at the GC, there's one available now. :(

Kim--Have a great time !!!!!
We were down over the weekend for Candlelight. Don't forget the DL candy canes. We were able to get two. :banana: But I did have to sprint from the entrance gate to the Candy Palace. Everyone was running....so that was my training last weekend. :lmao:

Thanks! We leave tomorrow, but no park until Sat. But that's ok, b/c AMC has Saving Mr. Banks, so we're going to see that tomorrow night. I thought that would be kinda cool, especially since we're down there. Then the Disney nerd in me can walk around DL to see what they changed/didn't to make the park look older. :goodvibes I got a coupon for a free Earl's Sandwich, but it expired beginning of Jan and since I didn't think I was going I trashed it! :headache: Lol! I'm curious about the lines for the Candy Canes. I was there last year, but was in the opposite park each morning when they did them so didn't see how long they were.

You too?? Mine wasn't a surprise but Ill be down there this weekend too!

Yay! :mickeyjum:tinker: I think my body will go into shock w/ the weather there this weekend! I have to break out the shorts. :rotfl:

Have a great weekend everyone and good luck on training. Only 5 more weeks!!!

Thanks! We leave tomorrow, but no park until Sat. But that's ok, b/c AMC has Saving Mr. Banks, so we're going to see that tomorrow night. I thought that would be kinda cool, especially since we're down there. Then the Disney nerd in me can walk around DL to see what they changed/didn't to make the park look older. :goodvibes I got a coupon for a free Earl's Sandwich, but it expired beginning of Jan and since I didn't think I was going I trashed it! :headache: Lol! I'm curious about the lines for the Candy Canes. I was there last year, but was in the opposite park each morning when they did them so didn't see how long they were.

The lines were long. We were in line about 45 min before DL opened and we were surrounded by candy cane people. I would definitely try a go for it at DCA on Saturday. You figure most people will be heading towards CL and will pass up Trolley treats. Good luck and have fun !!

I got the Final Event Packet for travel from GET Travel. Getting closer! Anyone getting their park tickets shipped. I need to decide soon. We arrive right in between being able to pick them up at the ESPN Zone (10AM) and the Expo(2pm). Early morning heading from East coast, I think we'd rather head right into the parks and hit the expo closer to 6. Hang out at the Hotel since we will still be on East coast time and very tired. What do you guys think?

Have to switch my long run day this weekend due to snow. It will be too cold for this! At least I'll get it over with by tomorrow morning. I only have 1 other really long training run and the rest are x800 sprints or as I call it slightly faster running.

I did get my bib using the link. Mine is 1215 and my DH is 2547 so assuming men are in C as highest that should give a clue on Corrals! I am also at the 2 hour mark for expected time. I was really hoping for an A! My only chance at it as we usually run WDW and the fields are sooo huge I am usually in B for princess and about C/D for co-ed races.

I believe that if you want the tickets shipped to you the deadline is around December 18th. If you are going to pick them up at the Expo, the deadline is January 7th.

What is the deal with picking them up at ESPN?

I believe that if you want the tickets shipped to you the deadline is around December 18th. If you are going to pick them up at the Expo, the deadline is January 7th.

What is the deal with picking them up at ESPN?

The GET Travel will have information and tickets available at the ESPN Zone on

Wednesday January 15th 8am-7pm
Thrusday January 16th 8am-10am

So you can still pick up park tickets if you arrive prior to Thursday packet pick up.

After that you will have to go to the Disneyland Hotel for everything.

This information is from the Final Event Packet I recieved in a link via email last night. If you booked a package with them you might want to look for it.

Mines fairly different and I used the same proof of time so I'm confused. Oh well. Last year I was 4673 and this year I'm 5966.

Last year my bib was 5540, this year it's 5965. I also used the same proof of time. Not sure what magic formula they use for placement. LOL

I do hope they use more corrals this year. I think I'd rather be in E or F if there are fewer folks. I think the craziest sight is looking back toward Ketella as you just get to the start line. SO MANY RUNNERS!

Last year my bib was 5540, this year it's 5965. I also used the same proof of time. Not sure what magic formula they use for placement. LOL

I do hope they use more corrals this year. I think I'd rather be in E or F if there are fewer folks. I think the craziest sight is looking back toward Ketella as you just get to the start line. SO MANY RUNNERS!

May I ask what your estimated finish time was, based on your proof of time? My info isn't coming up when I check that site (though I did get a confirmation email from Active.com--but I only signed up a little over a week ago) so I was just trying to get an idea of where I might be placed. My proof of time estimates finish around 2:10.

I"m a dork and I think its cool are bibs are one number apart ;)

May I ask what your estimated finish time was, based on your proof of time? My info isn't coming up when I check that site (though I did get a confirmation email from Active.com--but I only signed up a little over a week ago) so I was just trying to get an idea of where I might be placed. My proof of time estimates finish around 2:10.

My proof of time estimes a finish of 2:45.

After four hours at the doctor's office. I am finally off of the medicine that my body is throwing hissy fits over. Now I just got to wait for it to cycle out of my system and with it the effects. Which means I'm stuck feeling like crap for the next couple of days but only for a couple more.

This sucks because I was supposed to meet with my trainer tomorrow so he could evaluate my form. But he can't do that when I'm relying on a cane to keep me balanced when I'm walking!

I leave for CA on Wednesday too so we might have to schedule for an odd time (doctor's appointment and some Disney time) once I'm up too it. Which should be Monday or Tuesday. As long as nothing else comes up. Good lord have I had my fair share of problems with training this race.

I"m a dork and I think its cool are bibs are one number apart ;)

My proof of time estimes a finish of 2:45.

I thought it was kinda cool too. My time was also 2:44. I love to shave off some of that, but I don't think that going to happen this race.

Last year my bib was 5540, this year it's 5965. I also used the same proof of time. Not sure what magic formula they use for placement. LOL I do hope they use more corrals this year. I think I'd rather be in E or F if there are fewer folks. I think the craziest sight is looking back toward Ketella as you just get to the start line. SO MANY RUNNERS!

I think the difference in numbers with same proof of time is just a reflection of maybe the field as a whole being faster this year, like maybe there are 400 more people with faster proof of time than you this year.

For reference, last year I was 3698 with a proof of time of 2:31. Incidentally, that will probably be the only time I am ever in Corral B, with the new smaller corrals starting this year.

This year, I am 3938 with a proof of time of 2:24. So, even though my time has improved, my bib number has actually gone up.

I am looking forward to smaller corrals. It really didn't make sense to group such a wide variety if paces together.

I made it 9.5 today before the cold forced me to call DH for a pick up. 14degrees with wind chill. I have had 4 cups of coffee a hot shower and still have a bit of a chill. Snow starting already. The bad part of signing up for January races! But count down is on and I am very excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter