Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

You're right. Last year I didnt feel like it was very well organized at all. Zero corral enforcement that I saw. Long lines for the finisher merchandise tent. I never did find the chocolate milk! Plus its such a hard course. I dont think it would be fair to but a limit on it like that. Especially being as its such a big TNT race and many of the TNT'ers walk all or most of it. I know I took over 3.5 hours to complete it and I had friends that took over 4.

Yeah, I'm not sure how it's going to work. My hope would be that w/ the new time limit, they change from gun time to last person who crossed the start otherwise there are going to be some upset ladies. Like I said above, last year it took me almost 30 mn to cross the start so that would be a 2:45 1/2 and there were a lot of girls behind me. And I know they're strict on the 6:30 for the necklace, b/c I saw talked to the "balloon" lady a couple of years ago. She's the 1 who told me it was gun time not crossing, and was running w/ a sign that said "you need to finish before me to get my necklace." But who knows?

Yeah, I'm not sure how it's going to work. My hope would be that w/ the new time limit, they change from gun time to last person who crossed the start otherwise there are going to be some upset ladies. Like I said above, last year it took me almost 30 mn to cross the start so that would be a 2:45 1/2 and there were a lot of girls behind me. And I know they're strict on the 6:30 for the necklace, b/c I saw talked to the "balloon" lady a couple of years ago. She's the 1 who told me it was gun time not crossing, and was running w/ a sign that said "you need to finish before me to get my necklace." But who knows?

My friend just emailed me this...I'm guessing it means you'll still get the necklace? It took me 30 just to get to the start line too!

I emailed the facebook page and they said that they will run sweepers who will “divert slower runners” to special course that will allow them to finish within the allotted time.

OK, I am registered! Tink Half and Princess Half only. I am already running Dumbo in less than 3 months and wanted to just focus on running these two halves 5 weeks apart. The lure of the GSC bling was hard to resist, but I will have that pink C2C medal. The tink weekend is with the family and the princess half is a girls weekend. Its going to be fun!

GSC & Tinkerbell here I come! Plus...I am so excited to get my second C2C Medal!!!

Dumb question - but if you do have an AP for WDW, and only want to run Tink, not PHM, can you reg now for Tink?

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

finished my first half of the summer this morning and the weather here in chicago was perfect. I did better than I thought I would and I have realized that I could get my goal time by september which my last half before Think.

Courtney:sulley:

Hi everybody...I'm checking back in here. I can't believe I started this thread months ago then got so far behind. But I'm still in for the Tink.

I'm excited for all of you going for the pink C2C. I'm sticking with my original Tink and W&D C2C (hopefully!).

Looking forward to getting caught up with everyone.

finished my first half of the summer this morning and the weather here in chicago was perfect. I did better than I thought I would and I have realized that I could get my goal time by september which my last half before Think.

:cheer2: Congrats!! I'm hoping for a PR or close to it for the DLH to move me up for Tink too.

Registered for the GSC Friday. Waiting on Tink just in case they do the 10k. I know the option will be there to upgrade, but it was extra $ and figured I'd just wait until next month.

But to be a good girl and save some $, I'll keep my resies at Stovall's instead of splurging for PPH and only stay until Sun night.

Chiming in to say that I am planning on running the Tinker Bell Half! Already made hotel reservations for me and my run buddy, now just nervously waiting for race registration to open up! :hyper: I hope we get spots!!

Does anyone have any information about how the "team" registration works? Is that for large groups? Can my running buddy and I sign up as a "team"? And does it make a difference for any reason?

Thanks!

when do reservations normally open up for the DL resorts? I tried to check pricing on Paradise Pier last night for Tink weekend and it said it only went through 12/31 right now...trying to decide if I should jump on another decent rate that I found at another hotel, but kind of wanted to see what PP was going to be and see if the difference was worth it...I like the idea of PP location relative to the race start and finish! Just don't want to wait too long and miss the other rate only to find out PP was way more than I wanted to spend...and the other rate is a special that requires full pre-payment and no cancellation policy.

when do reservations normally open up for the DL resorts? I tried to check pricing on Paradise Pier last night for Tink weekend and it said it only went through 12/31 right now...trying to decide if I should jump on another decent rate that I found at another hotel, but kind of wanted to see what PP was going to be and see if the difference was worth it...I like the idea of PP location relative to the race start and finish! Just don't want to wait too long and miss the other rate only to find out PP was way more than I wanted to spend...and the other rate is a special that requires full pre-payment and no cancellation policy.

I believe you can call and get a quote just not book it online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter