Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

AZlady said:
Not at an on site hotel right? I have tried.
Don't get me wrong, I love CCI and have it booked, but really wanted on site for this weekend :)

No, I never stay onsite at DL since everything is so close. I'm booked at Stovall's:)

So...will there be a special challenge in DL like the GSC? Will we be able to register for it when we register for GSC?

Hey Summer, I'm in the same work boat as you. I have a training from 12:00-4:30ET. Hope my iPhone helps me and a very loooong bathroom break. Although, one of my RD enabler friends had offered to register me.

I will be away from my computer for days- hope I can register via iPhone :)

If my plan is to do the 5k at Tink and stay at an onsite hotel....should I book with get travel? (Looks like it may be package only ). Or hope for early registration w/ my Disney visa or AP and book hotel separate?
It may sell out quick so I want to ready and have a plan. ( that's hard to do when Disney hasn't announced everything yet 10k?....so get travel doesn't have 2014 rated yet. )
Thanks !!

I'd go w/ Get Travel. I remember checking this past Tink and they had better rates than AP Prices. They usually open up hotels the week or week after reg opens.

Cool, thanks for the info! Sure wish runD would make it official and give us all the registration deets!!!!! I'm now wondering what I should do if they haven't said anything by PHM registration...I had planned in taking advantage of the limited registration availability for Tink during that since I was planning to do both.

I'm w/ you... hopefully they announce info before reg starts. I'm planning on registering for the GSC, but if it sells out like DDD I'm okay just as long as I can get my Tink in for Legacy. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but if I get in for the GSC, it'll just be running only, no parks. :scared1:

kim3339 said:
I'm w/ you... hopefully they announce info before reg starts. I'm planning on registering for the GSC, but if it sells out like DDD I'm okay just as long as I can get my Tink in for Legacy. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but if I get in for the GSC, it'll just be running only, no parks. :scared1:

I'm looking at GSC too and because we are staying extra days for Tink (2 days work activity) and it is a busy time of year for me at work, and we are west coasters and loose 2 travel days, I'm guessing out park time will be limited. Trying to decide how to go about that as we are not WDW regulars. It will be just our 3rd trip there (really 2nd because 1st was with friends who were happy with arriving at 11:30am and leaving at 3:00 each day! Eeek! And yes, we are still friends, lol)

I'm looking at GSC too and because we are staying extra days for Tink (2 days work activity) and it is a busy time of year for me at work, and we are west coasters and loose 2 travel days, I'm guessing out park time will be limited. Trying to decide how to go about that as we are not WDW regulars. It will be just our 3rd trip there (really 2nd because 1st was with friends who were happy with arriving at 11:30am and leaving at 3:00 each day! Eeek! And yes, we are still friends, lol)

Leaving after 4 hours!:eek: Lol! I get the loosing days in travel thing. I think a lot of it is also like you said we're west coasters and along w/ that, DL is my home park. I was in WDW for 5 days for Marathon Weekend last year, and I think I'm good w/ just running GSC. If I did end up in the park it would be MK and just 1 day. I'll probably go Fri and leave Sun some time. But like I said, if it sells out, I'm okay as long as I get my Tink in. :goodvibes

And also, I don't know how it is working out, but even w/ no "big" race trips like this past Marathon weekend or NY. Next year is already looking at being a $$$$$$$ year ~ along w/ those 2 races and DDD in Sept, my sister is trying to talk me into going out to Boston for the marathon (+ is no hotel cost), my parents both have their 60th b-day AND 40th wedding anniversary all in a matter of months, and one of my cousins is turning 21 in May so it's another Vegas trip. But I guess that what tax refunds are for. :rotfl2:

What is GSC everyone keeps posting about?

It's the Glass Slipper Challenge, the 10K + Half Marathon challenge from Princess Marathon weekend at WDW. People are posting about it here because they are letting a certain amount of people register for the Tink Half early if they register for the Glass Slipper Challenge when it opens this week.

It's the Glass Slipper Challenge, the 10K + Half Marathon challenge from Princess Marathon weekend at WDW. People are posting about it here because they are letting a certain amount of people register for the Tink Half early if they register for the Glass Slipper Challenge when it opens this week.

Thanks. :)

So here is a question....now that they might be having a 10k with Tink and maybe another challenge, what happens if we sign up for the GSC and Tink and then they officially announce a 10k at Tink and another challenge? Will we be able to sign up for that challenge even though we registered for Tink while signing up for GSC? This is my first set of Disney races but I got the impression that you had to sign up for all components of a challenge at one time to qualify. :confused3

So here is a question....now that they might be having a 10k with Tink and maybe another challenge, what happens if we sign up for the GSC and Tink and then they officially announce a 10k at Tink and another challenge? Will we be able to sign up for that challenge even though we registered for Tink while signing up for GSC? This is my first set of Disney races but I got the impression that you had to sign up for all components of a challenge at one time to qualify. :confused3

I have the same question and it is giving me heartburn! LOL! I can't miss out on a potential challenge and another medal!!!

I may have a problem...

This is what we're all dying to know!!! :faint: You are correct though, for the challenges that have been available so far, you are required to sign up for the challenge as a whole at registration to be eligible for the individual race medals plus the challenge medal...so yes, that would pose a problem if you signed up for Tink at PHM registration and then a 10k+ challenge was announced after for Tink. I can't imagine runDisney not already having a plan in place for this if there is in fact a 10k + challenge in the works for Tink. If there hasn't been a formal announcement by Thursday of this week (since that's when AP registration is supposed to be available for PHM) then I'd wonder about the validity of the rumors surrounding the 10k...or the possibility that there may in fact be a 10k, but no "challenge" if done with the half. There's just too many unknowns! :badpc:

I am so excited to hear what they announce!! I can't believe that I am now considering doing the half, 10k, and 5k...am I crazy?? I've never even run a 5k before! I just feel like if I come this far, I might as well run for as many medals as possible. If there's no challenge, then I probably won't do the
10k.

Decisions, decisions. :)

This is what we're all dying to know!!! :faint: You are correct though, for the challenges that have been available so far, you are required to sign up for the challenge as a whole at registration to be eligible for the individual race medals plus the challenge medal...so yes, that would pose a problem if you signed up for Tink at PHM registration and then a 10k+ challenge was announced after for Tink. I can't imagine runDisney not already having a plan in place for this if there is in fact a 10k + challenge in the works for Tink. If there hasn't been a formal announcement by Thursday of this week (since that's when AP registration is supposed to be available for PHM) then I'd wonder about the validity of the rumors surrounding the 10k...or the possibility that there may in fact be a 10k, but no "challenge" if done with the half. There's just too many unknowns! :badpc:

I wonder if anyone that already registered saw if Tink 10K was an option?

I haven't seen any reports that the 10k was an option

Here's my guesses:

1) the 10k won't be a challenge. I don't think this is probable though

2) it will be a challenge but not ready by thurs. if they offer it at regular registration, those that sign up early will be contacted like the deferred princesses were and given opportunity to upgrade to challenge. I bet when they say limited slots available to register for Tink, they are talking small small numbers.

3) it will not happen until 2015 and rD was talking farther in future than we are! Lol

I don't think princesses that sign up for Tink at the same time would be shut out of a challenge. So far they have allowed deferrals to upgrade to a challenge so I'm sure that would be the case here

More work for them, so I'm back tracking on the 10k happening this year. Seems like they are almost out of time to announce with minimal headaches.

I haven't seen any reports that the 10k was an option

Here's my guesses:

1) the 10k won't be a challenge. I don't think this is probable though

2) it will be a challenge but not ready by thurs. if they offer it at regular registration, those that sign up early will be contacted like the deferred princesses were and given opportunity to upgrade to challenge. I bet when they say limited slots available to register for Tink, they are talking small small numbers.

3) it will not happen until 2015 and rD was talking farther in future than we are! Lol

I'm going to agree with you on this. I think it is too close now to make that kind of announcement. My bet is if this does happen, it won't be announced until after Tink race weekend (or DL Half if Tink is sold out by then).

Speaking of selling out, how long do you think registration will be open for the half? Do I need to go into sniper mode and be online the second it opens (which I probably will do anyways, :rotfl2:) or will there be a buffer of a few days/weeks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter