Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

As of now, I'm in for Tink. I'm already active on the Tink thread on the DL board, but just spent the last day reading this whole thread and LOVING the energy and enthusiasm over here!

(Hi Kim, Indygirl and Patty! :wave2:)

I ran Tink this last January, my first 1/2. I am not a runner and am overweight, and in July last year I talked myself into registering with my sister as a team. I started training by following a C25K and then segued into the Galloway Tink program. My first race was a 5k in September, then I ran a 10k in October, then Tink. I finished! I didn't do anything for 2 months or so, and then last weekend I ran another 5k and PRed. :goodvibes

Last year I traveled solo (although my sister met me in Anaheim), and I stayed at Stovalls. I liked it enough I just booked it again for 2014. The location (for the price) can not be beat!!

However, for 2014, I'm thinking about inviting my DH and DD (who will be 4) along. If I do, I'm thinking about booking PPH.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Glad to see you over here!
I love how active this thread is! Just because Tink is 10 months away doesn't mean I dont think about it constantly!

I ran Tink this last January, my first 1/2. I am not a runner and am overweight, and in July last year I talked myself into registering with my sister as a team. I started training by following a C25K and then segued into the Galloway Tink program. My first race was a 5k in September, then I ran a 10k in October, then Tink. I finished!

Oh - so glad to hear this! I am hoping this will be my story, next year! :cheer2:

Looking to do Tink also. Just ran the Princess and since it would have been under a year thought I could have got the C2C but it has to be the same calendar year:(. But guess that means I can do the W&D the same year as Tink. Will be running solo but bringing the family - left them at home for the Princess but the kids would not forgive me if they missed Carsland.

Looking to do Tink also. Just ran the Princess and since it would have been under a year thought I could have got the C2C but it has to be the same calendar year:(. But guess that means I can do the W&D the same year as Tink. Will be running solo but bringing the family - left them at home for the Princess but the kids would not forgive me if they missed Carsland.

Oh they'll love CarsLand alright. I'm not a big fan of the movie and I love it. Mater's ride is now 1 of my fave rides, it's so much fun. A tip about the area too~ make sure at least once to go in the back way through Pacific Wharf eating area. You come in the back way by the edge of RSR and you really get how big the Ridge really is.

Thanks for the tip. Been to WDW a couple of times but planning this DL trip is really stressing me out especially with how quick the DL 1/2 sold out.

Thanks for the tip. Been to WDW a couple of times but planning this DL trip is really stressing me out especially with how quick the DL 1/2 sold out.

Don't stress out! :hug: Tink does sell out, but it takes a month or 2. The big reason DL sold out fast was b/c there was the addition on the DDD race. We'll be talking on the boards about the onsale date and if there are early opportunities like through Disney Visa or whatever, so as long as you reg early on you should be fine.

As for the parks, it is soooo much easier than WDW. They're right across from each other and you can bounce back and forth all day long and DTD shoots off from them. When I go down, I'm back and forth b/w DL, DCA and DTD all day. And getting back to the hotels are easy as well, b/c the all surround the park.

If you have any questions, ask away!!

Oh - so glad to hear this! I am hoping this will be my story, next year! :cheer2:

Oh, you TOTALLY can do this, DVCDaisy! And to be honest, I chose the Tink for my first major run because I knew it to be a less competitive, more festive and supportive event than most others I could have registered for. Now I'm hooked!

Oh, and HI KIRSTEN! So sorry I forgot to mention you in my hellos. :flower3:

And, for a PP who mentioned the same thing... I am soooo super bummed that I didn't run the inaugural Tink. I would have loved to be a legacy runner in the future.

DVCDaisy, you can definitely do it. I started running last March (could not even run a 1/4 mile without stopping) and just did the Princess. I actually was able to run the whole thing - I think losing 55 lbs since I started running helped out a lot too:)

DVCDaisy, you can definitely do it. I started running last March (could not even run a 1/4 mile without stopping) and just did the Princess. I actually was able to run the whole thing - I think losing 55 lbs since I started running helped out a lot too:)

Oh, you TOTALLY can do this, DVCDaisy! And to be honest, I chose the Tink for my first major run because I knew it to be a less competitive, more festive and supportive event than most others I could have registered for. Now I'm hooked!

Thank you both so much! You have no idea how much your enthusiasm and encouragement mean to me. pixiedust:

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Fellow Tinks how did your runs go ???

I had my first one since Princess last month and boy my legs felt like cement. Did 5 miles at the track today. My time was not bad but my legs just felt out of practice. I've been cross training but not putting the miles in. My goal this week is to get on the TM at least twice. Even though it was a struggle today...it still felt good to get out there.

I had my first one since Princess last month and boy my legs felt like cement. Did 5 miles at the track today. My time was not bad but my legs just felt out of practice. I've been cross training but not putting the miles in. My goal this week is to get on the TM at least twice. Even though it was a struggle today...it still felt good to get out there.

Sorry for the heavy legs but at least you got out there!

9 mile run for me this weekend. It went well. I am looking forward to some warmer weather for my runs!

First long race of the season was Saturday the marine corps 17.75k. It was cold at 31 degrees, and hilly. I trained for hills but these were a little steeper than what I'd been running. There was also more trail than I was lead to believe which made passing people almost impossible at times which certainly slowed my overall time. My goal was bellow 1:46 and I'm pleased to say I ran a 9:31 pace and completed in 1:45:16. Now onto a flat half marathon in a month, that is a race I will destroy!

VickiHD said:

I hear ya! I did a 3 mile run a week after Princess last month and it was quite possibly the hardest 3 miles I've ever done lol!

I had a great training run this saturday... 7 miles. Didnt push my pace but my first mile was 10:30 and my mile time went down each mile and I was feeling good so I went fast the last mile and ended with a 9:38 strong finish pace!

dewingedpixie said:
First long race of the season was Saturday the marine corps 17.75k. It was cold at 31 degrees, and hilly. I trained for hills but these were a little steeper than what I'd been running. There was also more trail than I was lead to believe which made passing people almost impossible at times which certainly slowed my overall time. My goal was bellow 1:46 and I'm pleased to say I ran a 9:31 pace and completed in 1:45:16. Now onto a flat half marathon in a month, that is a race I will destroy!

Great job!!!!

No long run for me this week due to a crazy weekend schedule. But I did roll out of bed at 7:00 on Saturday and do 2.5 miles. And I NEVER roll out of bed and run. I usually need at least an hour to wake up. So thats my victory for this weekend.
Next weekend will be a 7 mile run on Saturday morning...once again rolling out of bed and hitting the pavement. After the run we'll get to go pick up our new puppy!!!!! :yay:

I ran a race this weekend! RnR Dallas. Hills! It was tough but I liked it. Which is weird. I'm usually only interested in easy. Lol

Hey princesses,

I'm hoping the answer is yes, but it's hard to tell from the official course map: does the Tinkerbell half marathon route go right through Sleeping Beauty's Castle?

I'm trying to talk a friend into running with me in 2014, and getting to run through the castle is a major selling feature. :)

Thanks,

Erin

Hey princesses,

I'm hoping the answer is yes, but it's hard to tell from the official course map: does the Tinkerbell half marathon route go right through Sleeping Beauty's Castle?

I'm trying to talk a friend into running with me in 2014, and getting to run through the castle is a major selling feature. :)

Thanks,

Erin

Yes! This year we ran from the back of it through the front (I think it went the other direction last year for some reason) You DO run through the castle! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter