Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

I like the idea mentioned about about doing the 10k to take pics and the HM to "run". I'm worried that running 13 miles will be hard enough without carrying a camera and stopping off and on... :confused3

And, speaking of cameras -- help me decide what to carry -- just a phone camera, a small digital? What has worked for others?

I can't wait for Tuesday! :cheer2:

I am so glad that I took my small waterproof digital camera to the PHM. Stopping and starting really slowed me down (as well as standing in line for character photos), but it was WELL worth it! There were amazing things to see along the way -- things that I wanted to show friends and family when I was finished. ::yes::

I like the idea mentioned about about doing the 10k to take pics and the HM to "run". I'm worried that running 13 miles will be hard enough without carrying a camera and stopping off and on... :confused3

And, speaking of cameras -- help me decide what to carry -- just a phone camera, a small digital? What has worked for others?

That's my plan for Dumbo- I'm doing the 10k purely for pictures and fun and then putting all my effort towards the half.

I carry both- the small digital camera for pictures (either in my hand or fuel belt) and my phone to track my run (tucked away in a less accessible place). I would just use my phone's camera, but would probably drop it. ;)

Also, does anyone have any idea when the Disney Resort hotels open for booking in January? They are currently not accepting reservations beyond 12/31/13. I want Dland Hotel, but need to know the $$ first! I don't want to get my hopes up :(

I think you might be able to call the hotel directly to book or get a quote, but I'm not positive.

Also, does anyone have any idea when the Disney Resort hotels open for booking in January? They are currently not accepting reservations beyond 12/31/13. I want Dland Hotel, but need to know the $$ first! I don't want to get my hopes up :(

You can start getting quotes on wed! July 10. My TA is taking quote requests now!

We booked our flights and rooms already, we are staying at the Best Western Plus Park Place, right across from the walk-in entrance for a good price, $110/night. We thought about doing the DL Hotel, but decided against to save money, looking forward to this. We have it all done, air, room, tickets (main-gate from wife's employment at WDW) and registered for half marathon.

We booked our flights and rooms already, we are staying at the Best Western Plus Park Place, right across from the walk-in entrance for a good price, $110/night. We thought about doing the DL Hotel, but decided against to save money, looking forward to this. We have it all done, air, room, tickets (main-gate from wife's employment at WDW) and registered for half marathon.

What's the costume Dan?!? I'm sure you've got that planned too!!! :)

we're booked already too.....got SW flights into LAX for $280 each....pretty darn good from Indy! We're booked at Park Vue Inn.

ok, so I'm doing it...I'm going to do the 10k as well. I'm tired of thinking about it so I may as well just do it. I know I'll feel like I missed out on something that weekend if I don't so I'm just gonna suck it up and register for it. :eek:

ok, so I'm doing it...I'm going to do the 10k as well. I'm tired of thinking about it so I may as well just do it. I know I'll feel like I missed out on something that weekend if I don't so I'm just gonna suck it up and register for it. :eek:

That was my thinking as well:thumbsup2

I run all Disney races with my small point & shoot camera in my hand:) So easy to just snap a pic and run on. My phone is in my belt, but only so I can find my friends after I finish:goodvibes

Hey everyone,

The RunDisney website implies that spectators can enter the park(s) without needing to purchase the ChEAR packages; anyone know what areas they have access to? Are they allowed into both Disneyland and California Adventure? How crowded does it get?

We need to decide tonight if the hubby is going to sign up to run the half marathon with me, or just come cheer... if I know he'll be able to find two or three good viewing spots in and out of the parks without too much hassle, I won't mind running solo (or as solo as you can be when running with thousands of other people)... :)

Thanks,

Erin

Get Travel will also have really good discounted rates for the resort hotels. They're the travel company for the DL races. They'll probably update their Tink site this week or next.

:yay: Yay you caved too!

The RunDisney website implies that spectators can enter the park(s) without needing to purchase the ChEAR packages; anyone know what areas they have access to? Are they allowed into both Disneyland and California Adventure? How crowded does it get?

We need to decide tonight if the hubby is going to sign up to run the half marathon with me, or just come cheer... if I know he'll be able to find two or three good viewing spots in and out of the parks without too much hassle, I won't mind running solo (or as solo as you can be when running with thousands of other people)... :)

To get into the parks, I believe you have to get the cheer packages, but there are tons of places outside the parks. If the course is like last year, there's all along Ball and part of Harbor at the front of the race, DTD in the middle of the race, same part of Harbor towards the end and the PPH parking lot at the finish. The 1st mile or 2 outside the parks weren't that crowded mostly b/c we start so early. DTD had a lot of people, but he shouldn't have a problem getting a spot. The end of the race on Harbor wasn't terribly crowded, mostly people walking to the parks cheering along the way. There were a lot at the end of the race though and it's tighter than the finish area for the DL 1/2 if you're familiar w/ that finish area.

Vicki ~ how was DL this past weekend? Hope not too crowded and the weather wasn't bad.

Someone is asking me what the money goes toward from the registration fee. Does Disney support any charity with it like a lot of races? I can't find any information saying they do on the website.

Nevermind. I found it on the site.

Anaheim Community Foundation

The Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend celebrates the Anaheim Community Foundation, an organization dedicated to providing and improving programs, services, and facilities not ordinarily supported by the government, which enrich the lives of Anaheim residents.

You can start getting quotes on wed! July 10. My TA is taking quote requests now!

THANKS!!! I am so excited!!!

Hmmm.... there were a few posts I wanted to quote, but I can't figure out how to do multiples...

For those who carry point/shoots (thanks!), what kind? I want cheap enough that if it drops, I don't cry, but good enough to take good pics!

Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter