Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

I heard the 10k at DL had some odd happenings.

I heard people were also taken off course in Dtd even

I saw that! When I was walking back to my hotel after the 10k, I saw the sweepers and golf cart picking people up in DTD. And it was right before the 6 mile marker at the overpass too! There was a girl right in front of the cart and they looked to be allowing her to finish, at least I hope they did being that close, but they did have 2 people in the cart w/ them. Whether or not they were injured I couldn't tell, but the bikes and enforcers were out and that close to the finish.

Im new to all of this but looking it seemed that those that did the Dumbo Dare had slower 10K times then much faster half. Is the goal to go slower for the first race and pace it out, then be quicker with your pace in the half?

Im new to all of this but looking it seemed that those that did the Dumbo Dare had slower 10K times then much faster half. Is the goal to go slower for the first race and pace it out, then be quicker with your pace in the half?

I did not do DDD but I can tell you that that is my exact plan for the Tink 10K and half. I think a lot of people use the 10K for picture stops and such and that way they dont have to worry about pics during Tink. I've never done back to back races so I'll be taking the 10K very easy, just enjoy myself and the experience and then I'll give the half everything I have to get the best time I can get.

irritated....and I have to tell some one~I have been training for my first half marathon (Tink....duh).....long story, I went to do a favor for my mom (help her w/ her horrible dogs).....and I hurt my ankle, knee, thigh & hip.....I have ice in the knee & hip now.....but please O please let this pain be short lived! I may be fine tomorrow.....but I am so mad right now. I know this seems like an odd place to vent....but only you guys understand how devastating it would be to get an injury at this point. Thanks for listening!!

irritated....and I have to tell some one~I have been training for my first half marathon (Tink....duh).....long story, I went to do a favor for my mom (help her w/ her horrible dogs).....and I hurt my ankle, knee, thigh & hip.....I have ice in the knee & hip now.....but please O please let this pain be short lived! I may be fine tomorrow.....but I am so mad right now. I know this seems like an odd place to vent....but only you guys understand how devastating it would be to get an injury at this point. Thanks for listening!!

I hope you are feeling better this morning! But if the pain lingers more than a few days, get it checked out. There is still time! I had an ankle tendon sprain that was very aggravated about 5-6 weeks ago. Did PT for four weeks and ran a half last Sunday with no problem. So just don't wait for help and you will be fine!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

AZlady said:

{hug} not a weird place to vent at all! I hope you start to feel better soon. I try to give most things at least 48 hours unless its so acute I can't walk. Sometimes I'm surprised at what goes away quickly.

Good luck and feel free to post anytime about it.

Didn't see the weird happenings on the 10k course though it's definetely interesting to here that happened. Because I was running with some friends and we had been separated from some of their family during the course. We assumed they had finished behind (they finished in front actually) and we grabbed a staff after the golf carts came in to ask about where they dropped people who may have DNFed was. The guy made it sound like everyone had finished which I remember thinking at the time was odd. Think there was some weird communication going on that weekend.

Ice rest and motrin but if its still bothering you in a few days please go to the Dr! You still have time!!!! Trust me, I know it sucks. I rolled my ankle walking to the car 6 weeks before the Nike half. Should have gone to the Dr. but didn't and so I'm dealing with the PT now but should still be able to do Tink just fine!

Thank you. The text reply did work for me, too. The email, however, did not include any numbers.

I'm 5705 according to the text alerts. I don't want to wait until late December to see the corrals!

Also, I'm annoyed. We have 4 girls in our group. We all agreed to do 10ks for placement. 3 of us ran 10ks (and our corrals range from 5600-6000, so super close). The other didn't, and she's 9600 or something like that. I don't want to start in the back, that's why I did a 10k!

And another whine fest. Wisconsin is freaking cold. It was 3 degrees for my last long run. I made it 5.5 miles before heading home and hoping on the treadmill for the last 2. It's been even colder since then. And so much snow! Training is getting hard, and I hate the treadmill. I'm worried about getting in my 8/9/10 milers!

According to the people on the Tinkerbell FB group, if you sign up to track yourself it will give you your Bib # in the text reply.
Try this link
http://live.xacte.com/tinkerbell/alerts/

If these numbers are indeed our bib #'s, I'm 5966 for the half and 27088 for the 10K.

Thanks for the link! 12239 for the half, 27300 for the 10K -- still probably in the last corral, according to last year's corral assignments but I'm definitely stronger this year than I was for PHM last year. Bring it - I'll beat those sweepers!

[now off to have my first pre-race panic attack....]

If it helps any, I submitted a 1:43 proof of time, male, must start in corral C or later, so should be at first available male corral. I am number 2348, so that may or may not help how to determine corrals. Heard people with 22xx had proof of time of 2:14, so Disney is again going to ignore the point of corralling and keeping people safe from being put into bad situations of faster runners around them. Nothing I can control though, so, we may be looking at 1000/corral?

Does anyone have last year's corral listings and/or DL1/2? I know it will be different, but with comparing ToT and W&D, it can be estimated from that.

Thanks for posting the link and info on the text alert bib number detective work! If this is correct, I'll be #4253 which is the highest (smallest) number I've ever had in a race. Totally cool!

Now if we could just get some course maps, program info and corrals!

The data returned has to be wrong. I signed my DD up for the 10K and I for the 10K and Half.. But she is running all 3 races. I wish her good luck as she has not trained at all except in her words, "Carb loaded"

If it helps any, I submitted a 1:43 proof of time, male, must start in corral C or later, so should be at first available male corral. I am number 2348, so that may or may not help how to determine corrals. Heard people with 22xx had proof of time of 2:14, so Disney is again going to ignore the point of corralling and keeping people safe from being put into bad situations of faster runners around them. Nothing I can control though, so, we may be looking at 1000/corral?

Does anyone have last year's corral listings and/or DL1/2? I know it will be different, but with comparing ToT and W&D, it can be estimated from that.

Here's what I found for Tink 2013:

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/tinkerbell/2013-CorralAssignmentsTink.pdf

Just shows corrals going up to E. My friend who ran it last year said that she was in E but there were more corrals behind her. ???

Is the bib number what comes after the DLTINK in the message?

If so, I'm 7488!

Can't wait for corral placement!

I'm thinking 8-10 corrals, 800-2000 per corral. This is pure guessing, but how I see it, gives 9 corrals, 3-5 minutes apart. This is assuming 13000 bib #s.

A - 1 - 1000
B - 1001 - 2000 (2 minutes afters A)
C - 2001 - 3000 (2 minutes afters B)
D - 3001 - 4500 (3 minutes afters C)
E - 4501 - 6000 (3 minutes afters D)
F - 6001 - 7500 (4 minutes afters E)
G - 7501 - 9000 (4 minutes afters F)
H - 9001 - 11000 (5 minutes afters G)
I - 11001 + (5 minutes afters H)

I only guess this due to street closings around DL. They won't do as many corrals IMO, this puts last corral off 28 minutes after first start, which last year, it was 20 minutes after first start.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter