Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

So let's just say there is going to be a Tink 10k, do you all think there will be a challenge or do you think they will just do the 10k? I could probably turn down just a 10k addition BUT if they add the challenge medal then I would be severely tempted. Already going for the GSC and the pink C2C, what is another 10k to get 2 more medals?? :rotfl2:

I've gone back and forth on this. My guess is that 10k will be added and it will be a challenge like everything else

But as time goes by and the early tink registration happened I think maybe 10k stand alone this year- challenge next

I can argue either way. Lol

So this is my first rodeo (I mean RunDisney).... But I think it's rude if registration is in 23 days and they don't have all the details posted.
I'm just doing the 5k, maybe the 10k IF they have it & IF the age limit is announced.
I have coordinating that needs to get done....I need details !!
Ok, I done now ....sorry! :)
So how much time do they give you before AP registration opens ? Are they always slow on details? (Or generally same info, times, race length )

It's gotten slower in recent years. Info is trickling out and it wasn't always like this.

Not even sure if AP will get early registration. The typical time for that is the Thur before regular registration- and thats on July 4th this year. No mention of it anywhere that I've seen either. Not all races get the early registration perks- or at least that was how it was in the past.

Sit and wait....

On some good news for my running - I ran a mile straight yesterday! I can still only do 20 minute "sessions" but this week I can do whatever I want with those 20 minutes. Last week I was doing 1walk:3min run intervals. So yesterday I decided to just run as long as I could and I talked myself into hitting my 1 mile mark (11:40 when I got there!) then I walked for 2 minutes and then ran the remainder of my 20 minute session.
Not too bad!
I'll run again tomorrow, I think I'll go to my 1 mile mark again, then try walking for just 1 minute and then running the rest.

So this is my first rodeo (I mean RunDisney).... But I think it's rude if registration is in 23 days and they don't have all the details posted.
I'm just doing the 5k, maybe the 10k IF they have it & IF the age limit is announced.
I have coordinating that needs to get done....I need details !!
Ok, I done now ....sorry! :)
So how much time do they give you before AP registration opens ? Are they always slow on details? (Or generally same info, times, race length )

It's gotten slower in recent years. Info is trickling out and it wasn't always like this.

Just like Patty said. And I forget what it was this year, either the bibs or the 5k map we didn't get until something like 2 weeks before the race I think.

Sit and wait....

On some good news for my running - I ran a mile straight yesterday! I can still only do 20 minute "sessions" but this week I can do whatever I want with those 20 minutes. Last week I was doing 1walk:3min run intervals. So yesterday I decided to just run as long as I could and I talked myself into hitting my 1 mile mark (11:40 when I got there!) then I walked for 2 minutes and then ran the remainder of my 20 minute session.
Not too bad!
I'll run again tomorrow, I think I'll go to my 1 mile mark again, then try walking for just 1 minute and then running the rest.

Yay!!! :cool1: Congrats on being able to run again!

Hello Everyone! Count me in!!! I had such a wonderful time at the Tink last year that I just can't resist doing it again! BEST RACE EVER!!! :love: I'd do it every year for the rest of my life if I could!

I'm also going a little crazy about the possibility of a 10K and/or challenge! :goodvibes How cool would that be?!!! I may or may not be stalking the RunDisney FB page multiple times per day for news. :rolleyes1

Hello Everyone! Count me in!!! I had such a wonderful time at the Tink last year that I just can't resist doing it again! BEST RACE EVER!!! :love: I'd do it every year for the rest of my life if I could!

I'm also going a little crazy about the possibility of a 10K and/or challenge! :goodvibes How cool would that be?!!! I may or may not be stalking the RunDisney FB page multiple times per day for news. :rolleyes1

Welcome! You are not alone stalking the runDisney Internet sites multiple times each day :-)

It's also my favorite race !!!!

Sit and wait....

Not too bad!
Nice! :thumbsup2 In my personal experience, that first mile non-stop is the hardest thing in running.

(After about six weeks of running one mile, then walk/running the rest of my workout, I went from one mile to three miles in one fell swoop, by accident :). I was following someone and zoned out, just kept going because I felt good. Hope it works that way for you!)

What's the shortest time there has been between new race announcements and registration? It just seems that it is getting too close to announce a 10K, or a challenge.

With all of the Pre-registers that they are allowing, and then possibly an AP early registration, will there be spots left? pixiedust:

Also, I have a Disney Visa, on the off chance they allow early reg for cardholders, who can you sign up? My race partner does not have one. Will she have to wait for registration to be open for everyone? Can I sign up her kiddo (8) for a race? Different last name of course, but she at least wants her to get in.

I am so new to this, I have no idea what to do. I don't even know who or what or even when to stalk for registration opening :confused3

Oh - BTW, I think my race partner is willing to fundraise if she does not get in, she is especially interested in TAPS. :thumbsup2

ETA: Pretty sure they won't give away all the spots in early registration. For the GSC, early registration sold out in about 2 days I think. When normal registration opened it took about an hour before the 50% full marker showed up on the website. So, they allotted less than 50% of the available spaces for early registration.

That said, for GSC early registration, I couldn't find a link for Visa card early registration, so I called RunDisney to ask if Visa card holders could register early. They said yes and asked for the first 4 of my card, then gave me a very specific link to go to to register (caution: they kept saying backslash, but they really meant normal slash ;)).

So, chances are if you give your friend the first 4 of your Visa, she should be able to sign you up. I actually used my Visa, but I know some other folks said they used other cards to pay after filling out the forms.

Good luck!

ETA: Pretty sure they won't give away all the spots in early registration. For the GSC, early registration sold out in about 2 days I think. When normal registration opened it took about an hour before the 50% full marker showed up on the website. So, they allotted less than 50% of the available spaces for early registration.

That said, for GSC early registration, I couldn't find a link for Visa card early registration, so I called RunDisney to ask if Visa card holders could register early. They said yes and asked for the first 4 of my card, then gave me a very specific link to go to to register (caution: they kept saying backslash, but they really meant normal slash ;)).

So, chances are if you give your friend the first 4 of your Visa, she should be able to sign you up. I actually used my Visa, but I know some other folks said they used other cards to pay after filling out the forms.

Good luck!

Oh, well that is certainly good news :cool1: I will know now to call if I don't see it announced. Was it at the same time the early reg opened for the AP holders?

Thanks pixiedust:

I havent seen anything anywhere about early registration being available for Tink. I dont think it was offered in the past either.

I havent seen anything anywhere about early registration being available for Tink. I dont think it was offered in the past either.

I dont believe they had it last year. As an AP and Visa card holder I would hope I would have known hahaha

I'm registered! Going C2C with the Princess Glass Slipper Challenge. It will be my first time at Disneyland - so excited to do this race! Very bizarre that registration opens AFTER Princess when the race happens before. Also bizarre to think a 10K and Challenge could be announced after early registration. Personally, I hope that doesn't happen. I have enough of a dent in my wallet courtesy of runDisney! AND I want my first run through the parks to be during the half. I think it will feel more magical that way. But I'm a bling *****, so I'd be tortured by the thoughts of missing more medals!

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun

I'm registered! Going C2C with the Princess Glass Slipper Challenge. It will be my first time at Disneyland - so excited to do this race! Very bizarre that registration opens AFTER Princess when the race happens before. Also bizarre to think a 10K and Challenge could be announced after early registration. Personally, I hope that doesn't happen. I have enough of a dent in my wallet courtesy of runDisney! AND I want my first run through the parks to be during the half. I think it will feel more magical that way. But I'm a bling *****, so I'd be tortured by the thoughts of missing more medals!

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun

Welcome!!!! Yay for being registered already! You're gonna love doing Tink!

I don't have time to read through all the post, but I am planning in signing up for the Tinkerbell half. I am a DVC member as well as a Disney Visa card holder. Can I sign up now rather than wait until registration opens in July?

Only if you are registering for the PHM too. If you register for Princess, you can then add the Tinker Bell on at check out. It's odd... but that's how they did it this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter