Official 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon

This will be my first trip to Disneyland and CA. I'm hoping to be able to do the Tinkerbell Half with the PHM in Feb for my C2C. I'm so excited about these!! I'll be doing this solo so any info would be great bout hotels, shuttles, etc. If anyone else is doing this solo, a meetup would be fun.....if anyone is interested.:confused3

For the shuttles, the most popular is either the DL Express or the blue Super Shuttles. From SNA, it's about $10-15 each way w/o a coupon. I know that Super Shuttle has them all the time, but not sure about the express. From LAX, it's about $16-$20. I haven't used the DL Express, but have used the Super Shuttle and haven't had any problems w/ them.

As for meet-ups... don't worry there'll be one! :goodvibes It's usually Sat. sometime, and this past year, a few of us met up for dinner on Fri which was fun.

I'm in! I am doing ToT 10 miler & 5K (solo) in Oct, then Tink 1/2 in Jan (solo) & Princess 1/2 in Feb (solo) in hopes of getting my C2C ;)

I've never been to DL, so this is all new to me!

:wave2: You're going to love it!

I'm playing around with the idea of staying at either DLH or PP hotel for Tink in 2014. Not sure if my mom and DD will be traveling with me or if I'll be going solo. If they are traveling with me I'm worried that staying at PP might not be the best idea. The noise from the race start might wake them up and then I'd have a cranky 6 year old all day. Anyone have any thoughts? I know Patty said the noise wasn't that bad prior to going down to the race. I might just play it safe though and do DLH if we do a Disney property. Oh decisions, decisions.

I'm playing around with the idea of staying at either DLH or PP hotel for Tink in 2014. Not sure if my mom and DD will be traveling with me or if I'll be going solo. If they are traveling with me I'm worried that staying at PP might not be the best idea. The noise from the race start might wake them up and then I'd have a cranky 6 year old all day. Anyone have any thoughts? I know Patty said the noise wasn't that bad prior to going down to the race. I might just play it safe though and do DLH if we do a Disney property. Oh decisions, decisions.

Have the Disney hotels started taking reservations for the race weekend yet?

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Don't know about Tink and PP, but the year I stayed at the DLH (Adventure Tower) for the DL 1/2, you could hear everything from the staging area, not overly loud but enough to where they could hear it. I think the DJ started around 4-4:30. I was w/ my dad and sister and they said after the race started, it was quiet for a little bit, but then it started to get loud again about an hour after the start for the finish line and area. Maybe if you got a room facing DL Drive it might be quieter since it's the other side?

Have the Disney hotels started taking reservations for the race weekend yet?

I don't think yet. I know Get Travel will have discounted rooms, but they don't open until race registration opens.

Thanks Kim! Perfect info! Maybe if I'll book at room at PPH and Hojos. If I travel with the fam I'll use the Hojos ressie and if I travel by myself or with friends I'll do PPH.

Hi Kim :wave2:
We got home last night with my Princess and C2C medal in hand !!:cool1:
I believe it was 89 % humidity the morning of the race and it was my first time running in that. I swear I will NEVER complain of the heat we always get during the DL 1/2. I'll take heat over running in a shower any day. Exhausting but fun trip with some special magical moments at the MK. We were all surprised to see so much of the "outside world at the MK"....I guess we are so spoiled with DL and sounding like your typical AP'ers but DL is done so well !!!!! I'm glad I experience doing the Princess 1/2 but we really have something special here at DL. I have to say Tink is still my favorite race still. We have much more happening with spectator support and enthusiasm then WDW. Our weather is ideal unless you love humiditiy, and the expo is really well done. WDW could learn a few things from DL on this one. In the very small official merch. section---it was wall to wall people, you could not move, hard to shop, merchandise not being stocked...everything we don't have at DL. We've got our lines and crowds but you could actually get to the merchandise. I came home with more of an appreciation for DL and how easy we have it out here.

Any new trips planned ????

HI ALL!! :wave2: I am definitely in for Tinkerbell Half 2014! I just got back this past Monday from doing the Princess Half (first half ever!) at WDW which was a blast! I caught the Run Disney bug for sure :) DH and I will probably be staying at the Anabella Hotel (we are D23 members so get 20% discount)... I have only been to DL once (like 6 yrs ago) and DH has never been so we aren't sure which hotels are best value yet, so I welcome any suggestions for sure!

Plan for 2013:
Princess 1/2 (done!)
TOT 10-Miler

Plan for 2014 (C2C):
Tink 1/2
Wine & Dine 1/2

I think I want to stay at PPH

I'm thinking of maybe splurging this year and staying there too. Although I've been stalking Stovall's website for rooms to open just in case I change my mind.

Hi Kim :wave2:

Any new trips planned ????

We must be on the same wave length ~ I was just logging on to see how your trip went. :rotfl2: I hear you about the humidity, I can't do it either and am in complete awe of people who live in those parts of the country that have to train in that. Sorry about the expo being bad. I saw complaints on FB b/c it was at Coronado Springs instead of WWOS. But at least you have your beautiful C2C medal!! :love: Were you able to get any official merch or C2C merch? I'm hoping there'll be a better selection than Tink at DL, b/c I really want a shirt.

No new trips planned yet, still waiting on NY. There are rumors the beginning of April so everything's kind of in limbo. It feels weird not having anything major until DL and then nothing after that. I'm doing Bay to Breakers, but that's only 7 or so and in SF. I am thinking about the TOT race in WDW if I don't get into NY. They had problems w/ humidity last year which I won't be looking forward to, but I love that medal and w/ the race at night, I could get away w/ a short wknd, so we'll see.

Any new ones for you?

HI ALL!! :wave2: I am definitely in for Tinkerbell Half 2014! I just got back this past Monday from doing the Princess Half (first half ever!) at WDW which was a blast! I caught the Run Disney bug for sure :) DH and I will probably be staying at the Anabella Hotel (we are D23 members so get 20% discount)... I have only been to DL once (like 6 yrs ago) and DH has never been so we aren't sure which hotels are best value yet, so I welcome any suggestions for sure!

:wave2: Hi! Congrats on the Princess race!! Never stayed at Anabella, but it looks nice and it's close to the staging area/finish line.

We must be on the same wave length ~ I was just logging on to see how your trip went. :rotfl2: I hear you about the humidity, I can't do it either and am in complete awe of people who live in those parts of the country that have to train in that. Sorry about the expo being bad. I saw complaints on FB b/c it was at Coronado Springs instead of WWOS. But at least you have your beautiful C2C medal!! :love: Were you able to get any official merch or C2C merch? I'm hoping there'll be a better selection than Tink at DL, b/c I really want a shirt.

No new trips planned yet, still waiting on NY. There are rumors the beginning of April so everything's kind of in limbo. It feels weird not having anything major until DL and then nothing after that. I'm doing Bay to Breakers, but that's only 7 or so and in SF. I am thinking about the TOT race in WDW if I don't get into NY. They had problems w/ humidity last year which I won't be looking forward to, but I love that medal and w/ the race at night, I could get away w/ a short wknd, so we'll see.

Any new ones for you?

I was not able to get any C2C items at the expo and I was there right when it opened. At Tink I bought the one womens white one with Mickey on it saying something about C2C. Thank goodness since there were about 3 shirts left at the expo--men's gray C2C but it would fit like the shirts we get for the DL and on me they don't really work. No sweatshirts at all. I really wanted one and I guess I will just have to wait until DL. It still counts right --since it's 2013- even after the fact. Raw threads has a cute "castle to castle" shirt I picked up. I have fallen in love with those raw thread shirts. It kept me cool and comfortable at the Animal Kingdom --so I can really say they work. :woohoo:

Have not booked a room for Tink yet---will try calling Stovall's soon. The DL 1/2 seems SO far away :sad2: and I'm sure I will be dealing with the post Tink/Princess race is over --now what blues. :rotfl2: Next trip to DL is in 7 wks for our anniversary. Flying down for a quick 32 hrs or so -- without our little mouseketeer.

I really wish RunDisney would have a night race here at DL. I think doing one of those would be so much fun. I'm keeping my fingers cross for you for NY.

Plan for 2013:
Princess 1/2 (done!)
TOT 10-Miler

Plan for 2014 (C2C):
Tink 1/2
Wine & Dine 1/2

Hi and welcome !!

Congrats on Princess :cheer2: I bet you had a better time then I did with the humidity. Oh boy :eek:
You are going to have a great time at Tink !!

I've never stayed at the Anabelle but it looks nice. Another place to ck out is Best Western Stovall's Inn (also on Katella) We stay there a lot--nothing fancy but clean and easy to get to and from the race start/finish.

I've been bitten by the Disney running bug bad! My mom and I did the Princess half,and pretty sure I have her convinced to do Tink next year,and get C2C with Princess again.
Around when does registration open for Tink?

I've been bitten by the Disney running bug bad! My mom and I did the Princess half,and pretty sure I have her convinced to do Tink next year,and get C2C with Princess again.
Around when does registration open for Tink?

Those are the 2 races I am doing for C2C next year also!

Run Disney website shows registration July 9 for Tink :thumbsup2

I was not able to get any C2C items at the expo and I was there right when it opened. At Tink I bought the one womens white one with Mickey on it saying something about C2C. Thank goodness since there were about 3 shirts left at the expo--men's gray C2C but it would fit like the shirts we get for the DL and on me they don't really work. No sweatshirts at all. I really wanted one and I guess I will just have to wait until DL. It still counts right --since it's 2013- even after the fact. Raw threads has a cute "castle to castle" shirt I picked up. I have fallen in love with those raw thread shirts. It kept me cool and comfortable at the Animal Kingdom --so I can really say they work. :woohoo:

Have not booked a room for Tink yet---will try calling Stovall's soon. The DL 1/2 seems SO far away :sad2: and I'm sure I will be dealing with the post Tink/Princess race is over --now what blues. :rotfl2: Next trip to DL is in 7 wks for our anniversary. Flying down for a quick 32 hrs or so -- without our little mouseketeer.

I really wish RunDisney would have a night race here at DL. I think doing one of those would be so much fun. I'm keeping my fingers cross for you for NY.

At the Princess, I found the women's white coast to coast shirt at the official merchandise tent at the start area. I usually buy what I want as soon as we get off the bus and have my family hold my purchases. If you wait until after the race, it might all be gone. They had the gray sweatshirt as well, but I couldn't justify buying another one. It also wouldn't fit in my luggage.:)

Hi and welcome !!

Congrats on Princess :cheer2: I bet you had a better time then I did with the humidity. Oh boy :eek:
You are going to have a great time at Tink !!

The humidity definitely got to me, but the lines for pictures helped with the breaks lol! That being said, I'm thrilled about my time which was 2:40:43! I hope you still had a blast at the Princess 1/2 even with the humidity!!

I've never stayed at the Anabelle but it looks nice. Another place to ck out is Best Western Stovall's Inn (also on Katella) We stay there a lot--nothing fancy but clean and easy to get to and from the race start/finish.[/QUOTE said:
Thank you!! I will check it out!:)

I was not able to get any C2C items at the expo and I was there right when it opened. I really wanted one and I guess I will just have to wait until DL. It still counts right --since it's 2013- even after the fact. Raw threads has a cute "castle to castle" shirt I picked up. I have fallen in love with those raw thread shirts.

The DL 1/2 seems SO far away :sad2: and I'm sure I will be dealing with the post Tink/Princess race is over --now what blues. :rotfl2: Next trip to DL is in 7 wks for our anniversary. Flying down for a quick 32 hrs or so -- without our little mouseketeer.

Yes buying a shirt during the DL expo totally counts!! :goodvibes Plus, we can wear them on Friday and not worry about jinxing Sunday, b/c we already did our races. I picked up the C2C sticker from Raw Threads, and I agree w/ you, I have fallen in love w/ them. Did they have the Little mermaid skirt or shorts at the expo? I'm a total Cinderella girl, but all their shirts are so adorable. As for them working, Tink wasn't as bad as last year, but I wore the Hook one and it was awesome.

I agree w/ you about DL being so far away. I noticed on my ticker yesterday that it said 6 mon, and I was just got sad. So jealous that you get to go again in few weeks! I'm really missing my AP right now, but I just couldn't afford it. I was thinking about just getting park tix from Get Travel and upgrading to the Delux on Sun of race wknd b/c Sat and Sun are blocked, using the combo of the tix price and monthly payments, but then I noticed it said that you can't upgrade their tix. :sad1:

As for a night race at DL, um, yes please!! I know that it's harder to do races here b/c the streets are city streets, but I really wish they would have a couple more, at the very least 1. They need a rundisney planning group stationed out here and then I can go to work for them. I could not handle the weather in FL year round, I am way to accustomed to no humidity, heat not the best, but I can still handle it. :rotfl2:

Yes buying a shirt during the DL expo totally counts!! :goodvibes Plus, we can wear them on Friday and not worry about jinxing Sunday, b/c we already did our races. I picked up the C2C sticker from Raw Threads, and I agree w/ you, I have fallen in love w/ them. Did they have the Little mermaid skirt or shorts at the expo? I'm a total Cinderella girl, but all their shirts are so adorable. As for them working, Tink wasn't as bad as last year, but I wore the Hook one and it was awesome.

I agree w/ you about DL being so far away. I noticed on my ticker yesterday that it said 6 mon, and I was just got sad. So jealous that you get to go again in few weeks! I'm really missing my AP right now, but I just couldn't afford it. I was thinking about just getting park tix from Get Travel and upgrading to the Delux on Sun of race wknd b/c Sat and Sun are blocked, using the combo of the tix price and monthly payments, but then I noticed it said that you can't upgrade their tix. :sad1:

As for a night race at DL, um, yes please!! I know that it's harder to do races here b/c the streets are city streets, but I really wish they would have a couple more, at the very least 1. They need a rundisney planning group stationed out here and then I can go to work for them. I could not handle the weather in FL year round, I am way to accustomed to no humidity, heat not the best, but I can still handle it. :rotfl2:

Well it sounds like we need to get the C2C sweatshirts Friday when they open !!!!:thumbsup2 I know we will drive down on Thurs. so I can get to the expo and stand in line early. I can pick something up for you if you like if your coming in later (I've still got my 20% AP discount I can use--we must get our sweatshirts. Just let me know) What do you think about the RunDisney New Balance shoes ??? I feel like I am getting sucked into having to get them and I don't even really LOVE them. Marketing really works on me too much.:rotfl2:

I talked to Penny at Stovall's and she should be loading rates next wk or so for Tink. I'll keep you posted.
I was so exhausted fighting my way through the event merch at the expo that I didn't spend any time at Raw Thread except to grab a shirt so I did not see the items you are looking for. :( I'm thinking about the new MM one with the large bow on the front--maybe for DL. I will say their booth was HUGE even had a dressing room which was nice.
AP prices---I just try not to think about it and I afraid how much they will go up this yr.
You would be perfect on the RunDisney planning team !!!!! Then you could maybe just "bring me along too for the fun stuff":lmao:

Do you think they will have a new DL Dooney bag for us to pre-order ????
I really love the mickey one they had for the marathon. Just loved it and the colors. I guess I can only hope.

The humidity definitely got to me, but the lines for pictures helped with the breaks lol! That being said, I'm thrilled about my time which was 2:40:43! I hope you still had a blast at the Princess 1/2 even with the humidity!!

Thank you!! I will check it out!:)

I'm really glad I finally got to do it to get my C2C and of course being able to run in a tiara and tutu. :)

Just left Orlando yesterday after running the Princess Half, and am setting my sights on the Tinkerbell 2014 as my next Disney race, hopefully to be followed by the Wine & Dine 2014 to get that Coast-to-Coast medal.

Already daydreaming about costume concepts... :)

Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter