Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

Well, using the DDD training plan (since I plan to do the 1/2 and 10k for Tink) and adjusting the dates for Tink, training should start this week!

Well, using the DDD training plan (since I plan to do the 1/2 and 10k for Tink) and adjusting the dates for Tink, training should start this week!

Nooooo :scared1: My knee still hurt from the DL 1/2. But I'll do it anyway.

Nooooo :scared1: My knee still hurt from the DL 1/2. But I'll do it anyway.

well, it's an 18 week plan, which is a little longer than what I normally do, but I've been lazy for so long, that I'm sure I can use the 2 extra weeks...probably more :laughing: I hope your knee starts to feel better! I think I need to get back to the chiro...work got crazy for a couple of months over the summer, and I stopped going regularly just because I never knew what time I was going to get out of here each day during all that. I went to get a massage last night and she started out kind of pressing down my spine very gently before she pulled the blankets back and all I heard was "CRRAAAAACK"...lol...she didn't even press hard at all!

I'm running a 1/2 this weekend.....pretty sure that isn't on the training plan yet. :lmao:

If anyone is interested in helping out.....i'm hosting a virtual 5K for my Ronald McDonald House Charity racing team.....$20 and you get a cool medal. i'm sure you guys are all going to be running anyway ;)....so if you want to help out a great cause while you do it....... :thumbsup2

https://www.facebook.com/events/590158857713868/

I'm training for Nike half on 10/20. I'm supposed to do 10 miles on Sunday but Im doing an 8 mile race instead. I know myself well enough to know that I probably wont do an extra 2 miles after I finish :rotfl: oh well. Plus I turned my ankle on friday and I'm sure I pulled a muscle. Still having some soreness. So actually no running for me until the race on Sunday!

I'm training for Nike half on 10/20. I'm supposed to do 10 miles on Sunday but Im doing an 8 mile race instead. I know myself well enough to know that I probably wont do an extra 2 miles after I finish :rotfl: oh well. Plus I turned my ankle on friday and I'm sure I pulled a muscle. Still having some soreness. So actually no running for me until the race on Sunday!

Doing the Nike on 10/20 too, and opting for a 10k race this weekend. Definitely not doing the remaining 4 after! :laughing:

Have there been any rumours or rumblings about whether the half-marathon course for the Tink will be the same or different from last year?

There's only a description on the official website, but not having run the Tink before, I'm not sure if it's a departure from the past route.

From the website:

Half Marathon Course Description
Your Tinker Bell Half Marathon pixie-dusted race begins on Disneyland Drive where you’ll pass under the Downtown Disney® District on your way into Disney California Adventure® Park. There you’ll make your way through all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood Blvd, race down Route 66, and past breathtaking Paradise Bay. The race will travel down turn-of-the-century Main Street U.S.A., passing Pixie Hollow, home to Tinker Bell and her pixie pals, before it makes its way around the Rivers of America. After Disneyland Park, the race will cut through Downtown Disney® by the Disneyland Hotel continuing on to the City of Anaheim. You’ll race through the enchanting, historic neighborhoods of downtown Anaheim, down the Anaheim Center Street Promenade and past Anaheim Ice on your way towards City Hall. Before returning to the Disneyland® Resort, you’ll make your way past the Anaheim GardenWalk and then it’s on to a spectacular “Fairy” tale finish near Disney’s Paradise Pier® Hotel.

Have there been any rumours or rumblings about whether the half-marathon course for the Tink will be the same or different from last year?

There's only a description on the official website, but not having run the Tink before, I'm not sure if it's a departure from the past route.

From the website:

Half Marathon Course Description
Your Tinker Bell Half Marathon pixie-dusted race begins on Disneyland Drive where you’ll pass under the Downtown Disney® District on your way into Disney California Adventure® Park. There you’ll make your way through all the glitz and glamour of Hollywood Blvd, race down Route 66, and past breathtaking Paradise Bay. The race will travel down turn-of-the-century Main Street U.S.A., passing Pixie Hollow, home to Tinker Bell and her pixie pals, before it makes its way around the Rivers of America. After Disneyland Park, the race will cut through Downtown Disney® by the Disneyland Hotel continuing on to the City of Anaheim. You’ll race through the enchanting, historic neighborhoods of downtown Anaheim, down the Anaheim Center Street Promenade and past Anaheim Ice on your way towards City Hall. Before returning to the Disneyland® Resort, you’ll make your way past the Anaheim GardenWalk and then it’s on to a spectacular “Fairy” tale finish near Disney’s Paradise Pier® Hotel.

Sounds the same. The very end and finish line was slightly different this past year from the first. Either way it's a GREAT race.

Sounds the same. The very end and finish line was slightly different this past year from the first. Either way it's a GREAT race.

That wasn't the only difference! We also ran through the castle towards Fantasyland for some very odd reason that very first year! And the first year also featured Disneyland at the beginning and DCA at the end if memory serves me correct. Hell that's how I realized the DLR 10k was going to be mostly in the parks before the map was released was because of the fact that miles 2-5.5ish were in the park.

I was going through my old photos of the Inaugural Tinkerbell that's why I remember all these differences.

I haven't been on this thread for a while, but I'm jumping in ;)

I'm curious what time people typically wake up (assuming you can sleep) for the race?

Also, can anyone tell me anything about the Chear Squad? Is it worth it and if so, what level? The website isn't helping me much! :confused3

That wasn't the only difference! We also ran through the castle towards Fantasyland for some very odd reason that very first year! And the first year also featured Disneyland at the beginning and DCA at the end if memory serves me correct. Hell that's how I realized the DLR 10k was going to be mostly in the parks before the map was released was because of the fact that miles 2-5.5ish were in the park.

I was going through my old photos of the Inaugural Tinkerbell that's why I remember all these differences.

I'm glad you remembered more details. You are so right about the castle direction. :thumbsup2
I'm really looking forward to this race. Now lets hope the expo will NOT have the same problems as the DL 1/2 just did.

I haven't been on this thread for a while, but I'm jumping in ;)

I'm curious what time people typically wake up (assuming you can sleep) for the race?

Also, can anyone tell me anything about the Chear Squad? Is it worth it and if so, what level? The website isn't helping me much! :confused3

Usually around 3, 3:30 at the latest but usually I am on property at the Disneyland Hotel which is right next to the start. I have no clue what I am going to do this year since we don't have a hotel on property (surgery problems, and by the time I realized it might be a good time to book the hotel as backup DLH was full, keeping fingers crossed that something becomes available its happened to us before). Also the type that has everything laid out and ready to go the night before. So I am pretty quick getting ready in the morning (usually it takes me about 30 minutes to throw everything on and then another 20 to eat).

I'm glad you remembered more details. You are so right about the castle direction. :thumbsup2
I'm really looking forward to this race. Now lets hope the expo will NOT have the same problems as the DL 1/2 just did.

Well since the 5k and 10k are on different days. And they haven't created a two race challenge for Tinkerbell yet I am hoping that the expo won't be as crazy. I am planning to go pick up everything on Day 1 so I have everything in the rize size unless for some reason it is like the DLR expo. And then I will probably wait a day. Unless their offering early registration for the DLR Half/DDD again. Than I'll be right their in the craziness getting my registration in. Early registration last year saved me a headache when it opened to the public for regular attendees. And considering I am planning to return for Dumbo next year, yeah I need to see if I can register for next year at Tink.

Does anyone know how far the grand Californian would be from the start as compared to the disneyland hotel? I know they aren't that far apart normally, but I'm not sure where the start of the Tink is..... Thanks!

Does anyone know how far the grand Californian would be from the start as compared to the disneyland hotel? I know they aren't that far apart normally, but I'm not sure where the start of the Tink is..... Thanks!

Depends on your corral. Back corral then gch is closer. Front corral, DLH is closer.

I've been wading through this board, and this is my first post. I am new to the boards and this will be my first Disney race. Have been a huge Disney fan, but now that DS is older - it's not high on the vacation list. The half is a great excuse to go back to Disney!

This will be my second half - I ran my first half in Thailand last February and haven't done a running race since. I don't think it could get any worse than Thailand for heat and humidity, so I think I should be okay - just need to get all my runs in. We have a 10 km called the Turkey Trot on thanksgiving, I might give that one a try to get these running legs back (October 11). I've been paddling all summer and have neglected my running.

I'm on post 191 - so I reading forward and getting to know you all. Happy to be here and looking forward to learning hints and tips.

Usually around 3, 3:30 at the latest but usually I am on property at the Disneyland Hotel which is right next to the start. I have no clue what I am going to do this year since we don't have a hotel on property (surgery problems, and by the time I realized it might be a good time to book the hotel as backup DLH was full, keeping fingers crossed that something becomes available its happened to us before). Also the type that has everything laid out and ready to go the night before. So I am pretty quick getting ready in the morning (usually it takes me about 30 minutes to throw everything on and then another 20 to eat).

Thanks for the info! That's pretty much what I thought as far as when to wake up. It seems so crazy! lol We were planning on staying on property, too, but didn't get it quick enough.

Well Half marathon #6 is in the books. It was so nice to run in cooler weather that makes a huge difference. This half was supposed to be my last one until Tink but I decided to add 2 more to the list to become a half fanatic.

Courtney :sulley:

I've been wading through this board, and this is my first post. I am new to the boards and this will be my first Disney race. Have been a huge Disney fan, but now that DS is older - it's not high on the vacation list. The half is a great excuse to go back to Disney!

This will be my second half - I ran my first half in Thailand last February and haven't done a running race since. I don't think it could get any worse than Thailand for heat and humidity, so I think I should be okay - just need to get all my runs in. We have a 10 km called the Turkey Trot on thanksgiving, I might give that one a try to get these running legs back (October 11). I've been paddling all summer and have neglected my running.

I'm on post 191 - so I reading forward and getting to know you all. Happy to be here and looking forward to learning hints and tips.

Hi and welcome !!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter