• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler

Anyone interested in virtual races check out www.moonjoggers.com

Free online jogging and walking community of more than 750 people from 37 different countries. Our mileage goal was to get to the moon. We landed yesterday, it only took us 5 months to get there. We are doing a lap around the moon before making our journey back to earth. It's not to late to join the party.

How is everyone's training going? I have my 5k and 10k this weekend. The weather looks really warm (about 90) so I better start hydrating!

How many of you are running in costume for the TOT? I might attempt a tulle skirt and maybe decorate a black shirt with a hidden mickey made out of glow in the dark fabric paint. I just don't want to practice running down my road in it!!:joker:

How is everyone's training going? I have my 5k and 10k this weekend. The weather looks really warm (about 90) so I better start hydrating!

How many of you are running in costume for the TOT? I might attempt a tulle skirt and maybe decorate a black shirt with a hidden mickey made out of glow in the dark fabric paint. I just don't want to practice running down my road in it!!:joker:

I'm doing an Aids Walk this weekend that's 6 miles in Boston. I'm at least going to be wearing my new Evil Queen skirt I got at sparkleskirts.com :) Still not sure what I'll be wearing for the top though, probably the Autism Speaks shirt I get for fundraising, lol.

How many of you are running in costume for the TOT?

Funny you should ask - I was coming over here to crowd-source an outfit idea!

I'm not doing a full costume -too darned HOT - but a themed outfit of running clothes:
~black bottoms (skort or shorts, whichever sounds good at the time)
~black hat or visor with Star Wars Imperial logo
~black tech shirt with a Darth Vader chest plate ironed-on the front. On the back... (here's where I need opinions...)
"Run with the Dark Side - We have GU!" or the traditional
"Run with the Dark Side - We Have Cookies!!" :confused3

Or, another saying entirely - I'm open to suggestions! I just know that seeing funny things on the backs of other racers' shirts totally makes me smile, so I want to pay it forward :)

Funny you should ask - I was coming over here to crow-source an outfit idea!

I'm not doing a full costume -too darned HOT - but a themed outfit of running clothes:
~black bottoms (skort or shorts, whichever sounds good at the time)
~black hat or visor with Star Wars Imperial logo
~black tech shirt with a Darth Vader chest plate ironed-on the front. On the back... (here's where I need opinions...)
"Run with the Dark Side - We have GU!" or the traditional
"Run with the Dark Side - We Have Cookies!!" :confused3

Or, another saying entirely - I'm open to suggestions! I just know that seeing funny things on the backs of other racers' shirts totally makes me smile, so I want to pay it forward :)

How about We have Dole Whips! Or Zebra Domes! :dance3:

how is everyones training going?

im walking 5 miles at 12:00min/mile now.
5 miles is the farthest ive done in a single session.

im still hopeful. going to start extening to 6.5 miles next week, this weekend will be a rest sat-sun then monday eve i start the 6.5 sessions for a few weeks and see how i get on.

been reading alot on the reviews ands peoples blog recaps of the event and im really pumped for the event.

still got this nagging idea of failure in my head but im hopeful.

i will probably be in last coral as i dont have a time to submit and cant find any local UK events to enter in the meantime, i would have liked to try and do somthing in the UK around August time to prepare myself for what a true event is like.

from what ive read from others blogs the characters meet and greets seem to be in stints and not all the time so that should be good, go hard for the miles where no characters are then i can create a time buffer to stop for some quick photo ops later in the race.

i do hope big bad wolf is their!! really want to meet him or the Brer Charcters or the Country Bears they are my really rare must meets!! lol ]

how is everyone elses training coming? anyone having doubts like me? :confused3

how is everyones training going?

im walking 5 miles at 12:00min/mile now.
5 miles is the farthest ive done in a single session.

im still hopeful. going to start extening to 6.5 miles next week, this weekend will be a rest sat-sun then monday eve i start the 6.5 sessions for a few weeks and see how i get on.

been reading alot on the reviews ands peoples blog recaps of the event and im really pumped for the event.

still got this nagging idea of failure in my head but im hopeful.

i will probably be in last coral as i dont have a time to submit and cant find any local UK events to enter in the meantime, i would have liked to try and do somthing in the UK around August time to prepare myself for what a true event is like.

from what ive read from others blogs the characters meet and greets seem to be in stints and not all the time so that should be good, go hard for the miles where no characters are then i can create a time buffer to stop for some quick photo ops later in the race.

i do hope big bad wolf is their!! really want to meet him or the Brer Charcters or the Country Bears they are my really rare must meets!! lol ]

:thumbsup2 You are doing GREAT! Keep it up, it will help you gain the confidence you need :thumbsup2

My training is going good!! I did an 8-miler on the weekend!! I haven't ran that many miles since the TOT 10-miler last year :lmao: I'm currently training for a local half marathon in August, so I'm increasing my miles earlier than most people will on here :goodvibes I'm actually contemplating squeezing in another half marathon in mid-July since my miles are coming along better than I had anticipated!!

The Big Bad Wolf- I did see him out last year on the course for pics!! He was right around mile 7! At least at the point when I came across him, he had pretty much no line either!

I plan on making/throwing together a Cruella de Vil costume I saw online. My BFF said she'd help me make a black, white and red tutu, I still need to find a red racerback running tank, red sleeves and dalmatian-esque printed socks. Still undecided on whether to spray my hair....not sure if all the sweat would cause it to run down my face mid-race or not. Yuck!:lmao:

I plan on making/throwing together a Cruella de Vil costume I saw online. My BFF said she'd help me make a black, white and red tutu, I still need to find a red racerback running tank, red sleeves and dalmatian-esque printed socks. Still undecided on whether to spray my hair....not sure if all the sweat would cause it to run down my face mid-race or not. Yuck!:lmao:

I was thinking about doing that costume also. I've looked everywhere for those socks! Will you let me know if you find them? Please and thank you. Otherwise I think I'll have to find a different villain.

You're doing GREAT - no reason to doubt! :thumbsup2

I'm still between training plans and getting antsy to start upping the mileage again. :hyper: Frankly, I feel like my body would benefit from a week of NO running at all... but my mind has other ideas. :rolleyes:

The Big Bad Wolf- I did see him out last year on the course for pics!! He was right around mile 7! At least at the point when I came across him, he had pretty much no line either!
::yes:: I remember seeing the same thing.

Still undecided on whether to spray my hair....not sure if all the sweat would cause it to run down my face mid-race or not. Yuck!:lmao:
Yeah, I think that's a very likely possibility - I seem to recall seeing several folks last year with the colored hair spray running.

I have never done a runDisney race - considering the TOT 10 miler, but it is 95% full. Hope I can decide in time.

:thumbsup2 You are doing GREAT! Keep it up, it will help you gain the confidence you need :thumbsup2

My training is going good!! I did an 8-miler on the weekend!! I haven't ran that many miles since the TOT 10-miler last year :lmao: I'm currently training for a local half marathon in August, so I'm increasing my miles earlier than most people will on here :goodvibes I'm actually contemplating squeezing in another half marathon in mid-July since my miles are coming along better than I had anticipated!!

I am doing a 1/2 in August and one is Sept too. I need to start ramping up my miles! LOL!

I am going for a 73 minute run this coming weekend - slowly working towards a 130 minute run before the TOT. I'm hoping to complete the 10 miler in about 2 hours. I'm a slower runner - am planning on 11-12 minute / mile pace. The TOT will be my first race over a 10k so very nervous but way excited also.

I am going for a 73 minute run this coming weekend - slowly working towards a 130 minute run before the TOT. I'm hoping to complete the 10 miler in about 2 hours. I'm a slower runner - am planning on 11-12 minute / mile pace. The TOT will be my first race over a 10k so very nervous but way excited also.

I am slow too!!!

I was thinking about doing that costume also. I've looked everywhere for those socks! Will you let me know if you find them? Please and thank you. Otherwise I think I'll have to find a different villain.

If all else fails, I/you can always use fabric markers on plain white socks. Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc. should have them.

If 11-12 minute mile pace is SLOW then I am in REAL TROUBLE, I am hoping for under 14 minutes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter