Official 2014 Dopey Challenge Thread!

From the Run Disney website:

Walt Disney World® 10K

Friday, January 10, 2014

Start/Finish: Epcot®

Run in the newest Marathon Weekend event, the 10K!

Join us for the inaugural Walt Disney World® 10K. This 6.2 mile course is the perfect distance for runners of all skill levels. Winding throughout Epcot® and the scenic World Showcase, it is the newest way to be part of the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend.

I've seen this. The official press release info doesn't match up. The only reason I think the official press relase info may be correct is because all of it is so specific and the 10K is the only race showing a different location starting point. So it seems like it had to be specifically noted. The runDisney website has the start/finish designation for all the races. They may have missed the detail that the start is in a different place than the finish. The race description still applies to the course if it is the last 6.2 of the marathon. Though I would think they would add something in about the Studios too. I know nothing. I'm just speculating and I wouldn't be suprised if my speculation is wrong. Until they release a course map we really don't know.

Do I just need to go on the RunDisney website on Apr 3rd to use the early passholder discount or is the another website? Any help would be great. Thanks

Do I just need to go on the RunDisney website on Apr 3rd to use the early passholder discount or is the another website? Any help would be great. Thanks

There's been conflicting info out there. One blog I followed indicated APs would be receiving an email with a link and password to register. But when I called I was told I would register via the AP Landing website. However, I haven't been able to gain access. I'll post as soon as I see anything. Although, I'm planning to register for the RWC.

There's been conflicting info out there. One blog I followed indicated APs would be receiving an email with a link and password to register. But when I called I was told I would register via the AP Landing website. However, I haven't been able to gain access. I'll post as soon as I see anything. Although, I'm planning to register for the RWC.
Is there a web portal for annual passholders? I don't see anything when I search for it on google and there is nothing on the back of our passes.

Thanks for the info guys and gals. I went to the passholder site as prescribed and so far nothing is listed about early registration or anything about run Disney for that matter. Maybe it will on the 3rd. Keep the info coming and thanks for the continued help.

I email runDisney about the annual pass registration.

The reply was: "There will be early registration available for annual passholders opeing on Wednesday April 3 at 12:00pm EST.

Annual Passholders will be sent the link to register via email."

So, just make sure that you have registered your annual pass at the website mentioned earlier.
Jon

The reply was: "There will be early registration available for annual passholders opeing on Wednesday April 3 at 12:00pm EST.

So, just make sure that you have registered your annual pass at the website mentioned earlier.
Jon

thanks for the info. I never get any AP e-mails, even though I am registered. Good luck to all!

Does anyone think they will limit the number of participants UNDER the smallest race numbers significantly? I want to sign up for Dopey with my DH but we have a WDW vacation beginning of May with the Everest Challenge and that means less $ for that vacation :-( I am worried it will sell out quickly in the 1st tier price level - like BEFORE the end of Apr!

Does anyone think they will limit the number of participants UNDER the smallest race numbers significantly? I want to sign up for Dopey with my DH but we have a WDW vacation beginning of May with the Everest Challenge and that means less $ for that vacation :-( I am worried it will sell out quickly in the 1st tier price level - like BEFORE the end of Apr!

If they are doing early registration starting on the 3rd, I would be surprised if Dopey doesn't sell out completely the first day of public registration, if not before.

pilk said:

Jon

Thanks for the heads up and have a great day.

Jon

Thanks for the info! I have my AP registered there already so I'll keep an eye out for the email. :-)

My BFF and I are running this together. I am a DVC member. Will my friend be able to sign up under my DVC on Wednesday? Or will she have to wait till it opens to the public?

Hi. This will be my first time to a Disney race where preordering a purse might be an option on active.com. I plan on registering for dopey ASAP. Will the purse (with pic) be available as soon as registration opens? Anyone see pics online yet?

Hi. This will be my first time to a Disney race where preordering a purse might be an option on active.com. I plan on registering for dopey ASAP. Will the purse (with pic) be available as soon as registration opens? Anyone see pics online yet?

Haven't heard anything about a purse yet. Last year, you could order the purse after you had registered - I think they announced the purses much later in the year.

Haven't heard anything about a purse yet. Last year, you could order the purse after you had registered - I think they announced the purses much later in the year.

That's what I figured since I didn't see any chatter on the boards. Thanks!

Do you remember how they notified runners when the purses were available for ordering? Email I'm thinking (?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter